Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Red Hat Linux Serial Number using non-root user Post 302305923 by Yogesh Sawant on Friday 10th of April 2009 07:15:07 AM
Old 04-10-2009
do you have sudo access? what is sudo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New User, New Install Red Hat 9, need serious Instruction

Hey... I'm so proud of myself. After nearly 13 hours of trying to get Red Hat installed on my PC I got it on here. But I'm having all sorts of problems. First the boot loader is corrupted and all I get is LI and then the computer freezes. But I can boot fine from the floppy that was made during... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garfunkle
2 Replies

2. Linux

Red Hat Linux 9

Hello there! Will anybody please tell me some good links to online eBooks on Red Hat Linux 9 user experiences and the like. If the books are in PDF Format, it will be nice to read. Thanks for cooperation in advance. Enjoy using open source and breathe freely! JAM (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restricting the user *LINUX RED HAT*

Hats of to all the members for providing the detailed guidence to the newbe !! :o I am working on Red Hat LINUX plateform, where the number of users are more that 50. The problem I m facing is that all the user are opening the virtual terminals and leave it unattended for hours together and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
4 Replies

4. SuSE

ghost root disk on Red Hat Linux

I have been reading to no avail on how to create a root ghost disk. The purpose of this task is that prior to patching my linux servers, I would create a copy of my root disk to an empty disk for failback in the event that the patching has issues. I currently configured my root disk with 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gperez
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

startx by non-root user account in red hat linux kernel 2.6

How can I use the command "startx" by other user account such as "oracle" ?? I cannot startx by user account oracle ?? How to fix it ??? Any adivce ??? I use red hat linux kernel 2.6 $ startx Fatal server error: PAM authentication failed, cannot start X server. Perhaps you do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Red hat 9 root directory

Hello , I recently decided to change from Red hat 9 OS to Fedora 14 but I wanted to copy all the files in the root directory to my usb . every time I copy the file and move them to my usb folder I get an error windows with permission denied warning , although I'm the only user and I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolypop
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Control M user permissions on Red Hat Linux

All, Requirement: Permissions Required for Control M on Linux I am using the Linux as the operating system. I am told to get an user configured for Control M on Linux. The user would be an authenticated user created by the client. The user created requires permissions to be made available so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roadies99
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to find the number of cores in a Red Hat Linux box?

Hi, Could you please Tell me the command to find the number of cores in red hat box? I have tried cat cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor | wc -l command to find the number of processers. But need to fond the number of cores. Is there any difference between core and processor? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikas89
4 Replies

10. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies
lx(5)							Standards, Environments, and Macros						     lx(5)

NAME
lx - Linux branded zone DESCRIPTION
The lx brand uses the branded zones framework described in brands(5) to enable Linux binary applications to run unmodified on a machine with a Solaris Operating System kernel. The lx brand includes the tools necessary to install a CentOS 3.x or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.x distribution inside a non-global zone. The brand supports the execution of 32-bit Linux applications on x86/x64 machines running the Solaris system in either 32-bit or 64-bit mode. Supported Linux Distributions The lx brand emulates the system call interfaces provided by the Linux 2.4.21 kernel, as modified by Red Hat in the RHEL 3.x distributions. This kernel provides the system call interfaces consumed by the glibc version 2.3.2 released by Red Hat. In addition, the lx brand partially emulates the Linux /dev and /proc interfaces. Configuration and Administration The lx brand supports the whole root non-global zone model. All of the required linux packages are installed into the private file systems of the zone. The zonecfg(1M) utility is used to configure an lx branded zone. Once a branded zone has been installed, that zone's brand cannot be changed or removed. The zoneadm(1M) utility is used to report the zone's brand type and administer the zone. The zlogin(1) utility is used to log in to the zone. Application Support The lx zone only supports user-level Linux applications. You cannot use Linux device drivers, Linux kernel modules, or Linux file systems from inside an lx zone. You cannot add any non-standard Solaris devices to a Linux zone. Any attempt to do so will result in a zone that zonecfg(1M) will refuse to verify. You cannot run Solaris applications inside an lx zone. Solaris debugging tools such as DTrace (see dtrace(1M)) and mdb (see mdb(1)) can be applied to Linux processes executing inside the zone, but the tools themselves must be running in the global zone. Any core files generated are produced in the Solaris format, and such files can only be debugged with Solaris tools. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlxr, SUNWlxu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), dtrace(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), brands(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D) SunOS 5.11 19 Sep 2006 lx(5)