Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extraction of the output from a string. Post 302305162 by saicharantej on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 07:06:22 AM
Old 04-08-2009
Thanks a lot both of you..that cleared my problem...One more question...How to prevent the "root" directory details from appearing in the ouput of the df -k command? Basically I am trying to create a disk-monitoring script here...Your help is greatly appreciated...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String extraction from user input - sh

Hi, I have a shell script to build components of a product. The follow snippet will explain what I am doing. # !/bin/sh for choice in "$@" ; do case $choice in "o") echo "Calling $choice" ; o ;; "i") echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of string from Stringlist using delimiter

Hi Experts, I need to extract some set of strings one be one using delimiter. Example: shellscript.sh|unix.sh|script_file.sh i need to extract this shellscript.sh,unix.sh,script_file.sh separately. I tried but couldn't get. Please help me.. Thanks & Regards :), Kanda (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

String extraction from a text file

The following script code works great for extracting 'postmaster' from a line of text stored in a variable named string: string="PenaltyError:=554 5.7.1 Error, send your mail to postmaster@LOCALDOMAIN" stuff=$( echo $string | cut -d@ -f1 | awk '{ print $NF }' ) echo $stuff However, I need to be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleanden
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in string extraction using regular expressions

Hi, I am a new bee to this forum. I am trying to extract the text after a matching pattern from a url using regular expression. Ex: http://locatlhost:2020/proxy/checkthisout I want to extract the string after proxy/. I am not familiar with reg ex. Can someone please help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akatraga
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Extraction in Perl

I have a string stored in a variable. For instance, $str = " Opcode called is : CM_OP_xxx " where xxx changes dynamically and can be either LOGIN or SEARCH..... depends on runtime. For example : $str = " Opcode called is : CM_OP_SEARCH " $str = " Opcode called is : CM_OP_LOGIN " I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sub-string extraction on arrays

Hi, I'm trying to extract the middle of an array that is of variable length but always has a first and last common element, The following works OK... #!/bin/bash ARRAY='switch' ARRAY='option1' ARRAY='option2' ARRAY='option3' ARRAY='value' SWITCH=${ARRAY:0:1} VALUE=${ARRAY:(-1)}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ASGR
1 Replies

7. Solaris

extraction of sar output

Hi, Anyone knows how to extract sar command output to excel or Is there any free grapical tools to extract this sar log file. thanks, regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijill
2 Replies

8. Solaris

string extraction won't work. Why?

#!/usr/bin/ksh set -x testfile=my.test.file.flag echo ${testfile: (-4)} #/home/maldohe/scripts/spawn1& sleep 3 echo myspawn is now ending exit Background: I am trying to extract the word flag from anf given file name. This is a demo script that I am working on to fix a production issue.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

String extraction from log file

Hi, Log file will contain text like below: May 7 14:12:09 nap_fujitsu-nexus_pbb-denek-01-r_DE.de.ignite.net 108767: 115673: May 7 14:12:08: %RTT-3-IPSLATHRESHOLD: IP SLA Monitor(112): Threshold below for rtt May 8 14:12:09 nap_fujitsu-nexus_pbb-denek-01-r_DE.de.ignite.net 108767: 115673:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Extraction

I am trying to extract a time from the below string in perl but not able to get the time properly I just want to extract the time from the above line I am using the below syntax x=~ /(.*) (\d+)\:(\d+)\:(\d+),(.*)\.com/ $time = $2 . ':' . $3 . ':' . $4; print $time Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karan8810
1 Replies
pkgask(1M)																pkgask(1M)

NAME
pkgask - stores answers to a request script SYNOPSIS
pkgask [-d device] [-R root_path] -r response pkginst... pkgask allows the administrator to store answers to an interactive package (one with a request script, that is, a user-created file that must be named request). Invoking this command generates a response file that is then used as input at installation time. The use of this response file prevents any interaction from occurring during installation since the file already contains all of the information the pack- age needs. The following options are supported -d device Run the request script for a package on device. device can be a directory pathname or the identifiers for tape, floppy disk or removable disk (for example, /var/tmp, /dev/diskette, and /dev/dsk/c1d0s0). The default device is the installation spool directory. -R root_path Define the full path name of a directory to use as the root_path. All files, including package system information files, are relocated to a directory tree starting in the specified root_path. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -R option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). -r response Identify a file or directory which should be created to contain the responses to interaction with the package. The name must be a full pathname. The file, or directory of files, can later be used as input to the pkgadd(1M) command. The following operands are supported: pkginst Specify the package instance, or list of instances for which request scripts will be created. The token all may be used to refer to all packages available on the source medium. 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), pkgmk(1), pkgparam(1), pkgproto(1), pkgtrans(1), installf(1M), pkgadd(1M), pkgchk(1M), pkgrm(1M), removef(1M), admin(4),attributes(5) The -r option can be used to indicate a directory name as well as a filename. The directory name is used to create numerous response files, each sharing the name of the package with which it should be associated. This would be used, for example, when you will be adding multiple interactive packages with one invocation of pkgadd(1M). Each package would need a response file. To create multiple response files with the same name as the package instance, name the directory in which the files should be created and supply multiple instance names with the pkgask command. When installing the packages, you will be able to identify this directory to the pkgadd(1M) command. If the default admin file is too restrictive, the administration file may need to be modified to allow for total non-interaction during a package installation. Seeadmin(4) for details. 6 Apr 2005 pkgask(1M)