Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mysqldump slowing down the process? Post 302305105 by Neo on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 02:52:36 AM
Old 04-08-2009
First, please post the output of these mysql utilities (please use code tags when you post the output):

https://www.unix.com/web-programming-...primer-sh.html

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysqldump script without hardcode password

OS: Linux ambglx02 2.6.16.60-0.21-default #1 Tue May 6 12:41:02 UTC 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux Shell: bash Currently I have a mysqldump script to backup my mysql database, the command is as below: /opt/novell/mysql/bin/mysqldump --add-drop-table -u root -p -h mydb > /home/john/mydb.sql ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulkbiz
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for mysqldump command

I want to take a backup of a database and redirect the output of the whole process to a log file. I am using the below command: mysqldump -A --add-drop-table > mysql-daily-backup.sql &> /tmp/backup_log/mysql.log Is there anything wrong with the syntax? ---------- Post updated at 08:32 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with my crontab file, using mysqldump

My crontab file tells cron to run a certain shell script at 10:30 AM every day. The shell script backs up my database with mysqldump and then runs a sed script that does some editing of the backup file. I have programmed the shell script to write an error message to a file I have in my home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail process "Toomany" system slowing down

Hello Experts I have M4000 Solaris 10 server, from few many days there are too many sendmail and mail.local process starting on server and each time i need to kill mannualy using pkill send mail, some time there will 600 of them taking 30mb memory for each and hence slowing down the server,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mysqldump certain tables

Hi, I have to upload part of my database periodically when i make changes to product data etc. However I only want to upload certain tables. We suffer from bandwidth chock here, so i want to write a couple of separate scripts that upload parts of the database that changed. The database is large... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect slowing down / missing characters

Im writing an expect program to connect to cisco routers and run commands. my commands file has only two entries show version show running-config when I run the script, the first command is run without a problem. The second command isn't. The "s" is missing at the device command line,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysqldump rotate backup

I have a very simple script that uses a cron job to take a daily backup of our orders database. echo "Dumping ORDERS database"; mysqldump -u root --password='mypassword' -h '1.1.1.1' --opt --compress ORDERS $tbl_names > /Volumes/Files_Backup_1/db_backups/orders.sql echo "Copied database to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk slowing down -- why?

I have an awk script that extracts data from log files and generates a report. The script is incrementing elements in arrays, summing fields depending on contents of other fields, and then in END performing some operations on those arrays. It seemed to be taking longer than it should on my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with automatically Import from special mysqldump

Hi @ all I need a little bit help with a tricky problem ... Here´s the situation: We´ve 2 MySQL-Servers, one is productive, the other is Backup. At the productive Server there runs every 2 hours a cron Job which does a Dump from MySQL-DB with script 'automysqlbackup.sh' and copy it then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackcracker
7 Replies
MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_IS_SELECT(3)						 1					     MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_IS_SELECT(3)

mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select - Find whether to send the query to the master, the slave or the last used MySQL server

SYNOPSIS
int mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select (string $query) DESCRIPTION
Finds whether to send the query to the master, the slave or the last used MySQL server. The plugins built-in read/write split mechanism will be used to analyze the query string to make a recommendation where to send the query. The built-in read/write split mechanism is very basic and simple. The plugin will recommend sending all queries to the MySQL replication master server but those which begin with SELECT, or begin with a SQL hint which enforces sending the query to a slave server. Due to the basic but fast algorithm the plugin may propose to run some read-only statements such as SHOW TABLES on the replication master. PARAMETERS
o $query - Query string to test. RETURN VALUES
A return value of MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_MASTER indicates that the query should be send to the MySQL replication master server. The function returns a value of MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_SLAVE if the query can be run on a slave because it is considered read-only. A value of MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_LAST_USED is returned to recommend running the query on the last used server. This can either be a MySQL replication master server or a MySQL replication slave server. If read write splitting has been disabled by setting mysqlnd_ms.disable_rw_split, the function will always return MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_MASTER or MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_LAST_USED. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select(3) example <?php function is_select($query) { switch (mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select($query)) { case MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_MASTER: printf("'%s' should be run on the master. ", $query); break; case MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_SLAVE: printf("'%s' should be run on a slave. ", $query); break; case MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_LAST_USED: printf("'%s' should be run on the server that has run the previous query ", $query); break; default: printf("No suggestion where to run the '%s', fallback to master recommended ", $query); break; } } is_select("INSERT INTO test(id) VALUES (1)"); is_select("SELECT 1 FROM DUAL"); is_select("/*" . MYSQLND_MS_LAST_USED_SWITCH . "*/SELECT 2 FROM DUAL"); ?> The above example will output: INSERT INTO test(id) VALUES (1) should be run on the master. SELECT 1 FROM DUAL should be run on a slave. /*ms=last_used*/SELECT 2 FROM DUAL should be run on the server that has run the previous query SEE ALSO
Predefined Constants, user filter .Runtime configuration, mysqlnd_ms.disable_rw_split, mysqlnd_ms.enable. PHP Documentation Group MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_IS_SELECT(3)