Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX boot process stuck on "Welcome to AIX" banner Post 302303459 by dukessd on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 04:44:34 PM
Old 04-02-2009
Hmm, try booting to SMS, option4 I think is to select the console, select the console, exit and continue the boot, what do you get then?

What is the history of the machine? is it now, or was it ever connected to an HMC?

Does the op panel show HMC=0 or HMC=1?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

how to turn off the banner "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.2"?

how to turn off the banner "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.2"? I am using RedHat Advanced Server 4 #telnet localhost 22 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

"service" , "process" and " daemon" ?

Friends , Anybody plz tell me what is the basic difference between "service" , "process" and " daemon" ? Waiting for kind reply .. .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Printer Entries stuck "finished printing"

On Solaris 8, when I do a lpstat -o: I have tried cancel 140828p-16974, but the entries remain New prints to this printer and others work successfully. Can anyone suggest how to get rid of these entries. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmm
2 Replies

4. AIX

"fuser -c -k /XXX/XXXXXXX" Fails and stuck on AIX 6100-05-01-1016

Hi I was wondering if anybody has come across in a failure of fuser command. We have a backup script that is: fuser -c -k /XXX/XXXXXXX sync;sync umount /XXX/XXXXXXX/ backup -0 -f /dev/rmt0.1 -u /dev/XXXXXXXlv mount /XXX/XXXXXXX/ sync;sync The script is called from crontab via an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggovotsis
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Processes on FreeBSD are stuck in "pipewr" state

Hi Experts, I am executing "svn" checkout command through my java code on a freeBSD machine. SVN checkout gets started , but when I run "top" command on my freebsd machine, I have observed that "svn" processes are stuck in "pipewr" state. Any pointer for this problem? Thanks, akash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

6. BSD

Process stuck in "pipewr" state

Hi Experts, I am executing "svn" checkout command through my java code on a freeBSD machine. SVN checkout gets started , but when I run "top" command on my freebsd machine, I have observed that "svn" processes are stuck in "pipewr" state. Any pointer for this problem? Thanks, akash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enable "banner" for a user in solaris?

Password: Using keyboard-interactive authentication. Do you agree with the banner terms (y/n)?: y (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - io info get from "libperfstat" not match "iostat"

Hi, everyone. I need to write a program to get io info based on libperfstat. But the "write time" of a disk is just half of the value get from iostat. I'm confused and can't explain. Help please. How I calculate "write service time per sec": In iostat: write service... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
0 Replies

9. AIX

How to enable "TCP MD5 Signatures" and "https" on AIX?

I have searched many times but nothing found. Somebody help please :(:(:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies
FS_MESSAGES(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    FS_MESSAGES(1)

NAME
       fs_messages - Sets whether the Cache Manager writes log messages

SYNOPSIS
       fs messages [-show (user|console|all|none)] [-help]

fs me [-s (user|console|all|none)] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The fs messages command controls whether the Cache Manager displays status and warning messages on user screens, the client machine
       console, on both, or on neither.

There are two types of Cache Manager messages:

o   User messages provide user-level status and warning information, and the Cache Manager directs them to user screens.

o   Console messages provide system-level status and warning information, and the Cache Manager directs them to the client machine's
	   designated console.

Disabling messaging completely is not recommended, because the messages provide useful status and warning information.

OPTIONS
       -show (user|console|all|none)
	   Specifies the types of messages to display. Choose one of the following values:

user
	       Send user messages to user screens.

console
	       Send console messages to the console.

all Send user messages to user screens and console messages to the console (the default if the -show argument is omitted).

none
	       Do not send any messages to user screens or the console.

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

EXAMPLES
       The following command instructs the Cache Manager to display both types of messages:

% fs messages -show all

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser root.

SEE ALSO
       afsd(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							    FS_MESSAGES(1)