Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Collect information from switches Post 302303892 by chinni-script on Friday 3rd of April 2009 07:42:13 PM
Old 04-03-2009
Collect information from switches

Hi All ,

In my environment we have 12 SAN switches .Culd u pls help me for below queries .

[1] would like to telnet to all switches and collect information in daily basis with "switchstatus" command and store the output under /tmp/ folder on systemA .

[2]To keep passwords of 12switches in a text file on unix host ,is there any best way to maintain in non-readable format just to protect the view from others .

Chinni.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar switches!!!

Hi, If i want to write my data on several tapes, (more than one tape), what switch(s) i need to use with tar. In other word if my data needs the sapce more than one tape & i don't wanna to compress or ... my data. so is it possible to write up to the end of the tape & it asks to put another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Planning for DR, I have to collect information

Dear All, We are going for Disaster Recovery project, the vendor asked for more details about how much is the daily data changes only. using sar / iostat can any one help me to collect this ?! Note: only I need the changed data size not the daily increasing data. this is to know how much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adel8483
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to collect all db information

hi all I am looking for shell script ,by which i need to gather all the DB information in Sybase server . Thanks in advance :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvsramarao
3 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios monitoring for switches.

Hi, I have configured check_snmp plugin and using the plugin i am able to monitor the uptime of the switch. But the following fails # /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp -H 10.10.10.1 -C ready -o ifOperStatus.1 -r 1 -m RFC1213-MIB SNMP CRITICAL - *down(2)* | # Any suggestions ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple commandline switches

I have a script that has commandline switches that work no problem. But i don't know how to enable it to have multiple switches at one time. So I'd want myscript -h -o or even myscript -ho but i'm having no luck incorporating this. I tried shifting but i'm not getting it. Thanks ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo switches

Hello All, I am writing an shell script but abruptly its not able to recognize switches in echo statement. #!/bin/bash top -n 1 -b>ankit host=`hostname` time=`cat ankit|grep load|tr -s " "|cut -d " " -f3` load=`cat ankit|grep load|tr -s " "|cut -d "," -f4|cut -d ":" -f2` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to collect information from current and remote unix boxes

I am using AIX 5.3.0.0 ; I need a script to find out each remote AIX boxes Hostname, Model name and Serial number in following format Hostname Modelname SerialID AIXMC01 IBM,7026-B80 IBM,0110BBA1F AIXMC02 IBM,7026-H50 IBM,0110BBA56 AIXMC03 IBM,7026-H50 IBM,0110BBARR... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir07
12 Replies

8. AIX

LACP between AIX 7.1 and HP procurve switches

Hi. On a standalone AIX server, 7.1 version, I have 3 connected gigabit ethernet ports. I made an etherchannel like this : # lsattr -El ent4 adapter_names ent1,ent2 | EtherChannel Adapters True alt_addr 0x000000000000 | Alternate EtherChannel Address True auto_recovery yes | Enable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stephnane
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Strings in as options to switches

I have a script using getops with -a -t -l as potential switches, based on the switches used, it will set the respective variable value which will cause the routine/function to run. I need to also pass a string with the switch that will get parsed by the function. example ./myscript -a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

10. SuSE

How to filter SYSLOG data to collect meaningful information only?

Dear users, SUSE 10 sp3 and SUSE 11. I made configuration changes in '/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf' to move SYSLOG content to LogRhythm. This is what I changed in the file. Un-comment out the following lines #Enable this and admop IP to send log messages to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
10 Replies
TAP::Parser::Source::Perl(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			    TAP::Parser::Source::Perl(3pm)

NAME
TAP::Parser::Source::Perl - Stream Perl output VERSION
Version 3.17 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Source::Perl; my $perl = TAP::Parser::Source::Perl->new; my $stream = $perl->source( [ $filename, @args ] )->get_stream; DESCRIPTION
Takes a filename and hopefully returns a stream from it. The filename should be the name of a Perl program. Note that this is a subclass of TAP::Parser::Source. See that module for more methods. METHODS
Class Methods "new" my $perl = TAP::Parser::Source::Perl->new; Returns a new "TAP::Parser::Source::Perl" object. Instance Methods "source" Getter/setter the name of the test program and any arguments it requires. my ($filename, @args) = @{ $perl->source }; $perl->source( [ $filename, @args ] ); "croak"s if $filename could not be found. "switches" my $switches = $perl->switches; my @switches = $perl->switches; $perl->switches( @switches ); Getter/setter for the additional switches to pass to the perl executable. One common switch would be to set an include directory: $perl->switches( ['-Ilib'] ); "get_stream" my $stream = $source->get_stream($parser); Returns a stream of the output generated by executing "source". Must be passed an object that implements a "make_iterator" method. Typically this is a TAP::Parser instance. "shebang" Get the shebang line for a script file. my $shebang = TAP::Parser::Source::Perl->shebang( $some_script ); May be called as a class method "get_taint" Decode any taint switches from a Perl shebang line. # $taint will be 't' my $taint = TAP::Parser::Source::Perl->get_taint( '#!/usr/bin/perl -t' ); # $untaint will be undefined my $untaint = TAP::Parser::Source::Perl->get_taint( '#!/usr/bin/perl' ); SUBCLASSING
Please see "SUBCLASSING" in TAP::Parser for a subclassing overview. Example package MyPerlSource; use strict; use vars '@ISA'; use Carp qw( croak ); use TAP::Parser::Source::Perl; @ISA = qw( TAP::Parser::Source::Perl ); sub source { my ($self, $args) = @_; if ($args) { $self->{file} = $args->[0]; return $self->SUPER::source($args); } return $self->SUPER::source; } # use the version of perl from the shebang line in the test file sub _get_perl { my $self = shift; if (my $shebang = $self->shebang( $self->{file} )) { $shebang =~ /^#!(.*perl.*?)(?:(?:s)|(?:$))/; return $1 if $1; } return $self->SUPER::_get_perl(@_); } SEE ALSO
TAP::Object, TAP::Parser, TAP::Parser::Source, perl v5.12.5 2012-11-03 TAP::Parser::Source::Perl(3pm)