Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: parsing a hex file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing a hex file Post 302304885 by philplasma on Tuesday 7th of April 2009 01:27:24 PM
Old 04-07-2009
Perl please?

The compiler in MKS Toolkit is not working, I don't think it is a problem with the code, here is the error message I am getting:
Code:
$ cc my_reader.c -o my_reader
Warning: Include' variable is undefined.
Compiler "cl" not found.

Since you offered a perl version, would you mind providing that version?

Thanks!!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Hex characters of ascii file

Hi, Whats the command or how do you display the hexadecimal characters of an ascii file. thanks Bud (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hex value in a file + perl

Am not able to display the corresponding character for the hex value using the format specifier into a file Could you please help me with that >cat other a|\xc2\xbo >cat write.pl #! /opt/third-party/bin/perl open(FILE2, "< other") || die "Unable to open file other\n"; while (... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

4. Programming

After converting the hexstr to Hex and storing the Hex in a char*

Hi All, My main intension of is to convert the Hexstring stored in a char* into hex and then prefixing it with "0x" and suffix it with ',' This has to be done for all the hexstring char* is NULL. Store the result prefixed with "0x" and suffixed with ',' in another char* and pass it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

5. Programming

What is the difference between ios::hex and std::hex?

Hi, Is there really a difference between these two, std::hex and ios::hex?? I stumbled upon reading a line, "std::ios::hex is a bitmask (8 on gcc) and works with setf(). std::hex is the operator". Is this true? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Parse Hex file into fields

Hi, I want to split/parse certain bits of the hex data into another field. Example: Input data is Word1: 4f72abfd Output: Parse bits (5 to 0) into field word1data1=0x00cd=205 decimal Parse bits (7 to 6) into field word1data2=0x000c=12 decimal etc. Word2: efff3d02 Parse bits (13 to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morrbie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Hex Value from CSV File

I have a one CSV File Contain Hex Value here is a sample file 6300, 0x0, 0x60d0242c6, , 0x728e5806, unnamedImageEntryPoint_0x728e5806, 0x728e$ 6300, 0x0, 0x60d024c52, , 0x728e8cb7, unnamedImageEntryPoint_0x728e8cb7, 0x728e$ 6300, 0x0, 0x60d025638, , 0x728e82da,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_arxmind
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Replacing Hex Characters In A File Using awk?

Hi guys, First off, i'm a complete noob to UNIX and LINUX so apologies if I don't understand the basics! I have a file which contains a hex value of '0D' at the end of each line when I look at it in a hex viewer. I need to change it so it contains a hex value of '0D0A0A' I thought... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyBSG
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Binary File To Hex In Linux

dHi, I have the attached file(actual file can be extracted post unzipping it) & i am trying to use the following code for coversion to hex format. Starting hex value is 84 which is start of the record & termination is done using 00 00 followed by 84(hex) which i can see in the dump clearly using... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete a certain HEX and its following value in a file

Hello there, I've been trying to do this half of the day and it's like I haven't come a single step further, so I hope you guys can help me with my problem: I have a text file that contains strings that should not be there and which I want to delete automatically from the command line. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: surfi
4 Replies
Module::Install::Compiler(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Module::Install::Compiler(3pm)

NAME
Module::Install::Compiler - Commands for interacting with the C compiler SYNOPSIS
To be completed DESCRIPTION
Many Perl modules that contains C and XS code have fiendishly complex Makefile.PL files, because ExtUtils::MakeMaker doesn't itself provide a huge amount of assistance and automation in this area. Module::Install::Compiler provides a number of commands that take care of common utility tasks, and try to take some of intricacy out of creating C and XS modules. COMMANDS
To be completed TO DO
The current implementation is relatively fragile and minimalistic. It only handles some very basic wrapper around ExtUtils::MakeMaker. It is currently undergoing extensive refactoring to provide a more generic compiler flag generation capability. This may take some time, and if anyone who maintains a Perl module that makes use of the compiler would like to help out, your assistance would be greatly appreciated. SEE ALSO
Module::Install, ExtUtils::MakeMaker AUTHORS
Refactored by Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> Mostly by Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org> Based on original works by Brian Ingerson <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006 by Adam Kennedy, Audrey Tang, Brian Ingerson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.14.2 2012-03-01 Module::Install::Compiler(3pm)