Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Internet half-broken
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Internet half-broken Post 302304620 by CRGreathouse on Tuesday 7th of April 2009 12:16:04 AM
Old 04-07-2009
I disconnected and noticed two things. First, the sites I couldn't reach changed. I can't search Google anymore (though I can ping it -- main page vs. results page?), but I could reach at least one site previously off-limits to me. Second, I didn't have traceroute installed (and couldn't install it without reconnecting). So I'll disconnect again shortly and report back.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Knowing the half will get you into trouble - describe your disasters

Curious, what did you do? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script sortof half-working?

I have directories full of files that contain dates and times in their names in the format YYYYMMDDhhmm. So like, one of the files is named 199407271609 with no file extension. I have this script searches a given directory and changes all creation dates of the files to match the date in their... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hot_pants
4 Replies

3. Linux

SFTP an internet address from a system behind an internet proxy

I was wondering if it is possible to setup SFTP to go through the internet proxy while connecting to an internet location. Problem: Client system is behind internet proxy. SFTP to any internet location fails as there is no documented way to configure SFTP to connect to internet locations through... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toobrown1
4 Replies

4. Programming

[C] Is there a way to clean half screen?

Hi, I wrote a program for Windows environment. It shows a menu to choice some operations to do. Once an operation is done, it cleans the screen with a system("cls") call, and the menu is shown again. I'd like to just clean half screen, so the program doesn't need to call again the print menu... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Steps to reestablish SRDF which is half split

HI Guys, Can you please let me know the procedure to reestablish the SRDF which is half split, as you can see from the below O/P that one of the device is synchronized and other devices are in split mode Source (R1) View Target (R2) View MODES... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] Only half my script runs

Hello out there, I got this script that runs partly fine by my crontab. Problem is it gets to the sleep 300(which should be 5 minutes right?) part and never runs the rest of the scripts past that. All individual scripts run just fine. My var/mail file only shows it up to the " echo "Loader Stop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

How to creat a half-triangle in bash(Ubuntu)?

how to create a half-triangle like this and that will accept an input from the user, Dimension of the triangle will be based on the users input. example: enter the dimension: 5 ***** -**** --*** ---** ----* thankyou (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carljoses
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To split a file in exact half using awk

file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 code: awk 'END{if( < NR/2) {print $0}}' file The above has some error Output needed: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
8 Replies
SECVPN(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SECVPN(1)

NAME
secvpn - Control the Secure Virtual Private Network SYNOPSIS
secvpn [-v][-n][-s][-r] start|stop|routedel|routeadd|test|status [Host] DESCRIPTION
Secvpn builds a virtual private network (vpn) as defined in /etc/network/secvpn.conf. The vpn uses encryption based on ssh security. Before secvpn can be used you have to create some prerequisites. See PREREQUISITES below. The following subcommands may be used with secvpn: start is used to start the vpn. Secvpn will add new ppp interfaces necessary to make the vpn work, but will not automatically add routes (see the routeadd option below). If the recursive option is set, secvpn will log into the passive hosts and run "secvpn -r start" on them too. stop is used to stop the vpn. routeadd is used to setup new routing entries based on secvpn.conf. Secvpn will first add the route active->passive, then tell the passive host to add the route back. The route in the passive host will be added according to the configuration file there (in the passive host), so if the configuration files differ, things will not work. routedel will delete the routing entries built with routeadd. test checks whether the ppp interface is used to reach O_CRYPT_IP. status same as test, but checks all vpns if no host is named (instead of only active vpns as 'test' does). OPTIONS
-v verbose output -n do nothing -s be silent -r work recursive PREREQUISITES
Before secvpn can be used you have to enable passwordless ssh access for user "secvpn" from the initiator secvpn pc to the target secvpn pc. Use authorized_ keys or RhostsRSAAuthentication with the .shosts file. Have a look to the ssh - manpages for more information. Before secvpn can be used you have to give root rights for specific commands to the user "secvpn". This can be done with the followin com- mand: echo "secvpn ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/secvpn, /usr/sbin/pppd" >>/etc/sudoers Before secvpn can be used you have to edit /etc/secvon.conf. See secvpn.conf(4). EXAMPLES
There are 3 examples in /usr/share/doc/secvpn/examples: Example1: secvpn acts as router connection 2 subnets Example2: secvpn having one lan-card and connect 2 subnets Example3: secvpn having one lan-card and connect 11 subnets in a tree structure OTHER
To have real security it is necessary to secure each secvpn host and to have firewalls on each secvpn host allowing only selected IP- Adresses and Ports to pass through the VPN. AUTHOR
Bernd Schumacher, HP Consulting, HEWLETT-PACKARD GmbH, Bad Homburg, 2000-2005 COPYRIGHT
Copyright: Most recent version of the GPL. On Debian GNU/Linux systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in "/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL". SEE ALSO
secvpn(1) secvpnmon(1) ssh(1) timeout(1) secvpn.conf(4) secvpn August 2000 SECVPN(1)