Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux running java program question Post 302305761 by Neo on Thursday 9th of April 2009 04:22:57 PM
Old 04-09-2009
Looks like you need to set your Java environment variables correctly, for example Jave CLASSPATH.

See this reference:

Classpath (Java) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Communication between a java and c++ program

Hi, I have the following problem. I have 2 programs, a java program and a c++ program. These 2 programs have to communicate with each other in full duplex mode. I want to use pipes for this communication. So when the c++ program pust something on the stdout the java program must be able to read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmnt22
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing the su command from a java program.

Say in unix (AIX) m/c, I am logged in with s1 user and want to start process p1 with user credentials of s2. I can do manually in this way: #su - s2 #enter password for s2> somePassword $ p1 But all this I have to do through a java program. How to pass the password through program. One... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shailendrat
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Invoke java program in different processc d

I have a simple script like this: for file in $dodfiles; do ./rundod $file done $dodfiles is an array of file names selected rundod is a script which invokes a java progrm which process a data file all the processing message logged into a log file in order to extract and analyze the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liux99
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke java program in script

Hey all, My boss tasked me with the job to write a script which would invoke various java programs, the thing is I don't know much about shell scripting so would you experts help me out? Here is the requirement - 2 applications written in java: App_A and App_B -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i run java program from any where

Hello all sorry didnt know where to post it i compiled simple program that using "System.getProperty("user.dir");" now i compiled the program under directory foo and and its running great when i do "java myapp" i included this directory in the $PATH env variable so i could see it fro any where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a Java Program

I am entirely new to shell scripting and would like to create a script to execute a java program called Main. I've already compiled it and placed the .java and .class files at /root/javaTest. Next I made a shell script that simply contained: java /root/javaTest/Main . I made the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hypnotic_meat
2 Replies

7. Programming

need logic for java program

Hi All, I need to to wright a java programm for the following query. Qus: output need to genarate a number+ alphnumric sequence in java and get converted into ASCII code so that i can use mod logic on that. example Output: like 10 digit number 1AAAAAAAAA 1AAAAAAAAB 1AAAAAAAAC . .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Khandare
4 Replies

8. Programming

Running a Java program on Linux

Hello, I have a project directory in /home/researcher I have in my project/src three packages:A (contains the main class), B and C and I have 2 jar-files file1.jar file2.jar files in the project/my-jars In Class A I import other classes from the other packages I compiled as follows:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
4 Replies

9. Programming

Program java arguments

Hello, The arguments are strings. In my code I need them to be a different type, I do the cast but it is not feasible ... Have you any idea? Thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

java compile and run program help

What is the trick to get a java program to run and compile? I can't even get a basic skeleton to run and compile. What packages do I need? I figured the java-gcj and gcc-java packages was enough. Do I need any other packages? I thought I had to do this and it would work but its not. javac... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
MAKE-JPKG(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MAKE-JPKG(1)

NAME
make-jpkg - builds Debian packages from Java binary distributions SYNOPSIS
make-jpkg [OPTION]... [FILE] DESCRIPTION
make-jpkg builds a Debian package from the given Java distribution FILE. Supported java binary distributions currently include: * Oracle (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads) : - The J2SE Development Kit (JDK), version 6 (update >= 10), 7 - The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE), version 6 (update >= 10), 7 - The J2SE API Javadoc, version 6 (update >= 10), 7 (Choose tar.gz archives or self-extracting archives, do _not_ choose the RPM!) The following options are recognized: --full-name NAME full name used in the maintainer field of the package --email EMAIL email address used in the maintainer field of the package --changes create a .changes file --revision add debian revision --help display help text and exit --version output version information and exit Download a supported Java RE or SDK or API tar.gz or self-extracting archive from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads and execute make-jpkg file with the downloaded file. The program asks the user for additional information and builds a Debian binary pack- age in the current directory. The program requires about 200 MB free disk space in a temporary directory. The temporary directory defaults to /tmp but you can specify an alternate directory by setting the environment variable TMPDIR. EXAMPLE
To install Oracle(TM) 7 Standard Edition JDK, download a release - 64 bits version of update 2 from http://www.oracle.com/technet- work/java/javase/downloads/jdk-7u2-download-1377129.html in this example - and invoke make-jpkg: make-jpkg <path_to_download_directory>/jdk-7u2-linux-x64.tar.gz This generate a Debian package in the current directory, that can be installed using dpkg: dpkg -i oracle-j2sdk1.7_1.7.0+update2_amd64.deb When you're done, you can delete initial download as well as generated package: rm <path_to_download_directory>/jdk-7u2-linux-x64.tar.gz oracle-j2sdk1.7_1.7.0+update2_amd64.deb ENVIRONMENT
TMPDIR base directory used for temporary files (defaults to /tmp) J2SE_PACKAGE_FULL_NAME full name used in the maintainer field of the package; if none is supplied then the default of "Debian Java Maintainers" is used. J2SE_PACKAGE_EMAIL email address used in the maintainer field of the package; if none is supplied the default of "pkg-java-maintain- ers@lists.alioth.debian.org" is used. SEE ALSO
update-java-alternatives(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Hubert Schmid <j2se-package@z42.de>. It is now maintained by the Debian Java Maintainers <pkg-java-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>. January 22, 2012 MAKE-JPKG(1)