Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cron-apt - adding X-headers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cron-apt - adding X-headers Post 302303612 by Neo on Friday 3rd of April 2009 05:25:24 AM
Old 04-03-2009
Welcome.

What exactly is your question?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding command line env in cron env

Hello friends, i run two scripts manually & they work. i run them in cron & they don work. how to match the two env's 1.command line env 2.cron env i would like cron to use command line env. Thanks & Regards Abhijeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding date to cron log

Hi. I'm trying to output the current date to a cronjob log file. Nothing seems to work, echo $(date), echo `date` or just date in the script. I'm using /sbin/sh Any ideas? Thanks, John (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnH
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding a user to cron.allow

Hello all, I have solaris 10. I have have a script that installs crontab for a user. I want to add some more features to this script. I want to check whether the user exists in etc/cron.d/cron.allow ... if yes then continue the script without adding .... if not, then add that user to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MisterKhan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a new root cron job

Hi there, I have over 2000 systems (mainly Solaris) and I want to write a script that inserts a new root cronjob on each of those servers. obviously just adding a line to /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root looks like the easiest way, but i really dont want to have to send a HUP to crond on all boxes ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose multipe columns to rows and adding headers

Hi, I found the following awk script to transpose multiple (3) columns to multiple rows: #=== BEGIN {FS=","} { for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) { arr=$i; if(nf<= NF) nf=NF; } nr=NR } END { for(i=1;i<=nf;i++) { (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with joining files and adding headers to files

Hi, I have about 20 tab delimited text files that have non sequential numbering such as: UCD2.summary.txt UCD45.summary.txt UCD56.summery.txt The first column of each file has the same number of lines and content. The next 2 column have data points: i.e UCD2.summary.txt: a 8.9 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrdavis
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a cron job that will execute everyday at 14:50 hrs

Hi I want to execute a cron job everyday at 14:50 hrs. I have a script like this: TMP_FILE="/tmp/tmpcron.txt" RES=0 /usr/bin/crontab -l >> $TMP_FILE ADD_JOB="50 14 * * * /opt/mypath/scriptname.sh" grep "scriptname.sh" $TMP_FILE >> /dev/null JOB_NOT_EXIST=$? if test $JOB_NOT_EXIST... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
2 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

Openssl s_client Adding Headers Manually

Daily stupid question: How can I successfully add/pass HTTP options to openssl? I am trying to get a response from our test web server /vpn/index.html for testing an application. I can successfully get it doing it the manually way like: openssl s_client -connect 192.168.3.20:443 blah blah... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies
APT-MIRROR(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     APT-MIRROR(1)

NAME
apt-mirror - apt sources mirroring tool SYNOPSIS
apt-mirror [configfile] DESCRIPTION
A small and efficient tool that lets you mirror a part of or the whole Debian GNU/Linux distribution or any other apt sources. Main features: * It uses a config similar to apts sources.list * It's fully pool comply * It supports multithreaded downloading * It supports multiple architectures at the same time * It can automatically remove unneeded files * It works well on overloaded channel to internet * It never produces an inconsistent mirror including while mirroring * It works on all POSIX compliant systems with perl and wget COMMENTS
apt-mirror uses /etc/apt/mirror.list as a configuration file. By default it is tuned to official Debian or Ubuntu mirrors. Change it for your needs. After you setup the configuration file you may run as root: # su - apt-mirror -c apt-mirror Or uncomment line in /etc/cron.d/apt-mirror to enable daily mirror updates. FILES
/etc/apt/mirror.list Main configuration file /etc/cron.d/apt-mirror Cron configuration template /var/spool/apt-mirror/mirror Mirror places here /var/spool/apt-mirror/skel Place for temporarily downloaded indexes /var/spool/apt-mirror/var Log files placed here. URLs and MD5 summs also here. CONFIGURATION EXAMPLES
The mirror.list configuration supports many options, the file is well commented explinging each option. here are some sample mirror configuration lines showing the various supported ways : Normal: deb http://example.com/debian stable main contrib non-free Arch Specific: ( many other arch's are supported ) deb-powerpc http://example.com/debian stable main contrib non-free HTTP and FTP Auth or non-standard port: deb http://user:pass@example.com:8080/debian stable main contrib non-free Source Mirroring: deb-src http://example.com/debian stable main contrib non-free ORIGINAL AUTHOR
Dmitry N. Hramtsov <hdn@nsu.ru> CURRENT AUTHORS
Dmitry N. Hramtsov <hdn@nsu.ru> Brandon Holtsclaw <me@brandonholtsclaw.com> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-28 APT-MIRROR(1)