Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Recommendations For Generic C Data Structures & Algorithms Post 302304093 by tristan12 on Saturday 4th of April 2009 09:44:23 PM
Old 04-04-2009
Recommendations For Generic C Data Structures & Algorithms

Hi All,

Rather than re-invent the wheel, I am trying to find a mature C library that provides generic support for lists, trees, etc.

I understand C doesn't formally support "generics", but am aware of a few solutions like GLib and SGLib.

Can anyone kindly recommend what they think is best?

Thankyou Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

shared memory - userdefined data structures

Hello, I wonder if I can write my userdefined data structures(ex: a list) to a shared memory segment? I know, the shm functions get (void*) parameter so I should be able to read and write a list into the shared memory. may someone inform and clarify me about that, please? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyzt
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Data Structures

Here is what i need to do. @data #has all column wise data so say info for col 1 location for all rows would be in this array $array = \@data But i need to create a file which should contain these information in a format for all columns even if i have got no values from some of the index... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
0 Replies

3. Programming

Signalsafe data structures

Hello, I have a signal handler which manipulates a data structure. The data structure's operations aren't atomic. So if two threads/processes are in a critical section at the same time the data structure will be broken. With threads you can avoid this stuff with semaphores etc. However,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlegnome
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do we have generic solution get process start time in AIX & Linux

I wish to get the process start time on AiX and Linux using the same command / script. I'm able to get the process start time in Linux using the below command: cat /proc/<pid>/stat | grep Modify The same does not work for AiX 6.1 systems. Can you please let me know the command to get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
libglib-2.0.3(3)					 Introduction to Library Functions					  libglib-2.0.3(3)

NAME
libglib-2.0, libgmodule-2.0, libgthread-2.0 - general purpose utility library, GLib support for dynamic plug-ins, GLib support for thread abstraction DESCRIPTION
GLib is a general-purpose utility library, which provides many useful data types, macros, type conversions, string utilities, a main loop abstraction, and so on. libgmodule-2.0 provides a portable method of dynamically loading plug-ins or shared object modules. libgthread-2.0 provides a thread abstraction which includes threads, different mutex methods, conditions, and thread private data. It also provides different useful patterns such as thread pools. To access the API documentation, you must install the developer version of the package. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so GNOME general purpose shared library /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.GLib dynamic plug-in shared library /usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.GLib thread abstraction shared library /usr/share/gtk-doc/html Location of developer documentation ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-base-libs SUNWg- | | |nome-base-libs-64 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
glib-genmarshal(1), libgobject-2.0(3), glib-gettextize(3), glib-mkenums(3) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004. SunOS 5.10 31 Aug 2004 libglib-2.0.3(3)