Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl uninstall from unix machine Post 302303640 by mnmonu on Friday 3rd of April 2009 07:04:08 AM
Old 04-03-2009
perl uninstall from unix machine

Hi
I need to uninstall perl from my unix machine and DBI, DBD::Oracle , Parallel Fork Manager modules if there is any way please suggest me.
Thanks
kousik

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uninstall linux/unix

hi folks i have one problem..I have linux running..but i need to uninstall but when i do " FDISK " from DOS prompt...it won't recognize linux...but i don't know how to do that ...Is there any way to do this ? please help me out... Gnanesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnanesh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Perl - How to uninstall? Will pkgrm uninstall all versions?

Hello, I'm working on a Solaris 9/Sparc machine and it has the Solaris 10 version of Perl (5.8.8) installed on it, which always requires all kinds of library files that Solaris 9 doesn't come with. I think the best way to do is to uninstall this wrong version and install the correct Solaris 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alanlh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from windows to unix using a perl script on unix machine

i need to ftp a file from windows to a unix machine by executing a sript(perl/shell/php) from that unix machine.i can also use HTML and javascript to build forms. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

User perl to get memory installed in a machine

I currently have a statistics gathering script i run on my Linux servers. One of the stat i gather is total memory in the machine. The script is all perl with the exception of gathering the memory for that i use the following command: $ram = (`cat /proc/meminfo | grep "MemTotal" | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Uninstall Perl in Redhat Server

Hi All, Currently i am using 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga)' server. Here perl 5.8.8 64bit version installed (location : /usr/bin/perl). I want remove the current perl and install 5.8.4 64bit perl. I know how to configure the perl version. Could you please tell me how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_manimuthu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :Is it possible to read the excel 2007 sheet on unix machine using spredsheet::xlsx module

I have an Excel 2007 excel sheet on windows machine and using Spreadsheet::XLSX I had written a script to read the excel sheet and was successful. My requirement is I need to generate another excel sheet from the old excel 2007 sheet on unix machine. Now is it possible to read the excel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Upgrade Perl version on Solaris machine

Hi, Can you please assist in upgrading perl from 5.8.x to 5.10? Right now i am running the below verison on my Solaris SPARC machine. Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installation of perl on Linux machine

When i try to run the configure command i am getting below error. Please assist. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
7 Replies
GPT-UNINSTALL(8)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  GPT-UNINSTALL(8)

NAME
gpt-uninstall - Uninstall any GPT package. SYNOPSIS
gpt-uninstall [--force --help -name ] pkgname-flavor-pkgtype DESCRIPTION
gpt-uninstall will uninstall a package from the system. OPTIONS
-force This will force actions to take place. -native Use native package manager (Only works with rpm). pkgname-flavor-pkgtype Expression describing the packages that should be removed. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -man Prints the manual page and exits. -version Prints the version of GPT and exits. EXAMPLES
gpt-uninstall -name=foo removes all flavors and package types with the name "foo". gpt-uninstall foo Also removes all flavors and package types with the name "foo". gpt-uninstall 'foo-*-*' A third way of typing the same uninstall. Note the single quotes. gpt-uninstall '*-noflavor-*' Remove all of the packages with a 'noflavor' build flavor. gpt-uninstall '*-*-*' Remove all packages. Note that files generated by gpt-postinstall will not be removed BUGS
Currently the flavor check that gpt-uninstall uses only works if the flavor is installed by gpt-build. And so for example: gpt-uninstall foo-gcc32-* will not work. The work around is to uninstall the packages individually using something like: gpt-uninstall -name=foo -flavor=gcc32 -pkgtype=pgm Or use a wild card for the flavor to uninstall all flavors of the package. gpt-uninstall foo-*-* SEE ALSO
gpt-install(8) gpt-query(8) gpt-verify(8) gpt-postinstall(8) AUTHOR
Michael Bletzinger <mbletzin.ncsa.uiuc.edu> and Eric Blau <eblau.ncsa.uiuc.edu> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-30 GPT-UNINSTALL(8)