Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu 8 SPARC edition problem jumbled text at install Post 302305368 by garethmob on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 05:33:24 PM
Old 04-08-2009
what happened was i needed to replace the hard drive inside the machine but i had other projects and university assignments and been advised to use ubuntu on my course (and being a apple mac user) thought i stick it onto the SPARC its a pretty good spec machine 512mb ram 500mhz ultrasparc IIe

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. Ubuntu

UBUNTU 8.1 Desktop Edition not running after installation

I am a new Ubuntu user, installing Ubuntu on Windows XP . The installation process is successful but after installing when I login , it just freezes with a blank screen for both XClient scripts and GNOME sessions. I have given 10 GB space to the installation. Also i noticed that the time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: singla
5 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

I want to find the anecdotes, ubuntu christian edition

There are such funny moments as: documents are saved by the grace through faith there are no daemons in xubuntu command chmod 666 is disabled (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)