Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ubuntu, emacs, vista help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ubuntu, emacs, vista help Post 302303509 by poundjd on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 07:15:48 PM
Old 04-02-2009
Thanks for the reply.

The ubuntu box is headless, Where the emacs code runs is not an Issue, but where it is displayed is. The only display I have is on the VISTA machine. So How can I edit the a file on the Ubuntu machine with the display on the VISTA machine.

Getting back to Unix is providing me with tons chances to learn new things....
-jeff

Last edited by poundjd; 04-02-2009 at 08:21 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Help in installing UBuntu 7.10 in Toshiba Tecra A8(Vista business)

Hi, I recently bought a Toshiba Tecra A8 laptop with preinstalled Vista Business license. I would like to install UBuntu 7.10 as another OS. However, I have some doubts:- i) I am not sure whether do the above model supports Linux/Ubuntu in terms of compatibility. So far, I googled and knew... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Installing Ubuntu in the same partition as Vista

Hi , I hav a laptop with Vista, i need to install Ubuntu along with vista on it. But the problem is tht i donot hav a hard drive partition. though i have abt 70 gb of free space. the only other partition is "recovery" one, so i cnt play with it how shld i perform the installation ?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshay61286
4 Replies

3. Ubuntu

[UBUNTU] mount.nfs fails in Ubuntu / Works on Red Hat!!!

Gurus, I want log in locally to my Lucid (10.04) workstation and have my code saved over the network on my samba account At work, all developers have samba user ids and when we were running Red Hat, we went thru the following procedure to get setup. * open a shell session to NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

What is the advantage of ubuntu over vista and vice versa?

i am thinking of replacing my vista with ubuntu. Questions: 1) what will be the advantages and disadvantages of using ubuntu instead of vista? 2) what will be the setbacks of replacing my vista? 3) how hard is it to cope up with the new OS? what must i learn to utilize ubuntu? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use emacs? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and a beginner in unix. Please correct me if I put the question in a wrong way.. How to use emacs editor? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format? I have the following link :- http link i.e. url and path : /abc/xyz.dev/xyz/documents What... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
7 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Emacs printing with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I am trying to setup a development environment that mirrors my Windows and SCO Unix systems. I use emacs and I am having trouble printing. I keep getting the error message; Symbol's function definition is void: default-printer-name I have googled this and for possible answers for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trolley
0 Replies
import-bug-from-debian(1)				      General Commands Manual					 import-bug-from-debian(1)

NAME
import-bug-from-debian - Import bugs from Debian's BTS, and file them against Ubuntu in LP. SYNOPSIS
import-bug-from-debian [options] bug... import-bug-from-debian -h DESCRIPTION
import-bug-from-debian clones bugs from Debian's BTS into Launchpad. Each bug listed on the command line has its initial report re-filed against the same source package in Ubuntu. The Ubuntu bug is linked back to its Debian counterpart. Each bug may be provided either as a bug number or URL. OPTIONS
-b, --browserless Don't open the bug in a browser at the end. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -l INSTANCE, --lpinstance=INSTANCE Use the specified instance of Launchpad (e.g. "staging"), instead of the default of "production". -p PACKAGE, --package=PACKAGE Launchpad package to file bug against, if not the same source package name as Debian. Useful for importing removal bugs filed against ftp.debian.org. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. IMPORT_BUG_FROM_DEBIAN_LPINSTANCE, UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The default value for --lpinstance. SEE ALSO
ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHORS
import-bug-from-debian was written by James Westby <james.westby@ubuntu.com>, and this manual page was written by Stefano Rivera <ste- fanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2. ubuntu-dev-tools September 21 2010 import-bug-from-debian(1)