Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mysqldump slowing down the process? Post 302305396 by DILEEP410 on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 07:58:33 PM
Old 04-08-2009
ok, i will increase my query cache to 128mb as you said.The number of connections was 100 before and i modified it few days ago after i faced an issue with the connection limit. The figure the script is showing (74) is because i restarted my server yesterday early morning. What else i was supposed to do?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysqldump script without hardcode password

OS: Linux ambglx02 2.6.16.60-0.21-default #1 Tue May 6 12:41:02 UTC 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux Shell: bash Currently I have a mysqldump script to backup my mysql database, the command is as below: /opt/novell/mysql/bin/mysqldump --add-drop-table -u root -p -h mydb > /home/john/mydb.sql ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulkbiz
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for mysqldump command

I want to take a backup of a database and redirect the output of the whole process to a log file. I am using the below command: mysqldump -A --add-drop-table > mysql-daily-backup.sql &> /tmp/backup_log/mysql.log Is there anything wrong with the syntax? ---------- Post updated at 08:32 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with my crontab file, using mysqldump

My crontab file tells cron to run a certain shell script at 10:30 AM every day. The shell script backs up my database with mysqldump and then runs a sed script that does some editing of the backup file. I have programmed the shell script to write an error message to a file I have in my home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail process "Toomany" system slowing down

Hello Experts I have M4000 Solaris 10 server, from few many days there are too many sendmail and mail.local process starting on server and each time i need to kill mannualy using pkill send mail, some time there will 600 of them taking 30mb memory for each and hence slowing down the server,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mysqldump certain tables

Hi, I have to upload part of my database periodically when i make changes to product data etc. However I only want to upload certain tables. We suffer from bandwidth chock here, so i want to write a couple of separate scripts that upload parts of the database that changed. The database is large... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect slowing down / missing characters

Im writing an expect program to connect to cisco routers and run commands. my commands file has only two entries show version show running-config when I run the script, the first command is run without a problem. The second command isn't. The "s" is missing at the device command line,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysqldump rotate backup

I have a very simple script that uses a cron job to take a daily backup of our orders database. echo "Dumping ORDERS database"; mysqldump -u root --password='mypassword' -h '1.1.1.1' --opt --compress ORDERS $tbl_names > /Volumes/Files_Backup_1/db_backups/orders.sql echo "Copied database to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk slowing down -- why?

I have an awk script that extracts data from log files and generates a report. The script is incrementing elements in arrays, summing fields depending on contents of other fields, and then in END performing some operations on those arrays. It seemed to be taking longer than it should on my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with automatically Import from special mysqldump

Hi @ all I need a little bit help with a tricky problem ... Here´s the situation: We´ve 2 MySQL-Servers, one is productive, the other is Backup. At the productive Server there runs every 2 hours a cron Job which does a Dump from MySQL-DB with script 'automysqlbackup.sh' and copy it then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackcracker
7 Replies
LWP::ConnCache(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 LWP::ConnCache(3)

NAME
LWP::ConnCache - Connection cache manager NOTE
This module is experimental. Details of its interface is likely to change in the future. SYNOPSIS
use LWP::ConnCache; my $cache = LWP::ConnCache->new; $cache->deposit($type, $key, $sock); $sock = $cache->withdraw($type, $key); DESCRIPTION
The "LWP::ConnCache" class is the standard connection cache manager for LWP::UserAgent. The following basic methods are provided: $cache = LWP::ConnCache->new( %options ) This method constructs a new "LWP::ConnCache" object. The only option currently accepted is 'total_capacity'. If specified it inital- ize the total_capacity option. It defaults to the value 1. $cache->total_capacity( [$num_connections] ) Get/sets the number of connection that will be cached. Connections will start to be dropped when this limit is reached. If set to 0, then all connections are immediately dropped. If set to "undef", then there is no limit. $cache->capacity($type, [$num_connections] ) Get/set a limit for the number of connections of the specifed type that can be cached. The $type will typically be a short string like "http" or "ftp". $cache->drop( [$checker, [$reason]] ) Drop connections by some criteria. The $checker argument is a subroutine that is called for each connection. If the routine returns a TRUE value then the connection is dropped. The routine is called with ($conn, $type, $key, $deposit_time) as arguments. Shortcuts: If the $checker argument is absent (or "undef") all cached connections are dropped. If the $checker is a number then all connections untouched that the given number of seconds or more are dropped. If $checker is a string then all connections of the given type are dropped. The $reason argument is passed on to the dropped() method. $cache->prune Calling this method will drop all connections that are dead. This is tested by calling the ping() method on the connections. If the ping() method exists and returns a FALSE value, then the connection is dropped. $cache->get_types This returns all the 'type' fields used for the currently cached connections. $cache->get_connections( [$type] ) This returns all connection objects of the specified type. If no type is specified then all connections are returned. In scalar con- text the number of cached connections of the specified type is returned. The following methods are called by low-level protocol modules to try to save away connections and to get them back. $cache->deposit($type, $key, $conn) This method adds a new connection to the cache. As a result other already cached connections might be dropped. Multiple connections with the same $type/$key might added. $conn = $cache->withdraw($type, $key) This method tries to fetch back a connection that was previously deposited. If no cached connection with the specified $type/$key is found, then "undef" is returned. There is not guarantee that a deposited connection can be withdrawn, as the cache manger is free to drop connections at any time. The following methods are called internally. Subclasses might want to override them. $conn->enforce_limits([$type]) This method is called with after a new connection is added (deposited) in the cache or capacity limits are adjusted. The default implementation drops connections until the specified capacity limits are not exceeded. $conn->dropping($conn_record, $reason) This method is called when a connection is dropped. The record belonging to the dropped connection is passed as the first argument and a string describing the reason for the drop is passed as the second argument. The default implementation makes some noise if the $LWP::ConnCache::DEBUG variable is set and nothing more. SUBCLASSING
For specialized cache policy it makes sense to subclass "LWP::ConnCache" and perhaps override the deposit(), enforce_limits() and drop- ping() methods. The object itself is a hash. Keys prefixed with "cc_" are reserved for the base class. SEE ALSO
LWP::UserAgent COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 Gisle Aas. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. libwww-perl-5.65 2001-09-07 LWP::ConnCache(3)