Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu Server 810 Telnet ** I know its Bad.. But ** Post 302305778 by gbxfan on Thursday 9th of April 2009 04:49:22 PM
Old 04-09-2009
Okay, it came back empty so I have some more work to do. Unless you know where and how to get it I'll continue searching for it, but its good to know I don't have it and that's my problem. Thanks Nero!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bad upgrade to 8.10 and ubuntu doesn't boot afterwards.

at the end of October i upgraded the distro to 8.10 at first it seemed fine until i restarted my machine the boot seqence started i logged in after that nothing? tried booting again and the same thing happened did i do something wrong during the upgrade to 8.10 did everything the computer asked me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksnovice
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to auto telnet the server from another server using script

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' I have to write a script, which is ran... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

ufsdump from Solaris to ubuntu fails with bad file descriptor

Hi All I have a dedicated backup server running ubuntu 10.04, which has recently been rebuilt (same OS, just different h/w) This is used to receive ufsdump output from a number of Solaris servers, using the following syntax: ufsdump 1uf :/path/to/backup/file /fs/to/be/backed/up This has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: in2deep
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect scripting telnet stop on bad username or password

I am trying to build and expect script to log into multiple aix boxes and change password. I need for the script to terminate if it cannot log into a server because the username or password is wrong. #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 1 set host set user set password set uh "Unknown host" set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leemalloy
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Server in VM - DHCP Server not working

Hello. Doing my first steps in Linux and while trying to configure a DHCP server in Linux i encountered some problems: TOPOLOGY: - Laptop with Windows 8.1 - VM Player 12 with Linux installed (Ubuntu Server 14.04) - ICS-DHCP-SERVER installed and running - Another LAPTOP conected to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Portuguevos
1 Replies
LOGIN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  LOGIN(8)

NAME
login.krb5 - kerberos enhanced login program SYNOPSIS
login.krb5 [-p] [-fFe username] [-r | -k | -K | -h hostname] DESCRIPTION
login.krb5 is a modification of the BSD login program which is used for two functions. It is the sub-process used by krlogind and telnetd to initiate a user session and it is a replacement for the command-line login program which, when invoked with a password, acquires Ker- beros tickets for the user. login.krb5 will prompt for a username, or take one on the command line, as login.krb5 username and will then prompt for a password. This password will be used to acquire Kerberos Version 5 tickets (if possible.) It will also attempt to run aklog to get AFS tokens for the user. The version 5 tickets will be tested against a local krb5.keytab if it is available, in order to verify the tickets, before letting the user in. However, if the password matches the entry in /etc/passwd the user will be unconditionally allowed (permitting use of the machine in case of network failure.) OPTIONS
-p preserve the current environment -r hostname pass hostname to rlogind. Must be the last argument. -h hostname pass hostname to telnetd, etc. Must be the last argument. -f name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -F name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -e name Perform pre-authenticated, encrypted login. Must do term negotiation. CONFIGURATION
login.krb5 is also configured via krb5.conf using the login stanza. A collection of options dealing with initial authentication are pro- vided: krb5_get_tickets Use password to get V5 tickets. Default value true. krb_run_aklog Attempt to run aklog. Default value false. aklog_path Where to find it [not yet implemented.] Default value $(prefix)/bin/aklog. accept_passwd Don't accept plaintext passwords [not yet implemented]. Default value false. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection or tty associated with stderr. SEE ALSO
rlogind(8), rlogin(1), telnetd(8) LOGIN(8)