Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete specific lines from a file Post 302305345 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 03:27:18 PM
Old 04-08-2009
assuming users to be deleted are in a file 'users2del.txt':
Code:
orcladmin
PUBLIC
portal
portal_admin
uddi_publisher
uddi_publisher1
ias_admin
uddi_replicator

Code:
nawk -F'=|,' 'FNR==NR {f1[$0];next} !($2 in f1)' users2del.txt all_users.ldif

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Delete specific lines in a text file

Hi, experts, I would like to create a function that can calculate the total number of lines in a saved text file and delete specific lines in that particular file (I only want the last few lines). Hav anybody have the experience and giv me a hand in this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dniz
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to delete specific lines at the same time

Dear All I have a pattern which look like this: 2 20080312_10:55:35.800 Spain-Telefonica ISC 9 IAM 927535957 34670505334 f 275 COT b 700 ACM b 6577 CPG b 10726 ANM b 202195 REL f 202307 RLC :COMMA: NCI=15,FCI=2101,CPC=0A,TMR=00,USI,OFI=00: :COMMB: BCI=0214,OBI=01,ACT: :RELCAUSE:10: This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines prior to a specific date in a log file.

Hi all. I have a database log file in which log data get appended to it daily. I want to do a automatic maintainence of this log by going through the log and deleting lines belonging to a certain date. How should i do it? Please help. Thanks. Example. To delete all lines prior to Jun... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all lines before a specific word?

Let's say we have a file containing: alllllsadfsdasdf qwdDDDaassss ccxxcxc#2222 dssSSSSddDDDD D1Sqn2NYOHgTI Hello Alex ssS@3 Ok, and let's say we want to delete all words from D1Sqn2NYOHgTI and back, this means to delete the words (and the lines of them) : alllllsadfsdasdf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all lines after a specific line ?

Hello. My file is like this: a b c d e f g h i I want to delete all lines after the 3rd line, means after the "c". Is there any way to do this? The lines differ between them and the lines I want to delete does not have a specific word, or the lines I want to keep (a,b,c) does not have a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A way to delete specific lines

Hi all, I hope an expert tells me that there is a way to get ride of the certain lines in my files which have no specific string on them but fixed length. It's the original pattern:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoldenFire
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete lines from a file which starts with a specific pattern

I need to delete those lines from a file, which starts with 45. How to do it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete specific lines (2n+3 line, n=0,1,2...296) in a file?

Dear everyone, I have a file with 900 lines (there is only numbers in one line, no string), I only need the lines 2+3n (n=0,1...296), i.e line 2, 5, 8, 11...888. I tried google but only the results such as how to delete all the odd lines or all the even lines with 'awk' command. Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamnu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete specific lines from files based on another file

I have some text files in a folder named ff as follows. I need to delete the lines (in-place editing)in these files based on another file aa.txt. 32bm.txt: 249 253 A P - 0 0 8 0, 0.0 6,-1.4 0, 0.0 2,-0.4 -0.287 25.6-102.0 -74.4 161.1 37.1 13.3 10.9 250... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aden
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines above and below specific line of text

I'm trying to remove a specific number of lines, above and below a specific line of text, highlighted in red: <STMTTRN> <TRNTYPE>CREDIT <DTPOSTED>20151205000001 <TRNAMT>10 <FITID>667800001 <CHECKNUM>667800001 <MEMO>BALANCE </STMTTRN> <STMTTRN> <TRNTYPE>DEBIT <DTPOSTED>20151207000001... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bomsom
8 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)