Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris troubleshooting cause of amber light Post 302305160 by badoshi on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 06:53:55 AM
Old 04-08-2009
troubleshooting cause of amber light

hi all,

we've got an amber maintenance light on the front of our Netra-t4. I can't find out what's causing this issue. I've logged into the lom, and found the following. There's nothing in messages or prtdiag. Disks appear to be ok. Are there any other lom commands that can help?

Code:
lom>environment
LEDs:
1 Power            ON
2 Fault            ON
3 Supply A         OFF
4 Supply B         OFF
5 PSU ok           ON
6 PSU fail         OFF

Alarms:
1 -                OFF
2 -                OFF
3 -                ON

PSUs:
1 AC               OK

Fans:
1 PSU1             OK speed 75%
2 PSU2             OK speed 74%
3 CPU              OK speed 73%

Temperature sensors:
1 Ambient          OK 21degC 
2 CPU0 enclosure   OK 23degC 
3 CPU0 die         OK 52degC 
4 CPU1 enclosure   OK 23degC 
5 CPU1 die         OK 50degC 

Overheat sensors:
1 PSU              OK

Circuit breakers:
1 SCC              OK
2 PSU              OK

I'm assuming that it's alarm 3 causing the issue. Any idea what this indicates?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Amber Lights + Remote Servers

Ok, so we get reports from operations after they do walk throughs about servers with amber or red lights showing. They want us to resolve the issues. On Solaris I can run prtdiag to identify the amber lights and clear them (replace hardware or "reboot" the daemon). How do I remotely figure out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BOFH
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Day light savings

Does anyone know how to reset a network printer to allow for the daylight savings?:) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tweedy
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

AMBER md/g95/gfortran issue

Hi, i am trying to install AMBER10 which is a molecular dynamcis package onto two linux red hat pcs. I can successfully install the tools that comes with which uses gcc to compile, however AMBER10 requires either g95 or gfortran to compile. This is where the issue lies, i have installed both... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: olifu02
0 Replies

4. AIX

Orange light has come on server

Hi all, we are using IBM e series server on which AIX 5.3 is runing , we got orange light on our server, so please can any one suggest me how to diabled this light. thanks alot in advance i followed these instruction befor but i couldn't able to diabled these light #diag then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
2 Replies

5. AIX

p520 -- amber light

it shows up after the upgrade to SF240_415, after 2 hrs. amber light shows up on the led of 9111-520, but alog shows: everything seems to work, not sure what's going on.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
6 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

A bit of light entertainment. ;oD

;oD I received this snippet on facebook the other day... Enjoy:- (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

A little light entertainment... ;oD

New O'Reilly books... URL: New O'Reilly books - Album on Imgur I'll bet many of you have come across a few of these... ;oD (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
ditz(1) 																   ditz(1)

NAME
ditz - simple, light-weight distributed issue tracker SYNOPSIS
ditz [ options ] command [ arguments ] To list all available commands, use ditz help. To get help for a specific command, use ditz help command. DESCRIPTION
Ditz is a simple, light-weight distributed issue tracker designed to work with distributed version control systems like darcs and git. Ditz maintains an issue database directory on disk, with files written in a line-based and human- editable format. This directory is kept under version control alongside project code. Changes in issue state is handled by version control like code change: included as part of a com- mit, merged with changes from other developers, conflict-resolved in the standard manner, etc. Ditz provides a simple, console-based interface for creating and updating the issue database files, and some rudimentary HTML generation capabilities for producing world-readable status pages. It offers no central public method of bug submission. AUTHOR
ditz was written by William Morgan <wmorgan-ditz@masanjin.net>. This manpage was written for the Debian package of ditz by Christian Garbs <debian@cgarbs.de>. LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2008 William Morgan. This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. 0.5 ditz(1)