Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX /usr out of disk space need to unmount/ expand volume /mount Post 302305902 by sanchay on Friday 10th of April 2009 05:34:32 AM
Old 04-10-2009
You should login in single user mode to increase the space for /usr or /tmp or /var mount points.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Cannot unmount mount points??

When taking a snap, I have a script that stops any active snap. When running the script, I'm getting a message that u02 and u04 are already mounted. How can I find out what process(es) is/are latching on the these mount points? Thank you for your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genzbeat
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Unmount and remove all Logical vol.Volume group and physical disk

Hi, Someone please help me with how i can unmount and remove all the files systems from a cluster. This is being shared by two servers that are active_standby. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeli
3 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Can't Mount Disk / Image after bad unmount

I have had a little issue with one of my disks, the usb cacble was pulled out and one of the external drives on it would no longer mount. I used First Aid and it verified and repaired both OK / nothing to do). After lots of messing around and not being able to mount I used Drive Genius 2 and that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cranie
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Increasing disk space of a mount point.

Hi I have a mount point that is in production environment, and is currently filled up. more space has been presented from same original source (EVA). Problem; 1. Can't see presented space 2. After I discover the presented space, how do I go about adding this new space to existing mount point.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Targ
9 Replies

5. Solaris

How to know used disk space at a mount point?

how to check how much space is occupied when u softmount or hard mount a file? ---------- Post updated at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:24 AM ---------- can anyone send me the answer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: revathireddy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if (disk is mounted) unmount if (disk is unmounted) mount

Hey there, sorry if this is a bit too much of a noob question, trying to get to grips with a simple bash script - but i have done ZERO bash scripting. basically having worked out how to mount and unmount disks using: disktool -m *device* & disktool -e *device* - and looking at the result of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hollister
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Grow / expand a ZFS volume

Hi, I need to expand a ZFS volume from 500GB to 800GB. I'd like to ask your help to confirm the following procedure: Can I do it on the fly without bothering the users working on this volume? Thank you in advance! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

8. Solaris

2540 volume expand and solaris zfs grow

Hello I hope everyone is having a good day! Situation: 2540 with 3.6TB of usable space volume A is 2.6TB volume B was 1TB Volume A is mounted via a single lun on a solaris server and is running out of space. Volume B was used on another server but is no longer, I deleted the volume in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Metasin
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to unmount and mount by UUID

Hi, Need a bit of help on this one as I am a scripting noob. I have a linux based NAS that mounts USB hard drives in an inconsistent location and to make matters worse, seems to lose the mount for an unknown reason and doesn't remount automatically unless the drive is removed and re-inserted.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtr33m
4 Replies
CACHEINFO(5)							AFS File Reference						      CACHEINFO(5)

NAME
cacheinfo - Defines configuration parameters for the Cache Manager DESCRIPTION
The cacheinfo file defines configuration parameters for the Cache Manager, which reads the file as it initializes. The file contains a single line of ASCII text and must reside in the /etc/openafs directory. Use a text editor to create it during initial configuration of the client machine; the required format is as follows: <mount>:<cache>:<size> where <mount> Names the local disk directory at which the Cache Manager mounts the AFS namespace. It must exist before the afsd program runs. The conventional value is /afs. Using any other value prevents traversal of pathnames that begin with /afs (such as pathnames to files in foreign cells that do use the conventional name). The -mountdir argument to the afsd command overrides this value. <cache> Names the local disk directory to use as a cache. It must exist before the afsd program runs. The standard value is /usr/vice/cache, but it is acceptable to substitute a directory on a partition with more available space. Although the Cache Manager ignores this field when configuring a memory cache, a value must always appear in it. The -cachedir argument to the afsd command overrides this value. <size> Specifies the cache size as a number of 1-kilobyte blocks. Larger caches generally yield better performance, but a disk cache must not exceed 90% of the space available on the cache partition (85% for AIX systems), and a memory cache must use no more than 25% of available machine memory. The -blocks argument to the afsd command overrides this value. To reset cache size without rebooting on a machine that uses disk caching, use the fs setcachesize command. To display the current size of a disk or memory cache between reboots, use the fs getcacheparms command. EXAMPLES
The following example cacheinfo file mounts the AFS namespace at /afs, establishes a disk cache in the /usr/vice/cache directory, and defines cache size as 50,000 1-kilobyte blocks. /afs:/usr/vice/cache:50000 SEE ALSO
afsd(8), fs_getcacheparms(1), fs_setcachesize(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 CACHEINFO(5)