Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Increasing size of a filesytem Post 302305539 by zaxxon on Thursday 9th of April 2009 07:38:06 AM
Old 04-09-2009
It is not exactly adding the amount of blocks/Kilobyte etc. you want. It is extending the FS (Filesystem) at least by the size of 1 full PP (physical partition).
You can see how big a PP is with "lsvg <vgname>" on the VG (Volume Group) where you FS resides. If I am correct, in your case PP size seems to be ~524288 blocks == 256 MB on that VG.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increasing a directory size

Hello all Can someone tell me I am running a script and the outputs directory is too small to contain the newly created file as a result of this script. How can I increase the directory size? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonest
9 Replies

2. AIX

Increasing the FileSystem Size

Hi Everybody, I have AIX 4.3 and I have a FileSystem with 400GB size, which called /db/run. Because of grow up of the application's data, more storage has been added 200GB. To add this space without affecting the application & the application's requirements, I have to add this 200GB to the existed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
9 Replies

3. AIX

Increasing File Size on AIX

Hi I am a bit green to AIX - but when our backup operator tries to do a restore from one AIX box to another, he get's the error: 'A file cannot be larger than the value set by ulimit' I am wondering what is the impact of increasing the AIX filesize limit of 2 gb to unlimited. And how would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rosie C
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Help on increasing fs size

Hi Experts, I am not sure whether my question should be in this thread or some other one. I am using HP Tru64 system. Currently one of my filesystem /others is almost full. I need to know the exact commands to increase this filesystem. Please show me how to check for free partitions and add... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingsto88
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Increasing size of Root Partition

Dear all, How can we increase the space for the root partition, ensuring that there is no loss of data in Solaris 9. How can the growfs command be utilized in this case. Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: asadlone
7 Replies

6. AIX

Increasing screen display size

Hi, How can i increase the size of my display on AIX 5.3.What i mean is e.g if i do and ps -ef i would get some like: /data/app/oracle/product/10.2 /usr/bin/ksh /usr/local/bin/s i want it to show the whole thing on the screen without cutting it,because there is still space on the screen... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sellafrica1
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

Increasing swap size

We increased our server's RAM 8 -> 32 GB RAM. swap memory is currently 10 GB. With which command I can increase this memory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akyuceisik
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increasing the Size of the Samba Partition

Hi, Is there any command to increase the size of the samba partition when the samba share is online?? Regards Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
1 Replies

9. Solaris

increasing interlace size

Hi All, I have got a RAID 5 SVM in my Solaris Box. Recently we had performance issues with it. So SUN has told us to increase the interlace size to 128k. how can we do it so that we have to recreate the RAID 5. ALso guide what are all the pre cautions that we need to take before doing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

10. Hardware

Increasing the filesystem size

Hi Guys We have a VM machine, now I want to increase the size of the filesystem. We are running RHEL6 O/S. I have filesystem that is 500GB I want to increase that filesystem to 1.5 TB. The guy who manages the VM increased the size on the VM machine, now how do I make sure that the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
7 Replies
FS_EXAMINE(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_EXAMINE(1)

NAME
fs_examine - Shows data about the volume containing a directory or file SYNOPSIS
fs examine [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help] fs exa [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] fs listvol [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] fs listv [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] fs lv [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs examine command displays information about the volume containing each specified directory or file, including its volume ID number, quota and the percentage of its quota that is used. This command provides the most information about a volume, but the fs listquota command displays similar information in tabular format, and the fs quota command reports only the percentage of quota used. To set volume quota, use the fs setquota or fs setvol command. CAUTIONS
The partition-related statistics in this command's output do not always agree with the corresponding values in the output of the standard UNIX df command. The statistics reported by this command can be up to five minutes old, because the Cache Manager polls the File Server for partition information at that frequency. Also, on some operating systems, the df command's report of partition size includes reserved space not included in this command's calculation, and so is likely to be about 10% larger. OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names a file or directory that resides in the volume about which to produce output. Partial pathnames are interpreted relative to the current working directory, which is also the default value if this argument is omitted. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output displays information about the volume that houses each specified directory or file, in the following format Volume status for vid = I<volume ID> named I<volume name> Current offline message is I<message> Current disk quota is I<quota in kilobytes> Current blocks used are I<volume size in kilobytes> The partition has I<available partition> blocks available out of I<partition size> where the first line specifies the volume's ID number and name. The "Current offline message" line appears only if an administrator has included the -offlinemsg argument to the fs setvol command. The remaining lines report, respectively, o The volume's quota in kilobytes, or the string "unlimited" to indicate an unlimited quota. o The volume's current size in kilobytes. o The number of blocks available and total size of the host partition, both in kilobytes. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the output for the volume "user.smith" and the partition housing it: % fs examine -path /afs/abc.com/usr/smith Volume status for vid = 50489902 named user.smith Current maximum quota is 15000 Current blocks used are 5073 The partition has 336662 blocks available out of 4177920 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "r" (read) permission on the ACL of the root directory of the volume that houses the file or directory named by the -path argument, and "l" (list) permission on the ACL of each directory that precedes it in the pathname. SEE ALSO
fs_listquota(1), fs_quota(1), fs_setquota(1), fs_setvol(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_EXAMINE(1)