Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions To Connect to Windows server from Unix server Post 302305950 by woofie on Friday 10th of April 2009 08:56:49 AM
Old 04-10-2009
Depending on when the script is required to be run on the Windows server is it possible to setup a automatically thing on the Windows server to run the script. Maybe e-mail the output of the script to an account on the Unix computer?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry forgot to add, also what version of Windows? But you may need to go into the firewall settings and looks for someone like 'exceptions' and allow the FTP port to be open, or if you using the non standard port for FTP add the port to be open for FTP.

Last edited by woofie; 04-10-2009 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: more information...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script runs fine on UNIX Server...Not through MSK Tool kit on Windows Server

I have a .sh script which was running fine on all the UNIX Servers (AIX, SunSolaris). The script requires two mandatory parameters and many optional parameters. Now at a different client place who are on a Windows Server, when I try to execute the script through MKS Toolkit, there are couple of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. Thanks in advance. Phatan:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. with simple example please. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect windows server

Hi All, I need to connect windows server by unix shell script then search the directory for some keyword in all files in that directory... Windows Server is \\wh01ad04 Please help me and thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sending file from UNIX server to Windows server

I'm trying to write a Perl script where a file from a UNIX server box connects to a Windows server box and copies that file into the Window box. The main problem I have right now is that whenever I try to connect to the Windows box, the connection is refused. The error message that always pops... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

9. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
FTP_SSL_CONNECT(3)							 1							FTP_SSL_CONNECT(3)

ftp_ssl_connect - Opens an Secure SSL-FTP connection

SYNOPSIS
resource ftp_ssl_connect (string $host, [int $port = 21], [int $timeout = 90]) DESCRIPTION
ftp_ssl_connect(3) opens an explicit SSL-FTP connection to the specified $host. Note Why this function may not exist ftp_ssl_connect(3) is only available if both the ftp module and the OpenSSL support is built statically into php, this means that on Windows this function will be undefined in the official PHP builds. To make this function available on Windows you must compile your own PHP binaries. Note ftp_ssl_connect(3) is not intended for use with sFTP. To use sFTP with PHP, please see ssh2_sftp(3). PARAMETERS
o $host - The FTP server address. This parameter shouldn't have any trailing slashes and shouldn't be prefixed with ftp://. o $port - This parameter specifies an alternate port to connect to. If it is omitted or set to zero, then the default FTP port, 21, will be used. o $timeout - This parameter specifies the timeout for all subsequent network operations. If omitted, the default value is 90 seconds. The timeout can be changed and queried at any time with ftp_set_option(3) and ftp_get_option(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns a SSL-FTP stream on success or FALSE on error. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.2.2 | | | | | | | The function was changed to return FALSE when it | | | can't use an SSL connection, instead of fallback- | | | ing to a non-SSL one as previously. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 ftp_ssl_connect(3) example <?php // set up basic ssl connection $conn_id = ftp_ssl_connect($ftp_server); // login with username and password $login_result = ftp_login($conn_id, $ftp_user_name, $ftp_user_pass); echo ftp_pwd($conn_id); // / // close the ssl connection ftp_close($conn_id); ?> SEE ALSO
ftp_connect(3). PHP Documentation Group FTP_SSL_CONNECT(3)