Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Using pkg_add on alternative host Post 302303818 by RealFreeBSDTips on Friday 3rd of April 2009 02:07:17 PM
Old 04-03-2009
# export PACKAGEROOT=ftp://ftp3.FreeBSD.org
# pkg_add -v -r vim

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

QNX host cannot ping SCO host, vice versa

The problem I am facing now is that the QNX host could not ping the SCO host and vice versa. They are in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.xx. As I am very new to Unix, I guess I must have missed out some important steps. Pls help... Thanx alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

host alias not working: host not found

Hello, I am working on HP-UX , and in the /etc/hosts file we have setup an alias: aa.bb.cc.dd devmach2.unix.org devmach2 devma2v The alias devma2v does not work. Error when pinging devma2v ping: unknown host devma2v For devmach2 the ping works fine , returning the correct IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FunnyCats
4 Replies

3. Solaris

How to delete the files from local host to remote host

Hi all, i am copying .gz files from production server to development server using "scp" command.my requirement is after copying .gz files i want to delete old .gz files(two days back) in development server from production server. like this way i need to delelte .log ,.z and .dmp files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna176
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pkg_add fails

Hi, I have created a package on a 64 bit FreeBSD machine. when i install this (on another 64 bit FreeBSD machine )i get the following error : tar: Skipping pathname containing .. pkg_add: tar extract of /home/vcr/testpackage.tgz failed! pkg_add: unable to extract '/home/vcr/testpackage.tgz'!... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HIMANI
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

running commands to remote host from centralized host

Gurus/Experts We have a centralized UNIX/Solaris server from where we can actually ssh to all other UNIX/Solaris servers...I need to write a script that reside on this centerlized server and do FileSystem monitoring (basically run df -h or -k) of other remote servers and then send an email to me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjum.suri
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! How to find the local host after few ssh hops to remote host???

I do a ssh to remote host(A1) from local host(L1). I then ssh to another remote(A2) from A1. When I do a who -m from A2, I see the "connected from" as "A1". => who -m userid pts/2 2010-03-27 08:47 (A1) I want to identify who is the local host who initiated the connection to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer large number of files host to host

Hello.... I have two servers, one has an empty / and the other has a subdirectory with a large number (4 gig) with many, many files. I need a way to transfer the files en masse from the server with the large number of files to the one that is essentially blank. I don't have space on the used... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: blaine.miller
16 Replies

8. IP Networking

ping can not recognize host but host command can

Hi, I have a weird problem. when ever I do ping command like for example ping unix.comI get the following message: # ping unix.com ping: unknown host unix.com but when I use host the computer is able to know the host. # host unix.com unix.com has address 81.17.242.186 unix.com mail is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Need to recover/move diskgroup from failed host to another host

Hi All I am having VxVm on two Solaris hosts. host1 is using disk group dgHR. right now this server went down due to hardware fault. Not I need to import this dgHR into host2 server. Please let me know the procedure for the same. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to target host from Source host.

Hi All, Need to connect to target host and execute a command and connect back to source host to continue with next set of command execution. Is there a utility/command using which we can connect to target host ? Please suggest. Note: Netezza database is instaled on Linux server. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
4 Replies
IO::All::FTP(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 IO::All::FTP(3pm)

NAME
IO::All::FTP - Extends IO::All to FTP URLs SYNOPSIS
use IO::All; "hello world " > io('ftp://localhost/test/x'); # save to FTP io('ftp//example.org/pub/xyz') > io('xyz'); # GET to file # two ways of getting a file with a password: $content < io('ftp://me:secret@example.org/xyz'); $content < io('ftp://example.org/xyz')->user('me')->password('secret'); DESCRIPTION
This module extends IO::All for dealing with FTP URLs. Note that you don't need to use it explicitly, as it is autoloaded by IO::All whenever it sees something that looks like an FTP URL. METHODS
This is a subclass of IO::All::LWP. The only new method is "ftp", which can be used to create a blank IO::All::FTP object; or it can also take an FTP URL as a parameter. Note that in most cases it is simpler just to call io('ftp//example.com'), which calls the "ftp" method automatically. OPERATOR OVERLOADING
The same operators from IO::All may be used. < GETs an FTP URL; > PUTs to an FTP URL. SEE ALSO
IO::All::LWP, IO::All, LWP. AUTHORS
Ivan Tubert-Brohman <itub@cpan.org> and Brian Ingerson <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007. Ivan Tubert-Brohman and Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.10.0 2007-03-29 IO::All::FTP(3pm)