Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris troubleshooting cause of amber light Post 302305225 by badoshi on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 09:24:09 AM
Old 04-08-2009
nope, there's no errors in the messages or prtdiag -v. I checked out the lom manual, and alarms 1-3 are user definable.

Alarm2 is showing as alerting - would that cause the amber maintenance light? As far as I can tell, there is no way to check what causes alarms 1-3 to trigger.

i've run the 'check' command at the lom, which has reset the amber light. I'll see if it triggers once more.

many thanks.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Amber Lights + Remote Servers

Ok, so we get reports from operations after they do walk throughs about servers with amber or red lights showing. They want us to resolve the issues. On Solaris I can run prtdiag to identify the amber lights and clear them (replace hardware or "reboot" the daemon). How do I remotely figure out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BOFH
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Day light savings

Does anyone know how to reset a network printer to allow for the daylight savings?:) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tweedy
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

AMBER md/g95/gfortran issue

Hi, i am trying to install AMBER10 which is a molecular dynamcis package onto two linux red hat pcs. I can successfully install the tools that comes with which uses gcc to compile, however AMBER10 requires either g95 or gfortran to compile. This is where the issue lies, i have installed both... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: olifu02
0 Replies

4. AIX

Orange light has come on server

Hi all, we are using IBM e series server on which AIX 5.3 is runing , we got orange light on our server, so please can any one suggest me how to diabled this light. thanks alot in advance i followed these instruction befor but i couldn't able to diabled these light #diag then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
2 Replies

5. AIX

p520 -- amber light

it shows up after the upgrade to SF240_415, after 2 hrs. amber light shows up on the led of 9111-520, but alog shows: everything seems to work, not sure what's going on.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
6 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

A bit of light entertainment. ;oD

;oD I received this snippet on facebook the other day... Enjoy:- (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

A little light entertainment... ;oD

New O'Reilly books... URL: New O'Reilly books - Album on Imgur I'll bet many of you have come across a few of these... ;oD (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
POMMED(1)						      General Commands Manual							 POMMED(1)

NAME
pommed - Apple laptops hotkeys event handler SYNOPSIS
pommed [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pommed daemon. pommed is a daemon handling the hotkeys found on the Apple laptops, like the MacBook Pro, MacBook and PowerBook laptops. These hotkeys con- trol, through pommed, the LCD backlight level, the audio volume, the keyboard backlight level (only on the MacBook Pro and the latest PowerBook) and the CD/DVD drive ejection. Additionally, pommed monitors the ambient light sensors found on the MacBook Pro and the latest PowerBook to automatically light up the keyboard backlight when the ambient light level gets too low. pommed can optionally support the Apple Remote Control, too (this option is disabled by default and only available for the MacBook Pro and MacBook). OPTIONS
pommed accepts the following command-line options. -v Print version information. -f Run in the foreground, printing log messages to stdout. -d Run in the foreground, printing log messages to stdout and debug messages to stderr. FILES
/etc/pommed.conf The configuration file for pommed. See the comments in the file for the structure of the file and the available options. AUTHOR
pommed was written by Julien BLACHE <jb@jblache.org>. 2007-01-09 POMMED(1)