Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print is not in ordered after hash converted to array Post 302306040 by teiji on Friday 10th of April 2009 03:50:24 PM
Old 04-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinADC
I was assuming you wanted the output in order by state, but after looking at your hash I may have been mistaken. If that is the order then the hash of arrays should work, although you may not have your head around such a concept if you are still unfamiliar with a regular old hash.
You were right. I wanted the output to be in the ordered (by the state) of the hash. The output I provided in post #1 was what I got (unordered), not what I wanted.

I tried your code, and the output wasn't in order also. So I guess you were right that hash are unordered list.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hash within array, within hash, within array...

I have a little problem. To keep a configuration simple, I've exceeded my perl knowledge. :-) I've worked with multi-dimentional arrays before, but this one has me beat: @info = ( { 'defval' => 'abc' 'stats' = ( { 'name' => 'a', }, { 'name' =>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsmoriss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

hash,array and perl

Hi,i have a code fragment below. %tag = (); #line 1 $tag{'info'} = $datastring; #line 2 $resp = $ua->request( #$ua is a user agent POST 'http://10.2.3.0' , Content_Type => application/x-www-form-urlencoded Content => #line 3 I am not sure of what the code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv into Hash array?

Hi all experts, May I know how to read a csv file and read the content in a hash in PERL? Currently, I hard-coded and defined it in my code. I wanna know how to make up the %mymap hash thru reading the cfg.txt ==== csv file(cfg.txt): 888,444 999,333 === #!/usr/bin/perl my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kinmak
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Entire hash list (hash of hashes)

I have a script with dynamic hash of hashes , and I want to print the entire hash (with all other hashes). Itried to do it recursively by checking if the current key is a hash and if yes call the current function again with refference to the sub hash. Most of the printing seems to be OK but in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array of hash in perl does not work

Hi , I have an input.txt file that i read node: id= c1, class=nb, cx=100, cy=100, r=10 node: id=c2, class=b, cx=150, cy=130, r=10 node: id=c3, class=nb, cx=50, cy=80, r=10 node: id=c4, class=nb, cx=120, cy=200, r=10 i split over , and = to create a global array and then passed it to a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsanjay
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print folder size ordered by pattern value of specific file type :-) ! challenge !

Hello dear unix command line friends ! I'm looking for a simple combinaison of ls & awk (maybe grep) to print: list of folders of a directory |_ ordered by size like what I have with $ du -sk ./* | sort -rn printing that result: 8651520 ./New Virtual Machine_1 8389120 ./Redhat ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: holister
1 Replies

7. Web Development

Intersection and union of array by hash

Hi, A piece of script from Perl-cookbook I do not understand, and post here for explanation. The purpose is to find the element in either array (union), and in both array (intersection). Thank you in advance. @a=qw(1 3 5 6 7 8); @b=qw(2 3 5 7 9); foreach $e (@a, @b) {$union{$e}++ &&... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

array of hash - perl

How do I get the unique hashes from an array of hashes? @ar1 = ( {a=>1,b=>2}, {c=>3,d=>4},{a=>1,b=>2});I need : @ar2 = ( {a=>1,b=>2}, {c=>3,d=>4});Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
2 Replies

9. Programming

Perl Array within an hash

Hi All I have been using a curl code to output an hash that looks like this $VAR1 = { 'data'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print hash of hash in table format

Hi, I have a hash of hash where it has name, activities and count i have data like this - $result->{$name}->{$activities} = $value; content of that are - name - robert tom cat peter activities - running, eating, sleeping , drinking, work i need to print output as below ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
3 Replies