Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mounting usb drive
Operating Systems Solaris mounting usb drive Post 302303792 by k2k on Friday 3rd of April 2009 01:00:03 PM
Old 04-03-2009
thanks, by running rmformat i got the following info, may i ask which piece of info i should use to mount?

i tried mount /dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s2 /myDriver

and i got "mount: /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s2 not a block device"

may i ask how i should mount my usb?

Code:
# rmformat
Looking for devices...
     1. Volmgt Node: /vol/dev/aliases/cdrom0
        Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s2
        Physical Node: /pci@1e,600000/ide@d/sd@2,0
        Connected Device: JLMS     XJ-HD166S        D3S4
        Device Type: DVD Reader
     2. Volmgt Node: /vol/dev/aliases/rmdisk1
        Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s2
        Physical Node: /pci@1e,600000/usb@b/storage@2/disk@0,0
        Connected Device: USB 2.0  USB Flash Drive  0.00
        Device Type: Removable

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 04-03-2009 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: added code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mounting USB

Hi I was trying to mount my USB flashdrive on solaris 10 and I am getting the message saying that (I have already gone through the previous blogs in the forum) mount: Block device required. I have tried most of the possible ways. #rmformat(gives me the necessary information about my flash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akhil1460
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB flash drive is not mounting what to do...?

hello forum.. i am using RHEL 4.0 and my system is dual boot.normally the usb flash drive should be auto mount , but in my system i am unable to mount the drive plz help... i am a new user so plz give me in detail. thank u in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoranjan
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

force mounting usb drive on macbook pro

alright, this might seem a dumb question, can't say i'm too familiar with these applications. i have a 250mb zip drive that i just got for my macbook pro (i know it's archaic, i have a drum machine that uses 100mb zip disks) and it is recognized in system profiler as a 250mb iomega drive, but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grampah
1 Replies

4. AIX

Mounting a USB Drive in AIX 5.3 ML 6, P570

Hi Can somebody help me know , How can i mount a USB drive in my AIX 5.3 ML6, P570 Server. This is a Bit urgent for me. Thanks in advance.. Regards Raj (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdkumarj
0 Replies

5. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

6. Linux

mounting usb device

Hi Folks, I want to know how to mount usb device (cd,dvd etc) in linux, Regards, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with mounting my USB

My previous post seems to be erased and I didn't get any help. I'm logged as root now but no mounting command seems to work, I've tried: Mount -t vfat /dev/sdc1 /mnt/USB Changing "sdc1" for hda1-7, and sdc1-7, and still nothing. Sometimes i get: "special device not found" and others "device... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dax01
4 Replies

8. SCO

Mounting a USB DRIVE- SCO_SV

I wish to mount a USB pen drive to allow me copy files from the pc to the pen drive. when I insert the dirve I get a message umass Attached: Kingston DataTraveler 2.0, rev 2.0, usb_id 2 The version of unix is SCO_SV. I cannot see any new file in the /dev folder. I was looking for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ralph2010
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Mounting USB HD

I am very new to Solaris. The machine I am working with is running Solaris 10. I have a 1.5 TB hard drive plugged into a USB dock plugged into the Solaris machine. I ran 'cfgadm -al' and can see that the usb0/1 is usb-storage that was not there before. How do i mount this drive and format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
3 Replies
sysdef(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                sysdef(1M)

NAME
sysdef - output system definition SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/sysdef [-i] [-n namelist] /usr/sbin/sysdef [-h] [-d] [-i] [-D] DESCRIPTION
The sysdef utility outputs the current system definition in tabular form. It lists all hardware devices, as well as pseudo devices, system devices, loadable modules, and the values of selected kernel tunable parameters. It generates the output by analyzing the named bootable operating system file (namelist) and extracting the configuration information from it. The default system namelist is /dev/kmem. OPTIONS
-i Prints the configuration information from /dev/kmem. This is the default and only needs to be specified if the configura- tion information from both /dev/kmem and the system file specified with the "-n namelist" option is needed. -nnamelist Specifies a namelist other than the default (/dev/kmem). The namelist specified must be a valid bootable operating system. -h Prints the identifier of the current host in hexadecimal. This numeric value is unique across all Sun hosts. -d The output includes the configuration of system peripherals formatted as a device tree. -D For each system peripheral in the device tree, display the name of the device driver used to manage the peripheral. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample output format The following example displays the format of the sysdef -d output: example% sysdef -d Node 'SUNW,Ultra-5_10', unit #-1 Node 'packages', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'terminal-emulator', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'deblocker', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'obp-tftp', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'disk-label', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'SUNW,builtin-drivers', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'sun-keyboard', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'ufs-file-system', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'chosen', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'openprom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'client-services', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'options', unit #0 Node 'aliases', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'memory', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'virtual-memory', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'pci', unit #0 Node 'pci', unit #0 Node 'ebus', unit #0 Node 'auxio', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'power', unit #0 Node 'SUNW,pll', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'se', unit #0 (no driver) Node 'su', unit #0 Node 'su', unit #1 Node 'ecpp', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'fdthree', unit #0 Node 'eeprom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'flashprom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'SUNW,CS4231', unit #0 (no driver) Node 'network', unit #0 Node 'SUNW,m64B', unit #0 Node 'ide', unit #0 Node 'disk', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'cdrom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'sd', unit #1 Node 'dad', unit #1 Node 'pci', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'pseudo', unit #0 [output truncated] FILES
/dev/kmem default operating system image ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hostid(1), prtconf(1M), nlist(3ELF), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 4 Oct 2004 sysdef(1M)