Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 does not mount CD/DVD ROM Post 302306087 by afakhim on Friday 10th of April 2009 10:50:45 PM
Old 04-10-2009
Solaris 10 does not mount CD/DVD ROM

Hi All,

I just bought the SUN x2200m2. After I installed Solaris, I cannot see the CD/DVD ROM. I cannot mount the CD/DVD ROM since it says already mounted. When I try unmount it I get message that CD/DVD is not mounted. Smilie

Any idea please.

Thx

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

DVD-ROM on Solaris 2.6

Netra T1 running Solaris 2.6 with following DVD installed: c0t6d0 Soft Errors: 131 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0 Vendor: TOSHIBA Product: DVD-ROM SD-M1401 Revision: 1007 I know the cdrw command isn't in Solaris until version 8 and DVD is suppose to be udfs (not supported... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RTM
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Enterprise 4500 DVD-ROM

Hello, We have a Sun Enterprise 4500. I checked the product manual from SUN's site and it says it has a DVD-ROM. I downloaded Solaris 10 DVD image and burned it to a DVD and put it into the box but I don't see anyting in the /cdrom folder. Is there a command I can use to confirm if I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zafyil
5 Replies

3. Solaris

SunFire V245, External CD/DVD-ROM, Solaris Install

Hey all. Wondering - I have a pair of V245's with no internal CD/DVD-ROM drives, and I want to install the latest/greatest Solaris 10. Booting these machines with an external drive plugged in via USB does no good. Is jumpstart or installing internal drives the only alternative? I'm a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b1f30
1 Replies

4. Solaris

cd rom to dvd rom drive swap

Hello, I need to replace a cd rom drive with a dvd rom drive in a SunFire v120 running Solaris 8. My objective is to install Solaris 10 from dvd disc. Downloading Solaris 10 cd discs is not an option since I am in Baghdad, Iraq and connection speeds are horrible. So far, all I can get is power to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 555
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Verify DVD Rom?

Hi All, I'm a total noob when it comes to troubleshooting Sun hardware issues, however, I've been tasked with just a task. How can I verify if the DVD rom is working in a Sun system? We've put in the dvd, but can't do anything. This is from command line. Thanks. ---------- Post updated at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Ultra 5 will not boot from DVD ROM :(

Hi, I just got a new Ultra 5 and replaced the CD-ROM with an LG DVD-ROM (approved and listed in Sun HCL). Got the DVD-ROM installed to install Solaris 10. Im just learning and new to Solaris installation. When I insert a Solaris 10 DVD I see that it gets mounted and File Manager opens and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greypilgrim
8 Replies

7. Solaris

DVD Solaris System Not able to Mount and Boot

Hi, I have a .ISO file of Solaris system burned into a DVD+ROM, and I encounter the following problems, I am using Sun V440 server, (1) Not able to detect the DVD contents under /cdrom. (2) After reboot with this bootable DVD, I get the following errors, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paris Heng
1 Replies

8. AIX

need help - How to mount DVD rom in AIX in Command line

Dear Friends could u pls help me on this . how to mount DVD rom in command line in aix? THanks DD (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ded325
4 Replies

9. Hardware

inability to use cd rom or dvd burner

Here is my conundrum . I am unable to access my cd or dvd after I supposedly alter the BIOS setting to enable a "Live" CD or DVD to be used. Would ,changing the Hard Drive or Motherboard remedy the situation. Thanking you, katosan:wall::wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katosan
2 Replies
cdvd(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   cdvd(1)

NAME
cdvd - Read Primary Volume Descriptor from a CD-ROM SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/cdvd [-b] file OPTIONS
Copies the entire Primary Volume Descriptor from a CD-ROM in binary format to standard output. Names the block special file for a CD-ROM File System, or a file or directory within the CD-ROM file hierarchy of a mounted CD-ROM File System. DESCRIPTION
The cdvd command reads the Primary Volume Descriptor from a CD-ROM and lists the contents on standard output. The output is formatted in a table that contains the name of each field of the Primary Volume Descriptor and the corresponding contents of the entry as recorded on the CD-ROM. Note that the Application Use Field is not listed because it may contain non-printable characters. Users must have read permission for file in order to execute the command. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: The command was successful. The named file was not found, or was not within the CD-ROM hierarchy, or not a block special file for a CD-ROM File System, or access permission was denied. The named file is a block special file and a read error has occurred, or the CD-ROM is not recorded according to the ISO 9660 standard. SEE ALSO
Files: cd_cpvd(3), cd_pvd(3) cdvd(1)