Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find & If commands together
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find & If commands together Post 302303482 by orestis7 on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 05:42:27 PM
Old 04-02-2009
Find & If commands together

Hi to everybody!!

I have a (simple) question but i am newbie with unix and so i need a little help...I am writing a bash script file and i want to put inside this:

i have this command " find /usr/bin -name bzip2 -print " that i want to put it in a "if" statement and when it returns true the "programm" to continue otherwise to print a message "the bzip2 file wasn't found".

anybody has any idea?

thanks in advance!!Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

compress & cpio commands

Our End of Day backup routine uses following script. start End-of-day compress $BASE TO /home/compdir write /home/compdir to DATTAPE end where $BASE=/home2/Rev83 DATATAPE=/dev/rmt/ctape1 write=cpio (not sure about parameters) since I'm new to UNIX, i dont know how to restore data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with find & grep commands

Folks; First about find: when i run this: find . -name '*log*' -mtime +10 -print | sed 's+^\./++;s+/.*++' | sort -u i got list of log files but also get a directories (although directory names doesn't have "log" in it). How can i exclude the directory from the output of this find command? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append && echo "success" to all commands

I am learning to build from SVN and other tools, with a lot of copying and pasting from forums. I like to append && echo "success" to all commands so that I can see at a glance if things went all right. Is there a way that I can have the bash shell append this to all commands? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep & find command to find references to a particular file

Hi all , I'm new to unix I have a checked project , there exists a file called xxx.config . now my task is to find all the files in the checked out project which references to this xxx.config file. how do i use grep or find command . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Grep & find & while read line in a script

Hello people! I would like to create one script following this stage I have one directory with 100 files File001 File002 ... File100 (This is the format of content of the 100 files) 2012/03/10 12:56:50:221875936 1292800448912 12345 0x00 0x04 0 then I have one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abv_mx81
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep commands & format

I have these grep commands and need to put them next each other (in horizontal layout). cat /tmp/dsmc.out |grep Done cat /tmp/dsmc.out |grep "Elapsed processing time:" cat /tmp/dsmc.out |grep "Client date/time:" cat /tmp/dsmc.out |grep "Total number of bytes transferred:" so that it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Restricting commands & access

Dear all, I am administering a DC environment of over 100+ Solaris servers used by various teams including Databases. Every user created on the node belonging to databases is assigned group staff(10) . I want that all users belonging to staff should NOT be able to execute certain system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies
gst-complete-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-complete-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-complete-0.8, gst-complete - perform bash completion for gst-launch command lines SYNOPSIS
complete -Cgst-complete-0.8 gst-launch gst-complete [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-complete-0.8 enables bash to provide context-sensitive tab completion for gst-launch command lines. See gst-launch(1) for the syntax of gst-launch command lines. You must have a version of bash that supports programmable completion. Such versions of bash provide the complete built-in command. gst-complete is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X. For example, if both gst-complete-0.7 and gst- complete-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-complete runs gst-complete-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-complete-0.8 and gst-complete: --help Display detailed usage message. You can also use -? to specify this option. The following options are supported by gst-complete only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating the Registry of Available Plugins by Running gst-compprep Run the following command in your .bash_profile or other appropriate place: example% complete -C gst-complete-0.8 gst-launch Example 2: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-complete --print /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-complete-0.Executable for bash completion for gst-launch /usr/bin/gst-complete Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-complete-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-compprep(1), gst-feedback(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-complete-0.8(1)