Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using cp command inside nawk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using cp command inside nawk Post 302305203 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 08:31:16 AM
Old 04-08-2009
I don't see if/how you're 'names[i]' for your 'cp', but......
Code:
cpcmd = "cp  /tmp/test.txt ./sample"
system(cpcmd)
close(cpcmd)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk command not found

Guys, i have an issue. I tried to ran a script and the whole thing was fine.. except when i came to a part, nawk ' BEGIN { machine=0 then system prompted that the nawk command was not to be found... I tried looking for the nawk command by using the "locate" command, and it returns... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if within nawk command

I am trying to nawk through a file and if the 24.25.26 charachters in the file are "000" then print a line to a new file in one format, otherwise print a line in a different format. So far I have the following: nawk '/^1/ { if(substr($0,24,3) != 000)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshelluser
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

case command inside awk/nawk

well I found lot of topics about awk..about if command in awk.. but I had to implement this: nawk -F"|" ' $47 ~ /0R0011/ { print > ("/home/user/M/MC.tmp" )} $47 ~ /0R0012/ { print > ("/home/user/M/DuSI.tmp" )} $47 ~ /0R0014/ { print > ("/home/user/M/FF.tmp" )} $47 ~ /0R0018/ { print >... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulaziz
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk command

what is this nawk doing? This is for solaris 10 with trusted extensions. Level=$(plabel | nawk 'BEGIN {FS='\*"} {PRINT $2}' ) it is supposed to return UNCLASSIFIED or whatever the zone label is. I understant $() execute this stuff, FS is field separator, print the 2nd field. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djehres
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk command in Linux

I have a nawk command I use in Solaris.... ps -e -o comm | nawk -F'ora_pmon_' 'NF>1 {print $2}' However it seems that this command will not work in Linux. Linux bluemarron 2.6.16.54-0.2.12-smp #1 SMP Fri Oct 24 02:16:38 UTC 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux How could I do the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to use NAWK command

Hi, I am using NAWK command to scan a file (test.txt) and to create new files based on the length of lines in the file test.txt. My requirement is I need to create test_good with records having line lenght less than 4 and to create test_bad with records having line lenght more than 4. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbhuvana20
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading input record from inside nawk

Hi friends, I have small query with reg to awk search pattern.. below is my sample file and code which i tried.. $ cat file.txt xxx,yyyyy,messageID,sha xxxx,errorcode,messageID,name in the above sample file - let assume I know the errorcode(2nd record) using which I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Command Error for nawk command

Hi All We are migrating our projects from unix environment to linux. I tried running a install script which sets up my project, i.e. the directory structure and all. But in the middle of the script i started receiveing following error : nawk: command not found . So i need to know which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute variable inside nawk

Hi, I need to set "prd" in the below command to a unix variable nawk '/^#/ {next} FNR==NR {prd;next} !($0 in prd)' So, this is what i did fname=prd // unix shell variable nawk -v fname=$fname '/^#/ {next} FNR==NR {fname;next} !($0 in fname)'But the value of fname i.e "prd" is not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to avoid arguments inside Nawk command?

Hi, Here is my command print $2 was meant to select the second column however, it is getting substituted with the second argument that was passed to the script. Can you please tell me how can I resolve this ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
pfsinhdrgen(1)						      General Commands Manual						    pfsinhdrgen(1)

NAME
pfsinhdrgen - Create a pfs stream with different exposures defined by hdrgen script. SYNOPSIS
pfsinhdrgen <sample.hdrgen> DESCRIPTION
This program reads files defined in given hdrgen script and outputs them in a PFS stream. Each frame has a tag BV with corresponding brightness value (APEX standard). Larger BV corresponds to less exposure (darker image), necessary to capture a bright scene. The generated PFS stream is to be used with photo-metric calibration software and with generators of HDR images. HDRGEN script file is a plain text file in which each line contains: <path_to_an_image> <inverse_of_exposure_time_in_seconds> <aper- ture_size> <iso_speed> 0 In most cases it is convenient to use the jpeg2hdrgen program to create such a file automatically. In case it could not parse the exif information from jpeg files, it is necessary to create this file by hand. Below are the sample contents of such file: <--- cut here: sample.hdrgen /var/tmp/images/img08.jpg 4 2.8 100 0 /var/tmp/images/img09.jpg 58.8235 2.8 100 0 /var/tmp/images/img10.jpg 76.9231 2.8 100 0 /var/tmp/images/img11.jpg 322.581 2.8 100 0 /var/tmp/images/img12.jpg 400 2.8 100 0 <--- cut here: sample.hdrgen EXAMPLES
pfsinhdrgen sample.hdrgen | pfsview View exposures defined in sample.hdrgen script. SEE ALSO
jpeg2hdrgen(1) pfshdrcalibrate(1) BUGS
Please report bugs and comments on implementation to Grzegorz Krawczyk <gkrawczyk@users.sourceforge.net>. pfsinhdrgen(1)