Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete specific lines from a file Post 302305352 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 04:12:30 PM
Old 04-08-2009
Code:
nawk -F'=|,' 'FNR==NR {f1[$0];next} !($2 in f1)' users2del.txt all_users.ldif > all_users_temp.ldif ; mv all_users_temp.ldif all_users.ldif

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Delete specific lines in a text file

Hi, experts, I would like to create a function that can calculate the total number of lines in a saved text file and delete specific lines in that particular file (I only want the last few lines). Hav anybody have the experience and giv me a hand in this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dniz
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to delete specific lines at the same time

Dear All I have a pattern which look like this: 2 20080312_10:55:35.800 Spain-Telefonica ISC 9 IAM 927535957 34670505334 f 275 COT b 700 ACM b 6577 CPG b 10726 ANM b 202195 REL f 202307 RLC :COMMA: NCI=15,FCI=2101,CPC=0A,TMR=00,USI,OFI=00: :COMMB: BCI=0214,OBI=01,ACT: :RELCAUSE:10: This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines prior to a specific date in a log file.

Hi all. I have a database log file in which log data get appended to it daily. I want to do a automatic maintainence of this log by going through the log and deleting lines belonging to a certain date. How should i do it? Please help. Thanks. Example. To delete all lines prior to Jun... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all lines before a specific word?

Let's say we have a file containing: alllllsadfsdasdf qwdDDDaassss ccxxcxc#2222 dssSSSSddDDDD D1Sqn2NYOHgTI Hello Alex ssS@3 Ok, and let's say we want to delete all words from D1Sqn2NYOHgTI and back, this means to delete the words (and the lines of them) : alllllsadfsdasdf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all lines after a specific line ?

Hello. My file is like this: a b c d e f g h i I want to delete all lines after the 3rd line, means after the "c". Is there any way to do this? The lines differ between them and the lines I want to delete does not have a specific word, or the lines I want to keep (a,b,c) does not have a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A way to delete specific lines

Hi all, I hope an expert tells me that there is a way to get ride of the certain lines in my files which have no specific string on them but fixed length. It's the original pattern:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoldenFire
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete lines from a file which starts with a specific pattern

I need to delete those lines from a file, which starts with 45. How to do it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete specific lines (2n+3 line, n=0,1,2...296) in a file?

Dear everyone, I have a file with 900 lines (there is only numbers in one line, no string), I only need the lines 2+3n (n=0,1...296), i.e line 2, 5, 8, 11...888. I tried google but only the results such as how to delete all the odd lines or all the even lines with 'awk' command. Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamnu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete specific lines from files based on another file

I have some text files in a folder named ff as follows. I need to delete the lines (in-place editing)in these files based on another file aa.txt. 32bm.txt: 249 253 A P - 0 0 8 0, 0.0 6,-1.4 0, 0.0 2,-0.4 -0.287 25.6-102.0 -74.4 161.1 37.1 13.3 10.9 250... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aden
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines above and below specific line of text

I'm trying to remove a specific number of lines, above and below a specific line of text, highlighted in red: <STMTTRN> <TRNTYPE>CREDIT <DTPOSTED>20151205000001 <TRNAMT>10 <FITID>667800001 <CHECKNUM>667800001 <MEMO>BALANCE </STMTTRN> <STMTTRN> <TRNTYPE>DEBIT <DTPOSTED>20151207000001... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bomsom
8 Replies
SLAPD-LDIF(5)							File Formats Manual						     SLAPD-LDIF(5)

NAME
slapd-ldif - LDIF backend to slapd SYNOPSIS
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf DESCRIPTION
The LDIF backend to slapd(8) is a basic storage backend that stores entries in text files in LDIF format, and exploits the filesystem to create the tree structure of the database. It is intended as a cheap, low performance easy to use backend, and it is exploited by higher- level internal structures to provide a permanent storage. CONFIGURATION
These slapd.conf options apply to the LDIF backend database. That is, they must follow a "database ldif" line and come before any subse- quent "backend" or "database" lines. Other database options are described in the slapd.conf(5) manual page. directory <dir> Specify the directory where the database tree starts. The directory must exist and grant appropriate permissions (rwx) to the iden- tity slapd is running with. ACCESS CONTROL
The LDIF backend does not honor any of the access control semantics described in slapd.access(5). Only read (=r) access to the entry pseudo-attribute and to the other attribute values of the entries returned by the search operation is honored, which is performed by the frontend. FILES
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf default slapd configuration file SEE ALSO
slapd.conf(5), slapd-config(5), slapd(8), ldif(5). AUTHOR
Eric Stokes OpenLDAP 2.4.28 2011/11/24 SLAPD-LDIF(5)