Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Poblem with libX11.so.4
Operating Systems Solaris Poblem with libX11.so.4 Post 302306017 by incredible on Friday 10th of April 2009 12:01:13 PM
Old 04-10-2009
Can you serial in to the machine and capture the console message. Try to halt the system and boot it to failsafe mode and fsck on the filesystem. first fix the rebooting problem

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

libX11.so.4 - how do i get this ?

Hi there I am trying to install the prerequisites for sunfreeware apache/php, one of which is apparrantly libX11.so.4 bash-3.2# ldd /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so librt.so.1 => /usr/lib/librt.so.1 libsybdb.so.5 => /usr/local/freetds/lib/libsybdb.so.5 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

2. Hardware

USB power cycling poblem on RPI

I am having a problem with cycling USB bus power on the RPI B+ (3.18.7+). Each time I power the USB bus off and on, a device plugged into it gets a higher Device number, and eventually the bus crashes (does not enumerate new devices any more) As a demonstration, I wrote the python script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vthielen
4 Replies
reboot(3C)																reboot(3C)

NAME
reboot - reboot system or halt processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> int reboot(int howto, char *bootargs); The reboot() function reboots the system. The howto argument specifies the behavior of the system while rebooting and is a mask con- structed by a bitwise-inclusive-OR of flags from the following list: RB_AUTOBOOT The machine is rebooted from the root filesystem on the default boot device. This is the default behavior. See boot(1M) and kernel(1M). RB_HALT The processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place. This option should be used with caution. RB_ASKNAME Interpreted by the bootstrap program and kernel, causing the user to be asked for pathnames during the bootstrap. RB_DUMP The system is forced to panic immediately without any further processing and a crash dump is written to the dump device (see dumpadm(1M)) before rebooting. Any other howto argument causes the kernel file to boot. The interpretation of the bootargs argument is platform-dependent. Upon successful completion, reboot() never returns. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. The reboot() function will fail if: EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_CONFIG} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. intro(1M), boot(1M), dumpadm(1M), halt(1M), init(1M), kernel(1M), reboot(1M), uadmin(2) 22 Mar 2004 reboot(3C)