Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Creating a function for timestamp in shell script Post 302304707 by figaro on Tuesday 7th of April 2009 06:44:31 AM
Old 04-07-2009
Thanks, your suggestion worked very well. On the efficiency note: I was referring to refactoring, not memory usage or performance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell: creating different arrays based on function argument

hi, I was wondering if there was a good way to create an array within a function, where the name is based on a passed argument? I tried this: _____________________________ func(){ #take in 1st arg as the arrayname arrayName=$1 let i=0 while read line do arrayName=${line} let i+=1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nix21
5 Replies

2. AIX

Need timestamp conversion shell script !!

Can anyone provide me with a ksh or bash script which will accept a timestamp (format is YYYY-MM-DD-HH24.Mi.Ss) and time offset (in hours). The output will be (timestamp passed - time offset passed deducted from it) in the same YYYY-MM-DD-HH24.Mi.Ss format. Basically I am trying to convert the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shibajighosh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT Function Calling Another Function Please Help...

This is my function which is creating three variables based on counter & writing these variable to database by calling another function writeRecord but only one record is getting wrote in DB.... Please advise ASAP...:confused: function InsertFtg { FTGSTR="" echo "Saurabh is GREAT $#" let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.sonawane
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Search for a particular String and copy the timestamp to a variable

Hi, We Perfrom Loads to the database through a Perl script which generates a statistics file. I need to read the statistics. the Statistics file looks something like below: Process Beginning - 08-26-2010-23.41.47 DB2 CONNECTION SUCCESSFUL! Ready to process and load file: FILENAME # of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveenkulkarni
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell Function from mysql timestamp

Hi all, Actually my aim is to call the shell script when ever there is a hit in a mysql table which consist of 3 values. Acter some research I came to know that it is not possible and can achive with timestamp. Can someone please tell me how to read the table timestamp which should done... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshvkumar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the timestamp for file using shell script

I am writing a script to move the executable from one node to another and take the backup of the existing one. For that I want to fetch the timestamp of file using shell script. Could anyone help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagankinra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help creating a timestamp script to record mem usage

Hi, I'm looking into doing a few performance tweaks by adjusting my max memory on a few lpars. I would to create a time stamp script so i could review it for a week and determine how much space i can lower my max memory to so i could reclaim and allocate that memory to where it is needed the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert R$Timestamp in Sql*Plus within a UNIX Shell Script?

I need to compare a R$Timestamp field sql within a Unix Shell Script. In straight SQL the following code works fine: Table Name: LL_UNIT_TRANSACTION UT Field: R$Timestamp Where TRUNC(UT.R$Timestamp) >= TRUNC(SYSDATE -7) the following returns no data within the Unix Shell Script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dapconsult
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort the timestamp in the filename in shell script?

originally the shellscript #ln_file_name=`echo $ld_interface_date"_"${8}".csv"` #ln_file_name=`echo 201202011527_HL_HLTM1_B04A.csv` ln_file_name="*"`echo ${7}".csv"` get_file_list_1=$log_path"tm1_file_list.gfl1" cd ${source_path} echo "Try to find any file exist in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: feilhk
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Help..Renaming Quoted files removing the timestamp

Hi all, i am new to this forum, unix and shell scripting. I would really appreciate if you all can help me here.. I have files coming in the below format 'filename20513'13May06:03:45 filename are characters.. like 'ABDDUT20513'13May06:03:45 i need it to be renamed as... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: khman
17 Replies
passenger-memory-stats(8)				      Administration Commands					 passenger-memory-stats(8)

NAME
passenger-memory-stats - reports a snapshot of the Apache and Phusion Passenger memory statistcs SYNOPSIS
passenger-memory-stats DESCRIPTION
passenger-memory-stats allows you to easily analyze the real memory usage of Phusion Passenger and Apache. Process inspection tools such as ps and top are useful, but they rarely show the correct memory usage. The real memory usage is usually lower than what ps and top report. There are many technical reasons why this is so, but an explanation is beyond the scope of this page. We refer the interested reader to operating systems literature about virtual memory and copy-on-write. When you run this tool the Private or private dirty RSS field shows the real memory usage of processes. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
HTTPD The full filename to the Apache executable. By default, Passenger will attempt to autodetect the Apache executable. If autodetection fails for whatever reason, then Apache processes will not be shown in the memory statistics. In that case, you may manually specify the location to the Apache executable using this environment variable. SEE ALSO
passenger-status(8), ps(1), top(1), User guide at http://www.modrails.com/documentation.html AUTHOR
Phusion Passenger is written by Phusion (http://www.phusion.nl) "Phusion" and "Phusion Passenger" are trademarks of Hongli Lai & Ninh Bui. This manual page was written by Neil Wilson <neil@brightbox.co.uk> for the Ubuntu project (but may be used by others). Phusion Passenger 2.0 passenger-memory-stats(8)