Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cron-apt - adding X-headers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cron-apt - adding X-headers Post 302303447 by karuna on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 03:47:59 PM
Old 04-02-2009
cron-apt - adding X-headers

Hi,

We use a ticket system for our IT queries called OTRS. Emails sent to
that system are placed in ticket queues. OTRS reads X- headers in emails
as described here:

http://dev.jasonpruim.com/otrs/doc/X-OTRS-Headers.txt

We would like to be able to configure cron-apt to place certain X- headers
in the notification emails it sends. It will then send the email to the
OTRS system which will read those X- headers and act accordingly, eg
directly placing the ticket in a particular queue or whatever.

I am new to scripting so still finding my feet.

So far I have edited:

/usr/share/cron-apt/functions
Code:
mail -a "$XHEADER" "$MAILTO" < "$MAIL"
        mail -s "$SUBJECT" "$MAILTO"  < "$MAIL"

/etc/cron-apt/config
Code:
XHEADER="X-OTRS-Queue: Updates"

When the email is sent the X-header seems to replace the Subject header, I'm assuming this is to do with mail. Can I merge those two commands together? or am I totally wrong?

Sorry if I'm a bit vague just not sure what to be asking really!

Any help would be great,
Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding command line env in cron env

Hello friends, i run two scripts manually & they work. i run them in cron & they don work. how to match the two env's 1.command line env 2.cron env i would like cron to use command line env. Thanks & Regards Abhijeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding date to cron log

Hi. I'm trying to output the current date to a cronjob log file. Nothing seems to work, echo $(date), echo `date` or just date in the script. I'm using /sbin/sh Any ideas? Thanks, John (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnH
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding a user to cron.allow

Hello all, I have solaris 10. I have have a script that installs crontab for a user. I want to add some more features to this script. I want to check whether the user exists in etc/cron.d/cron.allow ... if yes then continue the script without adding .... if not, then add that user to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MisterKhan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a new root cron job

Hi there, I have over 2000 systems (mainly Solaris) and I want to write a script that inserts a new root cronjob on each of those servers. obviously just adding a line to /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root looks like the easiest way, but i really dont want to have to send a HUP to crond on all boxes ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose multipe columns to rows and adding headers

Hi, I found the following awk script to transpose multiple (3) columns to multiple rows: #=== BEGIN {FS=","} { for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) { arr=$i; if(nf<= NF) nf=NF; } nr=NR } END { for(i=1;i<=nf;i++) { (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with joining files and adding headers to files

Hi, I have about 20 tab delimited text files that have non sequential numbering such as: UCD2.summary.txt UCD45.summary.txt UCD56.summery.txt The first column of each file has the same number of lines and content. The next 2 column have data points: i.e UCD2.summary.txt: a 8.9 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrdavis
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a cron job that will execute everyday at 14:50 hrs

Hi I want to execute a cron job everyday at 14:50 hrs. I have a script like this: TMP_FILE="/tmp/tmpcron.txt" RES=0 /usr/bin/crontab -l >> $TMP_FILE ADD_JOB="50 14 * * * /opt/mypath/scriptname.sh" grep "scriptname.sh" $TMP_FILE >> /dev/null JOB_NOT_EXIST=$? if test $JOB_NOT_EXIST... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
2 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

Openssl s_client Adding Headers Manually

Daily stupid question: How can I successfully add/pass HTTP options to openssl? I am trying to get a response from our test web server /vpn/index.html for testing an application. I can successfully get it doing it the manually way like: openssl s_client -connect 192.168.3.20:443 blah blah... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies
CRON-APT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       CRON-APT(8)

NAME
cron-apt -- program to update the system using apt-get SYNOPSIS
cron-apt [configfile] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the cron-apt command. cron-apt is a program that uses the information in /etc/cron-apt/action.d/ as arguments to apt-get line by line in file order. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. --help Show summary of options. CONFIGURATION
Configuration can be done by editing /etc/cron-apt/config and by adding rules to /etc/cron-apt/action.d/ The variables that you can set in /etc/cron-apt/config is documented in the configuration example in /usr/share/doc/cron-apt/examples/config From version 0.5.0 the optional FILTERCTRLM attribute is deprecated. SEE ALSO
apt-get (1) aptitude (1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ola Lundqvist ola@inguza.com for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). This manual is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. CRON-APT(8)