Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Information about Unix System Administration Post 302305511 by Neo on Thursday 9th of April 2009 06:12:27 AM
Old 04-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpicracing
After I finish learning C should I go for C++? ..... Just wondering...what is systems integration?
hpicracing,

People here have answered questions on this topic enough. It is now time for you to go do your own work now. You have been advised what to do. You have agreed to do it. Now, it is time to stop posting questions about it and go do the work yourself. If you want to know what is "systems integration" you can go to Google and find out. As for learning C++ after C, I suggest you worry about that after you learn C, one-step-at-a-time.

Please post another thread when you have made progress on your own work.

(Closing thread)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Administration

I have been working with UNIX (HP-UX) now for a couple of years. Have become quite capable in shell scripting and general UNIX use. The local university offers a certification course in UNIX administration which I am considering taking. However, the certification is geared toward UNIX in general... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need information about System V & Berkley Syntax for Unix

Hi, Can somebody give me some information on System V & Berkley's Unix formats. Any link will be helpful. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

3. Solaris

System Administration Certification

I'm planning to take System Administration certification in SUN Solaris. Can some one suggest me if there are any links are URLs to find sample question papers. Pharos (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative Scripting Language for UNIX/Linux System Administration

I do not know UNIX shell scripting so as an alternative which language would you think is better for daily System Administration tasks. Perl or PHP? I know a little about both. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackopus
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration?

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Various System Administration Questions

Sorry I'm kind of desperate here :wall:, there's a security audit coming next week :( and I can't seem to find solutions for the questions below :confused:. 1) I need to limit usage on account during non-working hours. There's no /etc/security/time.conf file in my system should I create it? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShouTenraku
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning project ideas - shell, python, UNIX tools, system administration

Hi guys, I am currently working as a system administration engineer, administering telecom applications on linux/unix platforms. I want to learn new things and improve the ones that i have and for this i though to really work on some project or something but i lack of ideas. I want to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capitanui
2 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

How to start in System Administration?

Hi all, I wonder if you guys could give me some advice on this. I have messed around with Linux for the last few years, and I'm at the point where I would like to become a system administrator - as a career. I already have a bachelor's degree, but it is in the humanities (art history) so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScottLew
2 Replies
gvrng(1)																  gvrng(1)

NAME
gvrng - An interactive, introductory programming language. SYNTAX
gvrng [world file | program file] DESCRIPTION
Guido van Robot is a project developed by advanced high school students for use by their peers as a learning tool and precursor to the fur- ther study of programming with Python. It is a minimalistic programming language providing just enough syntax to help students learn the concepts of sequencing, conditional branching, looping and procedural abstraction. It's biggest strength is that it permits this learning in an environment that combines the thrill of problem-solving with instant visual feedback. In short, it is an interactive, introductory programming language that is excellent for learning the basic concepts of programming, applicable in any high-level language. Best of all, it's a whole lot of fun, too! At this point, you are probably asking yourself, "What is GvRng, specifically?" The gist of it is that it is a robot represented by a tri- angle on the screen that moves around in a world made up of streets and avenues, walls and "beepers", which Guido can collect or set. His actions are completely guided by a program written by the user. FILES
/usr/bin/gvrng /usr/lib/gvrng /usr/share/doc/gvrng AUTHORS
Stas Zytkiewicz - stasz@linux.isbeter.nl Waseem Daher - wdaher@mit.edu Steve Howell - showell@zipcon.net SEE ALSO
http://gvrng.sourceforge.net Stas Zytkiewicz 1.0 09/13/2004 gvrng(1)