Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Can not login to CDE -- only Fail Safe Session permitted Post 302304607 by Dirk_ on Monday 6th of April 2009 11:06:55 PM
Old 04-07-2009
File core revealed the following:
Core: core file from ‘dtsession' received SIGSEGV
I defined the hostname during setup.

I found some other useful information in my .dtprofile located under /home/dirk
The revision on the .dtprofile file is 1.7 and in short it says that if you have the issue that I originally described then check both /home/dirk/.dt/errorlog and /home/dirk/.dt/startlog for errors.

The contents of /home/dirk/.dt/errorlog are as follows:
.... (date and time)
Workspace manager I/O error on display :: :0.0
The contents of /home/dirk/.dt/startlog are as follows:
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

On a side note when I originally gave my machine a host name I used an upper case letter to begin the host name. When I later did an ‘/sbin/setparms hostname' that utility advised not to use upper case letters in host names so I changed my hostname to all lower case. I am still having problems.

Thanks for all the help so far!

Dirk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

No Keyboard in CDE session

Hi, AIX 5.3 , no Graphical adapter no Keyboard..... I set up CDE to start without graphical boot, dtlogin process is running, when start a xserver from Cygwin to access this box. I can't login, because I have no Keyboard. The Mouse works fine, but when I try to type in the username or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hookerxy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How do I establish a remote CDE or JDS session on Solaris 10?

As stated above in the title "How do I establish a remote CDE or JDS session on Solaris 10?" What I would like to do is be able to login to and use the machine remotely using either the CDE or JDS, preferably with out having to use a VNC, and be able to use the pretty GUI, instead of exclusively... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultra0384
11 Replies

3. Solaris

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10 respectively through xmanager as a nis user, I am able to login in common desktop , but gnome session its not allowing , when I have given login credentials, its coming back to login screen, what shoul I do to allow nis... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Not able to login through JDS but able to login through CDE

Dear All I am in a strange situation where I have install the Solaris 10 5/08 OS on Netra 1280 server. When I connect it through my laptop so that I can take the GUI from xmanager. When I try to login as root or any other users also through Java Destop Environment which accepted it after few... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xserver connect and run CDE session from Windows PC

Hope someone can help. I have 5 Unix Tru64 ver 4.0/5.1B, boxes and I'm trying to connect and run CDE session from my PC. I have tried using Reflections, and Xming with no luck. Can someone tell me what exactly needs to be running on the Tru64 boxes in order for this to work. Along with what or how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Troberts50
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining if session is a login session

Besides 'who am i' and 'tty' what commands could be used to determine if a session is interactive as compared to a web process or cron process. Any command should work with the common unix variants. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Start SAM in TUI from CDE session

how can i start sam in TUI mode from a CDE session. i'm using hp-ux 11iv3 i tried to start SAM from a terminal from CDE session but each time i try to start it System Managment Homepage starts , so i telneted to server from a pc to start sam in TUI mode is there any other way to set my SAM to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Fail safe during login.....

hi, i want to ask about why after im log in from CDE, it appears a pop up stated that i must go to Failsafe Session from the login screen's option menu and log in..... can anyone help??:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ameer88
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

webmin login fail

Hi all, I got error, when i logged with webmin. please show me the way how can i login with webmin (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Login Access fail

Hi, I need some help regarding login issue. I have to use 8 server. The username is same at all. But when i was trying to access for particular 4 server. I got access denied error. Please help .... Note: If i change my password by using root user. then I can able to enter into the same server.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
6 Replies
BLOCKDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual						      BLOCKDIAG(1)

NAME
blockdiag - generate block-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
blockdiag [options] file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the blockdiag commands. blockdiag is a program that generate block-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the SEE ALSO. --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help Show summary of options -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE -o FILE write diagram to FILE -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram --fontmap=FONT use FONTMAP file to draw diagram -s, --separate Separate diagram images for each group -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format --nodoctype Do not output doctype definition tags (SVG only) --no-transparency do not make transparent background of diagram (PNG only) SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://tk0miya.bitbucket.org/blockdiag/build/html/index.html AUTHOR
blockdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). May 9, 2011 BLOCKDIAG(1)