Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Inetd problem
Operating Systems Solaris Inetd problem Post 302305044 by laurentv on Tuesday 7th of April 2009 09:56:15 PM
Old 04-07-2009
what does ls -l /etc/init.d/inetd do ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inetd and security

Ok, So I've been lazy over the past 3 years with the SCO server I maintain, as it just primarily hosts my private networked proprietary software, until now. We have dedicated net access, in which the SCO server is not setup for and not going to be setup to connect to the internet by any direct... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftn96
8 Replies

2. SCO

inetd problem in Unix Sco

Hi, I cannot remote login into my unix sco server, only at the box itself, when I write root to login then enter, it immediately logs in without asking me the password :confused: , at the prompt it gives me this error : inetd:system defaults databse couldn't be allocated due to : cannot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAM
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

refreshing inetd

Hi I have a question, what is the purpose of this command and what will it do "refresh -s inetd" Thanks in Advance Swaraj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kswaraj
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

inetd process

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi All , I have a client an server among which i want to make the server an inetd process. I have enries in etc/services and etc/inetd.conf The enries looks like below etc/services servername 5551/tcp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: binums
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

VNC using inetd on HPUX

To anyone who can help. I am trying to get VNC running using the inetd capability and I am having problems. I have VNC running fine when I manually log into the server through FTP or SSH and start it and then start the viewer on my PC. I have tried a few things I have found on different... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: punkdeviant
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

inetd.conf in linux

I need to put the following line in inetd.conf: stats stream tcp nowait nobody /usr/local/bin/mrtgsysinfo mrtgsysinfo but my version of linux don't seem to allow that, ie there is no inetd.conf. How do i set that up in linux (red hat enterprise 3). (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
15 Replies

7. IP Networking

Error inetd

Hi , I need help, today I restarted the server, when the machine was up, it had been to writte in the file osmlog that : "inetd: talk/udp: bind: Address already in use" This message appears in ten minutes every time. Why ? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: By_Jam
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot edit inetd.conf???

I'm trying to edit the inetd.conf but for some reason when I vi into it, it says "Read Only" even though I am root and the perms are 777?!? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

too many inetd running

hi, is it ok for more than one inetd daemon running at a time? if not okay, possible to kill the rest and make only one daemon running? i understand that inetd is a process that enables tcp connections from external sources...kindly advise more on inetd...thanks alot..Happy New Year!:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Inetd not running on zone

inet not running on the zone , below is the error we see on svc log Importing 100235_1-rpc_ticotsord.xml ...Done inetconv: Error reading from repository inetconv: Notice: Service manifest for 100235/1 already generated as /var/svc/manifest/network/rpc/100235_1-rpc_ticotsord.xml, skipped... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
0 Replies
micro_proxy(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    micro_proxy(8)

NAME
micro_proxy - really small HTTP/HTTPS proxy SYNOPSIS
micro_proxy DESCRIPTION
micro_proxy is a very small HTTP/HTTPS proxy. It runs from inetd, which means its performance is poor. But for low-traffic sites, it's quite adequate. It implements all the basic features of an HTTP/HTTPS proxy, in only 260 lines of code. To install it, add a line like this to /etc/inetd.conf: webproxy stream tcp nowait nobody /usr/sbin/micro_proxy micro_proxy Make sure the path to the executable is correct. Then add a line like this to /etc/services: webproxy port/tcp Change "port" to the port number you want to use - 3128, or whatever. Then restart inetd by sending it a "HUP" signal, or rebooting. On some systems, inetd has a maximum spawn rate - if you try to run inetd services faster than a certain number of times per minute, it assumed there's either a bug of an attack going on and it shuts down for a few minutes. If you run into this problem - look for syslog messages about too-rapid looping - you'll need to find out how to increase the limit. Unfortunately this varies from OS to OS. On Free- BSD, you add a "-R 10000" flag to inetd's initial command line. On some Linux systems, you can set the limit on a per-service basis in inetd.conf, by changing "nowait" to "nowait.10000". AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1999 by Jef Poskanzer <jef@mail.acme.com>. All rights reserved. 16 March 1999 micro_proxy(8)