Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: parsing a hex file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing a hex file Post 302304869 by quirkasaurus on Tuesday 7th of April 2009 01:00:22 PM
Old 04-07-2009
hmmm....

i did a little more testing and it only worked on files ending in exactly 16 byte segments.

i suppose we need to modify the counting mechanism.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Hex characters of ascii file

Hi, Whats the command or how do you display the hexadecimal characters of an ascii file. thanks Bud (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hex value in a file + perl

Am not able to display the corresponding character for the hex value using the format specifier into a file Could you please help me with that >cat other a|\xc2\xbo >cat write.pl #! /opt/third-party/bin/perl open(FILE2, "< other") || die "Unable to open file other\n"; while (... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

4. Programming

After converting the hexstr to Hex and storing the Hex in a char*

Hi All, My main intension of is to convert the Hexstring stored in a char* into hex and then prefixing it with "0x" and suffix it with ',' This has to be done for all the hexstring char* is NULL. Store the result prefixed with "0x" and suffixed with ',' in another char* and pass it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

5. Programming

What is the difference between ios::hex and std::hex?

Hi, Is there really a difference between these two, std::hex and ios::hex?? I stumbled upon reading a line, "std::ios::hex is a bitmask (8 on gcc) and works with setf(). std::hex is the operator". Is this true? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Parse Hex file into fields

Hi, I want to split/parse certain bits of the hex data into another field. Example: Input data is Word1: 4f72abfd Output: Parse bits (5 to 0) into field word1data1=0x00cd=205 decimal Parse bits (7 to 6) into field word1data2=0x000c=12 decimal etc. Word2: efff3d02 Parse bits (13 to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morrbie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Hex Value from CSV File

I have a one CSV File Contain Hex Value here is a sample file 6300, 0x0, 0x60d0242c6, , 0x728e5806, unnamedImageEntryPoint_0x728e5806, 0x728e$ 6300, 0x0, 0x60d024c52, , 0x728e8cb7, unnamedImageEntryPoint_0x728e8cb7, 0x728e$ 6300, 0x0, 0x60d025638, , 0x728e82da,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_arxmind
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Replacing Hex Characters In A File Using awk?

Hi guys, First off, i'm a complete noob to UNIX and LINUX so apologies if I don't understand the basics! I have a file which contains a hex value of '0D' at the end of each line when I look at it in a hex viewer. I need to change it so it contains a hex value of '0D0A0A' I thought... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyBSG
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Binary File To Hex In Linux

dHi, I have the attached file(actual file can be extracted post unzipping it) & i am trying to use the following code for coversion to hex format. Starting hex value is 84 which is start of the record & termination is done using 00 00 followed by 84(hex) which i can see in the dump clearly using... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete a certain HEX and its following value in a file

Hello there, I've been trying to do this half of the day and it's like I haven't come a single step further, so I hope you guys can help me with my problem: I have a text file that contains strings that should not be there and which I want to delete automatically from the command line. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: surfi
4 Replies
bdiff(1)							   User Commands							  bdiff(1)

NAME
bdiff - big diff SYNOPSIS
bdiff filename1 filename2 [n] [-s] DESCRIPTION
bdiff is used in a manner analogous to diff to find which lines in filename1 and filename2 must be changed to bring the files into agree- ment. Its purpose is to allow processing of files too large for diff. If filename1 (filename2) is -, the standard input is read. bdiff ignores lines common to the beginning of both files, splits the remainder of each file into n-line segments, and invokes diff on cor- responding segments. If both optional arguments are specified, they must appear in the order indicated above. The output of bdiff is exactly that of diff, with line numbers adjusted to account for the segmenting of the files (that is, to make it look as if the files had been processed whole). Note: Because of the segmenting of the files, bdiff does not necessarily find a smallest sufficient set of file differences. OPTIONS
n The number of line segments. The value of n is 3500 by default. If the optional third argument is given and it is numeric, it is used as the value for n. This is useful in those cases in which 3500-line segments are too large for diff, causing it to fail. -s Specifies that no diagnostics are to be printed by bdiff (silent option). Note: However, this does not suppress possible diagnos- tic messages from diff, which bdiff calls. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of bdiff when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). FILES
/tmp/bd????? ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
diff(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Use help for explanations. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 bdiff(1)