Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 spac root 76% full Post 302304580 by StarSol on Monday 6th of April 2009 08:37:34 PM
Old 04-06-2009
I normally assign 8G for my root / partition and space usage does not go beyond %60 (do not store patches or any user/application related data in there). If you are using Solaris 10, you might want to identify the big folders and remove the packages (that comes with the OS installation) you do not need; e.g. I removed (excluded from the jumpstart) Open Office packages which saved me some space.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

root file system full

Hi I have a Solaris 2.5.1 system. Recently my file system is full and i couldn't find what flood my root file system. Anyone can suggext any directories i should look out for. I am using Samba and Patrol agent. I am just usng this server as a file server, users cannot login into the system,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Root file system is 82% full

Hi I want to find out the reason that why root partition is 82% full? when i did fu -k / then most of files were created on /var . can you please help me to find out what I need to do in order to find the reason. Regards Ajwat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajwat
2 Replies

3. Linux

/root filesystem size is full

hi in my server ( / ) root filesystem size is full how to reduce the size and what are the files i want to remove. i need answer for linux and AIX also. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root File System Full

Hi All, The root file system of the HP-UX serevr I use is showing as 100% full. It has a disk space of ~524MB. When I add up the sizes of all the files and directories (using du -sk) , except mount points, it came up to 237MB. But when I bdf it still shows 100% full Can anyone help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sube
3 Replies

5. Solaris

root directory is full

root directory in server / is full 100% , i already tried to delete any core file , log , .. still files under /proc directory take more than 4 G.. what you advice please i don't want to format the server and install again and re partition , i tried the FORMAT tools ! but it seems i cant do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moata_u
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root file system full..Need help

Hi guys, In sun E250 server,root file system is full. we cleared log files in var/adm folder syslogs,mail logs,crash logs are empty. This is a production server. we are not able to run fsck from single user mode. I have given output of df and du command.How to create space in root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PUSHPARAJA
3 Replies

7. Solaris

User want to full root permission

hi guys.. how to give root permission for particular user tel me step by step (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

ROOT fs is full but no files consumed more space

one our linux machine root fs usage shows 90% but inode use % i sarched more then 10 MB files and found few with less mb,s any once help to solve this $ df -h / Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/cciss/c0d0p3 3.9G 3.3G 409M 90% / $ df -i /... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
9 Replies
GO(1)							      General Commands Manual							     GO(1)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code SYNOPSIS
go command [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The Go distribution includes a command, named go, that automates the downloading, building, installation, and testing of Go packages and commands. COMMANDS
Each command is documented in its own manpage. For example, the build command is documented in go-build(1). The commands are: build compile packages and dependencies clean remove object files doc run godoc on package sources env print Go environment information fix run go tool fix on packages fmt run gofmt on package sources get download and install packages and dependencies install compile and install packages and dependencies list list packages run compile and run Go program test test packages tool run specified go tool version print Go version vet run go tool vet on packages EXAMPLES
TODO SEE ALSO
go-build(1), go-clean(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO(1)