Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can I set save daylight time Post 302304822 by deox on Tuesday 7th of April 2009 10:53:42 AM
Old 04-07-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
Here is a pointer to an IBM article on the subject: Managing the Time Zone Variable
thank you for help....
Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Daylight Savings Time Fix

Hello, I've been looking at coming up with a time change on my Sun workstations since daylight savings time comes early this year. Someone at work told me that a sun patch is available if you have a maintenance contract. It was recommended to just set your systems to GMT time zone. How is this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stocksj
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Daylight Savings Time Quirk

I am running a SUN E450 on solaris (5.7). I have applied the DST patch and the system time is correct. However when users login the get the time wrong (+4 hours) (I am in EDT Zone). Does anyone know where a system wide variable for this could be set. (Root user gets the right time) Frank (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
3 Replies

3. AIX

Daylight savings time

Our aix unix box did not recognize daylight savings time since it was moved up. Could someone please give me the syntax to change the hour? I looked in man and couldn't find anything, or I missed it. I'm in 3rd grade so if you can, please provide specific instructions. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbagwell
2 Replies

4. AIX

Daylight savings time

Hello everyone The last sunday I have to check that my servers has change Daylight savings time but only two servers do it and all the rest doesnt. In smitty where I need to change, for my server take automatic the daylight savings time. Thanks for your tips The next its a message for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to set the Daylight Saving Time (DST) OFF

I have a problem with the time so I need to set the DST to be OFF. is anybody can show me how to set the DST to be OFF? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Billy_yuli
11 Replies

6. Linux

How to configure daylight saving time

Hi, I have few doubt on daylight saving. Can any one clarify the below points. 1) How to configure daylight saving(DLS) time ? 2) How to query DLS ? 3) If i set DLS(say some how) will it be autometically changed or user has to manually change system time ? I got few info on net about... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auto resetting for Daylight Savings Time

We have an ancient Unix box from Siemens. Every year the system automatically changes the time for EST or DST. Unfortunately since the box is so old the dates that the times change are the old dates and not the current ones set during (I think) the Bush years. When I have to set the time back... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbcamel
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write (save time) Permission set

When am saving a file using my username in Linux environment, the file permission granted is rw-r--r-- I have to manually change the permissions using chmod command. How do i write it to the disk as rw-rw-r while saving my file. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avishek_rc1
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 Daylight Saving Time

Hello, Quick question: How do I verify if my Solaris 11 hosts/zones, configured with NTP, would change automatically to the DST? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
1 Replies
XSTAT_FS_TEST(1)					       AFS Command Reference						  XSTAT_FS_TEST(1)

NAME
xstat_fs_test - Displays data collections from the File Server process SYNOPSIS
xstat_fs_test [initcmd] -fsname <file server name(s) to monitor>+ -collID <collection(s) to fetch>+ [-onceonly] [-frequency <poll frequency, in seconds>] [-period <data collection time, in minutes>] [-debug] [-help] xstat_fs_test [initcmd] -fs <File Server name(s) to monitor>+ -c <Collection(s) to fetch>+ [-o] [-fr <poll frequency, in seconds>] [-p <data collection time, in minutes>] [-d] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The xstat_fs_test command tests the routines in the libxstat_fs.a library and displays the data collections associated with the File Server (the "fs" process). The command executes in the foreground. The command produces a large volume of output; to save it for later analysis, direct it to a file. OPTIONS
initcmd Accommodates the command's use of the AFS command parser, and is optional. -fsname <file server name to monitor>+ Specifies the fully qualified hostname of each file server machine for which to monitor the File Server process. -collID <collection to fetch>+ Specifies each data collection to return, which defines the type and amount of data the command interpreter gathers about the File Server. Data is returned in a predefined data structure. There are four acceptable values: 0 Provides profiling information about the numbers of times different internal File Server routines were called since the File Server started. This value is not currently implemented; it returns no data. 1 Reports various internal performance statistics related to the File Server (for example, vnode cache entries and Rx protocol activity). 2 Reports all of the internal performance statistics provided by the 1 setting, plus some additional, detailed performance figures about the File Server (for example, minimum, maximum, and cumulative statistics regarding File Server RPCs, how long they take to complete, and how many succeed). 3 Reports File Server callback processing statistics since the File Server started, including the number of call of callbacks added (AddCallBack), the number of callbacks broken (BreakCallBacks), and the number of callback space reclaims (GetSomeSpaces). -onceonly Gathers statistics just one time. Omit this flag to have the command continue to probe the Cache Manager for statistics at the frequency specified by the -frequency argument; in this case press Ctrl-C to stop the probes. -frequency <poll frequency> Sets the frequency in seconds at which the program initiates probes to the Cache Manager. The default is 30 seconds. -period <data collection time> Sets the number of minutes the program runs; at the end of this period of time, the program exits. The default is 10 minutes. -debug Displays a trace on the standard output stream as the command runs. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. SEE ALSO
xstat_cm_test(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 XSTAT_FS_TEST(1)