Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Variable sub-menu issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Variable sub-menu issue Post 302305983 by System Shock on Friday 10th of April 2009 10:54:47 AM
Old 04-10-2009
This is really hard to read without code tags and indentation, but I'd suggest you use case statements instead of a whole bunch of nested if statements -most likely the source of your problem is bad "if" nests.

I'd go for something like this:

Code:
case ${menunumber} in
        1) do something;;
        2) do something else;;
        3) show this menu
            case ${menunumber2} in
                    1) do this;;
                    2) do that;;
            esac
         *) not a choice;;
esac

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using a list menu as a variable

Hi again I have the follwing - cat ~/ABCFILE | grep "$SYSTEM" | grep "$USERNAME" What I'm looking to do is have the variable for $SYSTEM determined by the user making a selection from a numbered list. So, input 1 would be system ABC etc. I'm very puzzled as to how to go about this? Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Great Uncle Kip
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Do I Create A Multi Line Menu Variable?

I want something that would show up basically like: Menu ----- 1) Option 1 2) Option 2 3) Option 3 Pick one: I tried menu = " Menu \r\n ----- \r\n 1)Option 1 \r\n..............etc etc etc" but that didnt work (just got the whole menu one one line, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoVi3t
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Input A Menu Selection In A Variable

hey all, me again....having a problem with my code, where I essentially am trying to show a menu, have the user select an option (from 1 to 5), then display which selection they picked... #!/bin/bash # A LIST OF THE ERROR MESSAGES AND THE PROPER SYNTAX: error_0="Correct amount of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SoVi3t
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu in Menu script issue

Problem: I am trying to create a menu in a menu script and I am running into an issue with the calculator portion of the script. I am first presented with the ==Options Menu== which all 5 options working correctly. Now comes the fun part. I select option 1 which takes me to my ==Calculator... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iDdraig
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable issue

Hi, I'm sure that it's a very simple issue. this is a part of my code : while read ligne do result=`ls -R ../FILES/|grep "."$ligne"$"` echo $result done<TYPE_EXT_FILES.txt the echo return nothing (as my variable is empty). I'm sure that the problem... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: skubann
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whiptail menu, getting back the variable

Hi all Only learning so if any mistakes, let me know I am trying to create a menu box with Whiptail, taking in the variables from a txt.file called Name.txt which has just 4 names listed for now, one below each other..ie Dave John Mike Mary Bash script is below and calls the txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: olearydc
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in create menu with 3 sub menu using the case command

hi all i am a newbie to this is there any examples on creating a main menu with 3 sub menu main menu -> option a , b and c a menu -> option 1 ,2 and 3 b menu -> option 1 ,2 c menu -> option 1 ,2 i am getting headache as my code kept getting unexpected EOF ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercm
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value substitution issue with awk command issue

Hi All, I am using the below script which has awk command, but it is not returing the expected result. can some pls help me to correct the command. The below script sample.ksh should give the result if the value of last 4 digits in the variable NM matches with the variable value DAT. The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Gnome 3.28.3 menu item dissapears under the system menu

I installed CentOS 8 with Gnome 3.28.2 and I noticed that the "switch user" menu item disappeared from under the system menu of Gnome classic (Both X11 & Wayland). I checked google and this problem seems to have a history going back several releases of Gnome. Unfortunately, I never found a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bodisha
1 Replies
CGI::Pretty(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    CGI::Pretty(3)

NAME
CGI::Pretty - module to produce nicely formatted HTML code SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Pretty qw( :html3 ); # Print a table with a single data element print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Pretty is a module that derives from CGI. It's sole function is to allow users of CGI to output nicely formatted HTML code. When using the CGI module, the following code: print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); produces the following output: <TABLE><TR><TD>foo</TD></TR></TABLE> If a user were to create a table consisting of many rows and many columns, the resultant HTML code would be quite difficult to read since it has no carriage returns or indentation. CGI::Pretty fixes this problem. What it does is add a carriage return and indentation to the HTML code so that one can easily read it. print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); now produces the following output: <TABLE> <TR> <TD>foo</TD> </TR> </TABLE> Recommendation for when to use CGI::Pretty CGI::Pretty is far slower than using CGI.pm directly. A benchmark showed that it could be about 10 times slower. Adding newlines and spaces may alter the rendered appearance of HTML. Also, the extra newlines and spaces also make the file size larger, making the files take longer to download. With all those considerations, it is recommended that CGI::Pretty be used primarily for debugging. Tags that won't be formatted The following tags are not formatted: <a>, <pre>, <code>, <script>, <textarea>, and <td>. If these tags were formatted, the user would see the extra indentation on the web browser causing the page to look different than what would be expected. If you wish to add more tags to the list of tags that are not to be touched, push them onto the @AS_IS array: push @CGI::Pretty::AS_IS,qw(XMP); Customizing the Indenting If you wish to have your own personal style of indenting, you can change the $INDENT variable: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = " "; would cause the indents to be two tabs. Similarly, if you wish to have more space between lines, you may change the $LINEBREAK variable: $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = " "; would create two carriage returns between lines. If you decide you want to use the regular CGI indenting, you can easily do the following: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = ""; AUTHOR
Brian Paulsen <Brian@ThePaulsens.com>, with minor modifications by Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org> for incorporation into the CGI.pm distribution. Copyright 1999, Brian Paulsen. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Bug reports and comments to Brian@ThePaulsens.com. You can also write to lstein@cshl.org, but this code looks pretty hairy to me and I'm not sure I understand it! SEE ALSO
CGI perl v5.16.3 2011-01-24 CGI::Pretty(3)