Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to destroy hardware raid on T5120 Post 302304458 by netlink on Monday 6th of April 2009 01:25:32 PM
Old 04-06-2009
How to destroy hardware raid on T5120

Hi,

I have problem creating hardware raid on T5120 with 4 disks. After the hardware raid 1 created, then I used the raidctl -l c1t0d0 and raidctl -l c1t2d0
the output of volume c1t0d0 contain disk 0.0.0 0.1.0, also the volume c1t2d0 contain disk 0.0.0 0.1.0 and should be 0.2.0 0.3.0

so I destroy both volume and then i issued command raidctl, the out shows controller 1 with disk 0.0.0 0.1.0 0.2.0 0.3.0, I thought output should be no raid volume found.

Anyone knows how to complete destroy the hardware.

Thanks for your help!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Hardware RAID

I don't understood why on SPARC-Platforms have not present RAID-Controller ? Sorry for my bad english, but it's crazy always setup software RAID !!! I whanna Hardware RAID and when i can find solution ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
7 Replies

2. Solaris

how to hardware RAID 1 on T5120

Hi, I have t5120 sparc and I have 2 146 G drives in the system. I will be installing solaris 10 and also want the system mirrored using Hardware RAID "1" The System did come preinstalled as it comes from sun. I did not do much on it. I booted system using boot cdrom -s gave format... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
6 Replies

3. Solaris

T2000 Hardware RAID

Hi, I have a root with hardware RAID on c0t0d0 and c0t2d0. I would like to set the boot device sequence in OBP for both hdds. I have checked in ls -l /dev/rdsk/ for the path of c0t2d0 but it does not exist. Can anyone shed some lights on this? AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: honmin
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun T5120 hardware RAID question

Hi everyone I've just purchased a Sun T5120 server with 2 internal disks. I've configured hardware RAID (mirror) and as a result the device tree in Solaris only contains 1 hard drive. My question is, how would I know when one of the drives become faulty? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID software vs hardware RAID

Hi Can someone tell me what are the differences between software and hardware raid ? thx for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Hardware Raid - LiveUpgrade

Hi, I have a question. Do LiveUpgrade supports hardware raid? How to choose the configuration of the system disk for Solaris 10 SPARC? 1st Hardware RAID-1 and UFS 2nd Hardware RAID-1 and ZFS 3rd SVM - UFS and RAID1 4th Software RAID-1 and ZFS I care about this in the future to take... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
1 Replies

7. Hardware

Sun T3-1 hardware RAID

Hi all I've just received my T3-1. It has 8 disks and I would like to configure RAID1 on the disks. The Sun documentation states that you can either use the OpenBoot PROMP utility called Fcode or you can use software via the Solaris OS. The documentation doesn't make it clear if: 1. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Software RAID on top of Hardware RAID

Server Model: T5120 with 146G x4 disks. OS: Solaris 10 - installed on c1t0d0. Plan to use software raid (veritas volume mgr) on c1t2d0 disk. After format and label the disk, still not able to detect using vxdiskadm. Question: Should I remove the hardware raid on c1t2d0 first? My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Hardware RAID using three disks

Dear All , Pl find the below command , # raidctl -l Controller: 1 Volume:c1t0d0 Disk: 0.0.0 Disk: 0.1.0 Disk: 0.3.0 # raidctl -l c1t0d0 Volume Size Stripe Status Cache RAID Sub Size ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
10 Replies
PARTED(8)							 GNU Parted Manual							 PARTED(8)

NAME
GNU Parted - a partition manipulation program SYNOPSIS
parted [options] [device [command [options...]...]] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the parted command. Complete documentation is distributed with the package in GNU Info format; see below. parted is a disk partitioning and partition resizing program. It allows you to create, destroy, resize, move and copy ext2, ext3, linux- swap, FAT and FAT32 partitions. This is useful for creating space for new operating systems, reorganising disk usage, and copying data to new hard disks. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a help message. -i, --interactive where necessary, prompts for user intervention. -s, --script never prompts for user intervention. -v, --version displays the version. COMMANDS
[device] The block device to partition. [command [options]] Specifies a command to parted. If no command is given, parted will give you a command prompt. Commands are: check partition does a simple check on partition. cp [source-device] source dest copies the source partition's filesystem on source-device (or the current device if no other device was specified) to the dest partition on the current device. help [command] prints general help, or help on command if specified. mkfs partition fs-type make a filesystem fs-type on partition. fs-type can be one of "FAT", "ext2" or "linux-swap". mklabel label-type Creates a new disklabel (partition table) of label-type. label-type should be one of "bsd", "gpt", "loop", "mac", "mips", "msdos", "pc98" or "sun". mkpart part-type [fs-type] start end make a part-type partition with filesystem fs-type (if specified), beginning at start and ending at end (in megabytes). part-type should be one of "primary", "logical" or "extended" mkpartfs part-type fs-type start end make a part-type partition with filesystem fs-type beginning at start and ending at end (in megabytes) move partition start end move partition to start at start and end at end. Note: move never changes the minor number name partition name set the name of partition to name. This option works only on Mac and PC98 disklabels. The name can be placed in quotes, if necessary print displays the partition table quit exits parted resize partition start end resize the filesystem on partition to start at start and end at end megabytes rm partition deletes partition select device choose device as the current device to edit. device should usually be a Linux hard disk device, but it can be a partition, software raid device or a LVM logical volume if that is necessary set partition flag state change the state of the flag on partition to state. Flags supported are: "boot", "root", "swap", "hidden", "raid", "lvm" and "lba". state should be either "on" or "off" REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-parted@gnu.org> SEE ALSO
fdisk(8), mkfs(8), The parted program is documented fully in the GNU partitioning software manual available via the Info system. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Timshel Knoll <timshel@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). parted 18 Mar, 2002 PARTED(8)