Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to control remotely "full" Linux router in GUI ? Post 302303719 by jack2 on Friday 3rd of April 2009 10:22:14 AM
Old 04-03-2009
How to control remotely "full" Unix Linux router in GUI ?

Hi,

I mean Unix Linux general solution, so please don't move my question, as it's Unix specific.

I would like to remotely control my "full" Linux router.
Already succeeded to compile Linux Unix dialog, running some tests.

The issue is dialog comes with a limited number of widget boxes for use.
So I would like to combine 2 or more boxes into one, integrating gauge with input, output and the like.

So I need to build GUI diagnostic tool for my router with data refresh,
to replace static Web interface.

Please let me know if ncurses library + dialog is the only solution to remotely control my router ?

Using VNC I still need to write GUI application, to be run on a router.

As dialog widgets work fine, please tell me, how complicated is to modify code of dialog widgets to get what I need -
more entry fields, info refresh for data transfer and the like.

Dialog code is GNU c.
Project is unfortunatelly no more maintained.
Contacted 3 other dialog developers, from man pages,
unfortunately contact e-mail addresses are no more valid.

My experince with Visual Basic and OCX controls is exactly what I would
to rely on my GUI interface for a router.

Unfortunately widgets cannot be used like OCX controls, to be put on a form to work.

If you are aware of any c programming environment, to let my job easier
in modifying c code, I would really appreciate your help.

Jack

Last edited by jack2; 04-03-2009 at 12:13 PM..

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. SuSE

Linux the most "GUI" - pls. help

Hi All; Well here's another stupid question. But i tired to make it relevant. I'm looking to install a flavour of UNIX. I think Linux is the most "GUI" of all the flavours. Please verify me if I am correct/incorrect and if so, please state the "most GUI" flavour of UNIX. Cheers. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radith
1 Replies
do_dialog(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						do_dialog(3alleg4)

NAME
do_dialog - Basic dialog manager function. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int do_dialog(DIALOG *dialog, int focus_obj); DESCRIPTION
The basic dialog manager function. This displays a dialog (an array of dialog objects, terminated by one with a NULL dialog procedure), and sets the input focus to the focus_obj (-1 if you don't want anything to have the focus). It interprets user input and dispatches messages as they are required, until one of the dialog procedures tells it to close the dialog, at which point it returns the index of the object that caused it to exit, or until ESC is pressed, at which point it returns -1. SEE ALSO
popup_dialog(3alleg4), init_dialog(3alleg4), centre_dialog(3alleg4), set_dialog_color(3alleg4), find_dialog_focus(3alleg4), excus- tom(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4), exrgbhsv(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 do_dialog(3alleg4)