Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change $HOST in /etc/hosts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change $HOST in /etc/hosts Post 302304176 by figaro on Sunday 5th of April 2009 12:27:48 PM
Old 04-05-2009
dennis.jacob: Thank you for your response. Your code is working indeed after removing superfluous spaces. Previous error message was as follows:
Code:
# sed -i '' 's/localhost.my.domain/' $HOST '/' /etc/hosts
sed: 1: "s/localhost.my.domain/": unterminated substitute in regular expression

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

NIM host name change

Hi I have a NIM server on AIX 5.3.08.02. I had to change the host name and I now have nimsh connection issues to the NIM clients. All host files and DNS entries are correct with the new host name. I have tried editing the niminfo files on the NIM server and NIM clinet. I have tried removing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimyo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change password for multiple host

1-How can i change root password of 5 Fedora 11 machines (server1 server2 server3 server4 server5) with a single script , for example make password : 123456 NB. from server1 i can via ssh connect to the others machines without a password Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chang-lee
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change .bashrc on a list of hosts

Hi, My scripting skills are somewhat basic... I need a way to log into a list of hostname/IPs as a user, su to root and then create/append root's .bashrc Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jag7720
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh to multiple hosts and saving the output in the local host

hi I have a script to login from a host "A" to a list of hosts in a file and perform some commands inside it...its somethin like this for i in `cat file` do ssh -t $i " command1 ; command2; ..." done I wanna save the outputs in a file in the current host "A" i.e from where I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh to many hosts the ftp output to single host

Hi guys. i need some help, i need to create a script in tcsh that rsh into all my hosts that we have at our business, then cd to a directory (cd /apps/users) then grab a file from the users folder and ftp it back to my windows machine. can someone please help? Kind regards. Brian Behrens (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't change fully qualified host name

I tried changing my /etc/inet/hosts file for my server to: <ip address> <hostname> <fqdn> but when I go to reboot the file changes right back to: <ip address> <hostname> how do I get the <fqdn> to stick on a reboot. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
2 Replies

7. Solaris

able to ping all hosts but not able to traceroute any host

i am using solaris 10 and i am able to ping all the hosts but i am not able to traceroute any of them. how to fix this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from local host to a list of remote hosts --- perl script

Hi friends, i need to prepare a script ( in perl) i have a file called "demo.exe" in my local unix host. i have a list of remote hosts in a file "hosts.txt" now i need to push "demo.exe" file to all the hosts in "hosts.txt" file. for this i need to prepare a script(in perl, but shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
5 Replies

9. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Change from weak ssh host key to strong one

Hi, I got instructions from Security audit team for Solaris-10 server. They mentioned - "The sshd configuration on the host supported weak host keys and allowed password authentication on Solaris server. Enable stronger keys (2048 or 4096 bit)". I am not clear enough, what they mean by weak... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies
Net::Time(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    Net::Time(3pm)

NAME
Net::Time - time and daytime network client interface SYNOPSIS
use Net::Time qw(inet_time inet_daytime); print inet_time(); # use default host from Net::Config print inet_time('localhost'); print inet_time('localhost', 'tcp'); print inet_daytime(); # use default host from Net::Config print inet_daytime('localhost'); print inet_daytime('localhost', 'tcp'); DESCRIPTION
"Net::Time" provides subroutines that obtain the time on a remote machine. inet_time ( [HOST [, PROTOCOL [, TIMEOUT]]]) Obtain the time on "HOST", or some default host if "HOST" is not given or not defined, using the protocol as defined in RFC868. The optional argument "PROTOCOL" should define the protocol to use, either "tcp" or "udp". The result will be a time value in the same units as returned by time() or undef upon failure. inet_daytime ( [HOST [, PROTOCOL [, TIMEOUT]]]) Obtain the time on "HOST", or some default host if "HOST" is not given or not defined, using the protocol as defined in RFC867. The optional argument "PROTOCOL" should define the protocol to use, either "tcp" or "udp". The result will be an ASCII string or undef upon failure. AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-1998 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. $Id: //depot/libnet/Net/Time.pm#9 $ perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 Net::Time(3pm)