Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting usage of sed question for experts Post 302305486 by vino on Thursday 9th of April 2009 04:22:12 AM
Old 04-09-2009
Try this to retrieve /dev/sda. It might look a little complicated.
Code:
echo $(nc localhost 7634) | sed -n -e "s+.*\(|/dev/sda|[^|]*|[^|]*|[^|]*|\).*+\1+p"

But I think awk would be a good tool to retrieve the columns you are looking for.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Experts Only! Hard Question Ahead!!!!

SunOS5.8 is a radical departure from SunOs4.X in many ways. one of the important differences is the handling of devices. Adding devices under SunOS4.x required a kernel reconfiguration, recompliation and reboot. Under SunOS5.X, this has changed with the ability to add some drivers on the fly.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Foo49272
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Coding question for any experts out there

Given this one long stream of data (all one line): <TransactionDetail><TransactionHeader><ErrorLogging>YES</ErrorLogging><HistoryLogging>YES</HistoryLogging><ErrorDetection>NO</ErrorD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfran1972
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help - from awk, sed experts

Hi , I have a file as below. Contents of the file are -------------------- aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbb ccccccccccc ddddddddddd aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbb (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srini75
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question regarding sed usage

I have a html file with the following content:- <font face=verdana color=#000000>108946</font> <font face=verdana color=#000000>234346</font> I want to format the values inside the font tag using thousand separator. I have the following command which can be used for adding thousand... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoda
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk question for experts

Hi guys I am trying to perform a substitution using 'awk' command, but it fails. I work in ksh. Here is my code: $ line="F 18:30 10 23:00 ts1632back" $ n="ts1632back" $ m="18:45" $ echo ${line} | nawk -v a=$n -v b=$m '{if ($5==a) $2=m; print }' F 10 23:00 ts1632back $It should've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ln usage question

Is it possible to assign a symbolic link to a network folder, without that folder being mounted? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nerdcurious
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Couple of easy questions for experts on awk/sed

Hello Experts.. I have 3-4 C codes with Oracle SQL statements embedded. All the SQL statements starts with EXEC SQL keyword and ends with ;. I want to extract all the SQL statements out of these codes. I did awk '/^EXEC SQL/,/\;/' inputFile (I use this on all of the codes individually). That... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed command usage question

How to work x in sed command? I know x command is swaps the contents of pattern space and hold space. But i am unable to understand it's working? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vartika18
4 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)