Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to share a directory in AIX to access from Solaris and windows? Post 302305911 by babuchoudary_g on Friday 10th of April 2009 06:07:34 AM
Old 04-10-2009
How to share a directory in AIX to access from Solaris and windows?

Hi All,
I am basically new to this forum as well as AIX. To share some huge files between 2 servers I thought of creating a shared Directory in my AIX machine to access it in Solaris. I am very new to this AIX. Help me out how can u share a directory in AIX to access (mount) it on Solaris.
Hope My question is clear Smilie
Cheers
~Krishna

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mounting a windows share on AIX

Hi, How can I mount a Windows share (over samba) on an AIX machine? I know there is a utility called smbmount on Linux, but alas, I cannot find out how to the same thing on AIX. anyone have any ideas? thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: szahir1
3 Replies

2. AIX

Access windows share from AIX

How in AIX 5.1 can I access a windows shared drive without using NFS. I have looked into cifs but I can not seem to find the package that I need to install for AIX 5.1 if anyone can give me any further direction please let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chefsride
2 Replies

3. AIX

Access AIX NFS Share from Windows Server 2008

Hi all, Hopefully this question hasn't been asked a thousand times. I am trying to connect a Windows Server to an exported NFS share which resides on an AIX box. I think the directory is exported correctly from the AIX side but I can't verify that because I didn't do it myself. On the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThePistonDoctor
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Need to Share between Solaris 10 and Windows

Hello everyone, was looking to get some help. I am very new to Unix and need to join a Sun Ultra 24 workstation running SOLARIS 10 to a small Windows network for file sharing. The Windows Network is a closed network using a Dell server running Windows 2003 Server. The clients on the network... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sluggo
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX to access Windows share

Are there any special requirements/tools needed for a AIX server to see (copy data) a Windows share? Only need 1-way copy (Windows-to-AIX). (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirkb
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to access windows share from linux box

how to access windows share from a linux box windows machin is in different workgroup so how to pass credentials whil acessing a share from a script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
2 Replies

7. AIX

How can we share a AIX drive on to Windows 2012 server?

Hi, How can we share a AIX drive on to Windows 2012 server. or vise versa. Note: Not using NFS/CIFS/samba. (*we are not able to use samba/NFS/CIFS for some reason) Requirement: How to have real time file sharing over the network between Windows and UNIX Do you guys have any ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Samba Share access from windows

Hello, I want to connect to two samba shares both on the same Linux box but each with a different username from a windows server 2008. I created 2 gpos to connect and I can connect to the shares individually via net use command, but once I entered credentials for one of the shares, it seems I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zaineyma
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unable to access the CIFS share folder on windows by IP

Hi All Actually I have NAS Storage and Suddenly I got problem Unable to access the CIFS share folder on windows host, however the IP is pinging and the share is accessible via share name. The share can be accessed via share name only on Windows higher Windows Versions. Any help guys (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abu_SM
4 Replies

10. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
share(1M)																 share(1M)

NAME
share - make local resource available for mounting by remote systems SYNOPSIS
share [-F FSType] [-o specific_options] [-d description] [pathname] The share command exports, or makes a resource available for mounting, through a remote file system of type FSType. If the option -F FSType is omitted, the first file system type listed in /etc/dfs/fstypes is used as default. For a description of NFS specific options, see share_nfs(1M). pathname is the pathname of the directory to be shared. When invoked with no arguments, share displays all shared file sys- tems. -F FSType Specify the filesystem type. -o specific_options The specific_options are used to control access of the shared resource. (See share_nfs(1M) for the NFS specific options.) They may be any of the following: rw pathname is shared read/write to all clients. This is also the default behavior. rw=client[:client]... pathname is shared read/write only to the listed clients. No other systems can access pathname. ro pathname is shared read-only to all clients. ro=client[:client]... pathname is shared read-only only to the listed clients. No other systems can access pathname. Separate multiple options with commas. Separate multiple operands for an option with colons. See . -d description The -d flag may be used to provide a description of the resource being shared. Example 1: Sharing a Read-Only Filesystem This line will share the /disk file system read-only at boot time. share -F nfs -o ro /disk Example 2: Invoking Multiple Options The following command shares the filesystem /export/manuals, with members of the netgroup having read-only access and users on the speci- fied host having read-write access. share -F nfs -o ro=netgroup_name,rw=host1:host2:host3 /export/manuals /etc/dfs/dfstab list of share commands to be executed at boot time /etc/dfs/fstypes list of file system types, NFS by default /etc/dfs/sharetab system record of shared file systems See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ mountd(1M), nfsd(1M), share_nfs(1M), shareall(1M), unshare(1M), attributes(5) Export (old terminology): file system sharing used to be called exporting on SunOS 4.x, so the share command used to be invoked as exportfs(1B) or /usr/sbin/exportfs. If share commands are invoked multiple times on the same filesystem, the last share invocation supersedes the previous--the options set by the last share command replace the old options. For example, if read-write permission was given to usera on /somefs, then to give read- write permission also to userb on /somefs: example% share -F nfs -o rw=usera:userb /somefs This behavior is not limited to sharing the root filesystem, but applies to all filesystems. 9 Dec 2004 share(1M)