Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Program output overflows
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Program output overflows Post 302306109 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 11th of April 2009 04:08:17 AM
Old 04-11-2009
you've asked questions to your programm allready here:
https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...t-limited.html

please don't crosspost and use your first thread for other questions...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing output from C++ program

Hi I have a C++ program that generates a lot of log information on the console, I need this output (printed using printf function) to go to a file since I will use crontab to schedule the job. I know I can do this: myprog > myfile but I don't know how to enter this in crontab. I use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GMMike
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can I use the stream output in other program

Hello I wander if im doing : ls -l and its giving me lets say 3 results : -rw-r--r-- 1 blah other 1789 May 19 2003 foo.c -rw-r--r-- 1 blah other 1014 May 19 2003 foo.h -rw-r--r-- 1 blah other 270 May 19 2003 foo1.c now I would like to use the first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. Programming

C program Output

The output I got for this pgm is "4 4 4 4". Can any one help me to understand how I got this output. Also please suggest me some links to learn about argumnets evaluation in C. # include <stdio.h> void func(int a, int b, int c, int d) { printf("%d %d %d %d", a, b, c, d); } int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunviswanath
3 Replies

4. Programming

ambiguity in program output

1 #include <fcntl.h> 2 3 main(int argc, char *argv) 4 { 5 char buf; 6 int fd, count = 0; 7 8 if (argc > 1) 9 fd = open(argv, O_RDONLY); 10 else 11 fd = 0; /* Use standard input */ 12 13 while (read(fd, buf, 1) > 0) { 14 if (count < 5) write(1, buf, 1); 15 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
3 Replies

5. Programming

Please help me with my output for my program

Hello All, iam a new memeber today i joined this forum. hope i will get help. the below program takes input strings and give reverse of input string. && mv /home/test1/programs/display /home/test1/programs/old echo " Please enter the test " read a echo "$a" > file wc -c file > file1 perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ameyrk
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Display in a perl program

Hi All, I have created a sample perl program in one of the unix environment as below #!/usr/bin/perl print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"; print "<H1>Hello World</H1>"; When I execute it in unix, I get the below Content-type: text/html <H1>Hello World</H1> However, when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting no output with my perl program

hi, i have posted the same kind of the question in some other forum of the same site. but realized that it is supposed to be here so i am reposting it .this is the perl script written to check for particular pattern. my file 1 would look like this hwk:678:9878:asd:09: abc cfgb 12 nmjk ......... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
3 Replies
DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						      DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-preconfigure - let packages ask questions prior to their installation SYNOPSIS
dpkg-preconfigure [options] package.deb dpkg-preconfigure --apt DESCRIPTION
dpkg-preconfigure lets packages ask questions before they are installed. It operates on a set of debian packages, and all packages that use debconf will have their config script run so they can examine the system and ask questions. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. -pvalue, --priority=value Set the lowest priority of questions you are interested in. Any questions with a priority below the selected priority will be ignored and their default answers will be used. --terse Enables terse output mode. This affects only some frontends. --apt Run in apt mode. It will expect to read a set of package filenames from stdin, rather than getting them as parameters. Typically this is used to make apt run dpkg-preconfigure on all packages before they are installed. To do this, add something like this to /etc/apt/apt.conf: // Pre-configure all packages before // they are installed. DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs { "dpkg-preconfigure --apt --priority=low"; }; -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)