Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Mac OS X emulator for Windows XP? Post 302305101 by silkiechicken on Wednesday 8th of April 2009 02:16:40 AM
Old 04-08-2009
Question Mac OS X emulator for Windows XP?

Not quite sure if this is the right section, but you guys know lots of good stuff. Is there a good OS X emulator that I can put on my Windows XP system?

I have PC's and at work/lab they run everything on mac's. Due to program compatibility issues, it would be nice if I could run mac software on my PC so I can do work outside of work.

Google brings me a plethora of "free" and "paid" options but I don't know what to believe... Smilie I'm rather computer illiterate and just know I like my pcs largely because I am more familiar with them.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

-Diana

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix emulator for windows 98

as part of my course i have to do a lot of programming using the universities unix server. i am able to access this from home using telnet but i cannot use axe or anything to edit my files. I was wondering if anyone knew of any software that could enable me yo do this as i like working at 2am when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HALLY
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Terminal and/or X-Windows in Mac OS X

Quick question: When I load up Terminal or X-Windows on my Mac, and the prompt comes up...what folder am I starting in? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liquidcross
2 Replies

3. Slackware

Windows Emulator?

I have heard of something called a windows emulator that allows you to run windows programs in linux, does this realy work? can I run any windows program (like a computer game)? and where can I get it :p (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone recommend a freeware X-windows emulator?

Are there any freeware or shareware X-windows emulators out there? I only have the need for an emulator on rare occasions and would like to avoid having to purchase something like Exceed or x32. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhack
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Windows emulator on Solaris machine

Hello together, in our German company we have buyed one English Windows XP version. Every one of us should have access to this windows installation. So we have reconsidered that we want to install this Windows on our SUN SPARC Solaris machine. It is only used for checking out licenses of our own... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SPORTS
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

install windows on mac

Hello all, i want to install windows on mac and when i search i found that there is a program called Parallels Desktop to install windows on mac but i want it on the laptop not on the program does it work? or there is another anyway to install it on mac..?? Thanks in advanced (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reham$
8 Replies
YEAHCONSOLE(1)							  [FIXME: manual]						    YEAHCONSOLE(1)

NAME
yeahconsole - drop-down X terminal emulator wrapper SYNOPSIS
yeahconsole [-h] [-e command] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the yeahconsole command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. yeahconsole is a wrapper for X terminal emulators that provide a drop-down terminal embedding other terminal emulators OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. Any other argument is passed to the X terminal emulator. -h Show summary of options and supported xresources. -e command command will be run in the X terminal emulator used. If specified this must be the last option since everything after the -e will be interpreted as the command. RESOURCES
The resources from the embedded X terminal emulator will be used and are documented in the corresponding manpage for your X terminal emulator. The specific resources for yeahconsole follow: restart 0 or 1, 1 should restart the terminal. Default is 0. term terminal to use, valid values: urxvt, urxvtc, xterm. Default is xterm. screenWidth width of the terminal. Default is the display width. consoleHeight number of lines of the console. Default is 10. xOffset x position. Default is set to 0. aniDelay delay for the slide animation. Default is 40. stepSize step size in pixels for the animation 0 will disable the animation. Default is set 1. handleWidth width for the resize handle. Default is 3. handleColor color for the resize handle. Default is grey70. toggleKey key combo that toggles yeahconsole. Default is ControlAlt+y. keyBigger increase height of yeahconsole. Default is Control+KP_Add. keySmaller decrease height of yeahconsole. Default is Control+KP_Subtract. keyFull toggle fullscreen mode. Default is Alt+F11. SEE ALSO
xterm (1), rxvt (1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Damian Viano debian@damianv.com.ar for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 Damian Viano [FIXME: source] April 15, 2006 YEAHCONSOLE(1)