Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete specific lines from a file Post 302305340 by itzz.me on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 03:15:49 PM
Old 04-08-2009
Delete specific lines from a file

Hi,

I have a file ( all_users.ldif ) of the following format:

cn=orcladmin, cn=Users, dc=maximus,dc=com
cn=PUBLIC, cn=Users, dc=maximus,dc=com
cn=portal,cn=users,dc=maximus,dc=com
cn=portal_admin,cn=users,dc=maximus,dc=com
cn=uddi_publisher,cn=Users,dc=maximus,dc=com
cn=uddi_publisher1,cn=Users,dc=maximus,dc=com
cn=ias_admin,cn=Users,dc=maximus,dc=com
cn=uddi_replicator,cn=Users,dc=maximus,dc=com
cn=HA30759, cn=users,dc=maximus,dc=com
cn=AD23563, cn=users,dc=maximus,dc=com
cn=DM20223, cn=users,dc=maximus,dc=com
cn=SS25332, cn=users,dc=maximus,dc=com
cn=AJ24809, cn=users,dc=maximus,dc=com
cn=SG21380, cn=users,dc=maximus,dc=com
cn=PORTAL30, cn=users,dc=maximus,dc=com
cn=PORTAL30_SSO, cn=users,dc=maximus,dc=com

These are different users from OID. From this file I want to delete a few lines. The criteria is to delete lines for the following users:

orcladmin
PUBLIC
portal
portal_admin
uddi_publisher
uddi_publisher1
ias_admin
uddi_replicator

Any ideas on how I can achieve this please?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Delete specific lines in a text file

Hi, experts, I would like to create a function that can calculate the total number of lines in a saved text file and delete specific lines in that particular file (I only want the last few lines). Hav anybody have the experience and giv me a hand in this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dniz
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to delete specific lines at the same time

Dear All I have a pattern which look like this: 2 20080312_10:55:35.800 Spain-Telefonica ISC 9 IAM 927535957 34670505334 f 275 COT b 700 ACM b 6577 CPG b 10726 ANM b 202195 REL f 202307 RLC :COMMA: NCI=15,FCI=2101,CPC=0A,TMR=00,USI,OFI=00: :COMMB: BCI=0214,OBI=01,ACT: :RELCAUSE:10: This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines prior to a specific date in a log file.

Hi all. I have a database log file in which log data get appended to it daily. I want to do a automatic maintainence of this log by going through the log and deleting lines belonging to a certain date. How should i do it? Please help. Thanks. Example. To delete all lines prior to Jun... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all lines before a specific word?

Let's say we have a file containing: alllllsadfsdasdf qwdDDDaassss ccxxcxc#2222 dssSSSSddDDDD D1Sqn2NYOHgTI Hello Alex ssS@3 Ok, and let's say we want to delete all words from D1Sqn2NYOHgTI and back, this means to delete the words (and the lines of them) : alllllsadfsdasdf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all lines after a specific line ?

Hello. My file is like this: a b c d e f g h i I want to delete all lines after the 3rd line, means after the "c". Is there any way to do this? The lines differ between them and the lines I want to delete does not have a specific word, or the lines I want to keep (a,b,c) does not have a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A way to delete specific lines

Hi all, I hope an expert tells me that there is a way to get ride of the certain lines in my files which have no specific string on them but fixed length. It's the original pattern:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoldenFire
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete lines from a file which starts with a specific pattern

I need to delete those lines from a file, which starts with 45. How to do it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete specific lines (2n+3 line, n=0,1,2...296) in a file?

Dear everyone, I have a file with 900 lines (there is only numbers in one line, no string), I only need the lines 2+3n (n=0,1...296), i.e line 2, 5, 8, 11...888. I tried google but only the results such as how to delete all the odd lines or all the even lines with 'awk' command. Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamnu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete specific lines from files based on another file

I have some text files in a folder named ff as follows. I need to delete the lines (in-place editing)in these files based on another file aa.txt. 32bm.txt: 249 253 A P - 0 0 8 0, 0.0 6,-1.4 0, 0.0 2,-0.4 -0.287 25.6-102.0 -74.4 161.1 37.1 13.3 10.9 250... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aden
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines above and below specific line of text

I'm trying to remove a specific number of lines, above and below a specific line of text, highlighted in red: <STMTTRN> <TRNTYPE>CREDIT <DTPOSTED>20151205000001 <TRNAMT>10 <FITID>667800001 <CHECKNUM>667800001 <MEMO>BALANCE </STMTTRN> <STMTTRN> <TRNTYPE>DEBIT <DTPOSTED>20151207000001... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bomsom
8 Replies
lpusers(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       lpusers(1M)

NAME
lpusers - set printing queue priorities SYNOPSIS
lpusers -d priority-level lpusers -q priority-level -u login-ID-list lpusers -u login-ID-list lpusers -q priority-level lpusers -l DESCRIPTION
The lpusers command sets limits to the queue priority level that can be assigned to jobs submitted by users of the LP print service. The first form of the command (with -d) sets the system-wide priority default to priority-level, where priority-level is a value of 0 to 39, with 0 being the highest priority. If a user does not specify a priority level with a print request (see lp(1)), the default priority level is used. Initially, the default priority level is 20. The second form of the command (with -q and -u) sets the default highest priority-level (0-39) that the users in login-ID-list can request when submitting a print request. The login-ID-list argument may include any or all of the following constructs: login-ID A user on any system system_name!login-ID A user on the system system_name system_name!all All users on system system_name all!login-ID A user on all systems all All users on all systems Users that have been given a limit cannot submit a print request with a higher priority level than the one assigned, nor can they change a request that has already been submitted to have a higher priority. Any print requests submitted with priority levels higher than allowed will be given the highest priority allowed. The third form of the command (with -u) removes any explicit priority level for the specified users. The fourth form of the command (with -q) sets the default highest priority level for all users not explicitly covered by the use of the second form of this command. The last form of the command (with -l) lists the default priority level and the priority limits assigned to users. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d priority-level Set the system-wide priority default to priority-level. -l List the default priority level and the priority limits assigned to users. -q priority-level Set the default highest priority level for all users not explicitly covered. -q priority-level -u login-ID-list Set the default highest priority-level that the users in login-ID-list can request when submitting a print request. -u login-ID-list Remove any explicit priority level for the specified users. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 19 Aug 1996 lpusers(1M)