Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CPU load -12.50 in server.
Operating Systems Solaris CPU load -12.50 in server. Post 302303513 by pressy on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 07:58:55 PM
Old 04-02-2009
the load is the average number of jobs in the run queue. so if you have a fully populated v490, you have 8 cores for your jobs. to less for 12 processes waiting for CPU time...
as far as I know, you could say in solaris "divide load/processors" and if that's greater than 1, you don't have enough CPUs to handle the workload...

(veto?)

regards
- pressy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU load unit of measure?

If unix says my cpu load is 2.15 exactly what does that mean? --Jason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mac J
1 Replies

2. AIX

Application high CPU load

after a long period of running, the network application's CPU load in our syst em increase slowly, the failed at the end. we use "truss" tool to trace the process, found that it processes something like "semop" ,"semctl","thread_waitlock","kread" kernel call . The trace log file looks like the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

High cpu load average

Hi Buddies, Thanx for reading my first post... After googling a lot and searching so many forums I am feeling down a bit... Please don't mind my ignorence, and my grammer ... :) My server is running RHEL 2.6.9-5.EL. The cpu load is going higher than roof, almost 100 sometimes. I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

4. Linux

How to find the load on CPU ?

Hi ALL, I have to develop a script which checks for the load on CPU on regular intervals. I created a simple script which uses 'uptime' command to find out the avg load in the last 5 min. I then used grep and put the value of the avg load in a variable OUT. It was working fine till... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikings.svnit
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replicate CPU load to other processors in server

Hi Folks, We have 6 processors in our sun server. I do see that CPU usage by one of the processor is always more than 70-80% and for remaining 5 processors, its only 20%. Is there a way to delegate the excess CPU load on one of the processors in server to other processors in same server? Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhav.kanchan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk & CPU Load

Deal All, I'm writing a simple awk to generate some sort of report. The awk will check 24 files (file generated each one hour in a wholoe day) and then it will print one field to another file for counting purposes. The script is working fine but the problem is that the CPU load is very high... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: charbel
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to increase cpu load

can someone suggest me some code in any language that will increase CPU and memory both. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restart debian server if one specific process has more than 10 seconds have high cpu load

Hi, could someone give me an example for a debian server script? I need to check a process if the process has a high cpu load (top). If yes the whole server needs to reboot. Thats it, nothing more. ;) Hope someone could help me. Regards woisch (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woisch
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies

10. Solaris

The old golden Question - Cpu load vs utilization

Hi all, Load = run queue, process utilizing cpu or waiting for cpu Cpu utilization = % of time that the cpu is busy. Naturally, I am thinking that if I have 1 cpu and my load=1 all the time, my CPU is 100% busy. Now I have 2 CPU thread running and doing prstat -Z, this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
XSYSINFO(1x)							 Debian GNU/Linux						      XSYSINFO(1x)

NAME
xsysinfo - Display Linux kernel parameters in graphical form SYNOPSIS
xsysinfo [-help] [-update n] [-[no]title] [-[no]labels] [-[no]loadavg] [-[no]load] [-[no]mem] [-[no]swap] [-[no]smp] DESCRIPTION
Xsysinfo is an X application to display some Linux kernel parameters in graphical form. It is like a mix of top, free and xload with the difference that the values are shown in form of a horizontal bar. The displayed values are: CPU load average, CPU load, memory and swap sizes (details see below). OPTIONS
-update n Set update rate to n milli-seconds -title Show title string -notitle Don't show title string -labels Show gauge labels -nolabels Don't show gauge labels -loadavg Show CPU load average value -noloadavg Don't show CPU load average value -load Show CPU load value -noload Don't show CPU load value -smp Show separate SMP loads -nosmp Don't show separate SMP loads. -mem Show memory info -nomem Don't show memory info -swap Show swap info -noswap Don't show swap info -help Display options DISPLAY
Xsysinfo display the following values: CPU load average CPU load average between 0.000-8.000. The gauge's bar is subdivided into segments, where one segment represents a load value of 1.0. The bar's full length is automatically scaled, depending on the displayed value. CPU load percentage CPU load time to CPU idle time subdivided in three segments: user load, system load and nice load. On an SMP system the -smp option replaces the single total load meter with a separate meter for each processor. Memory The memory gauge's bar is subdivided into two segments with the amount of physical memory, which is used by processes on the left and physical memory used for the page and buffer cache on the right. The length of the whole bar, which is the sum of these two val- ues, shows the amount of physical memory currently used by the system. Swap The percentage of swap space used by the system to total amount of swap space. AUTHORS
Xsyinfo is written by Gabor Herr <herr@iti.informatik.th-darmstadt.de> and currently maintained by Ronald Wahl <ronald.wahl@informatik.tu- chemnitz.de>. This manual page was created by Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.de> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Debian Project December 2005 XSYSINFO(1x)