Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gigabit Link throughput
Special Forums IP Networking Gigabit Link throughput Post 302303429 by pludi on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 03:08:38 PM
Old 04-02-2009
For the low end I'd put about 60 MB/s, or about half top speed. For the top I'd say 115 MB/s, since 120 are about the physical limit. Those figures hold true for net-only transfers or if you have adequate I/O infrastructure backing it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

100 gigabit full duplex

How can I tell on Solaris 9 sparc if my nics are running 100 gigabit full duplex... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i test my tape throughput in Mb/sec?

Is there a tool or cmd line program i can use to test my tape throughput in Mb/sec? thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tool to monitor throughput

Was wonder if there was a tool or program I could run to measure throughput on our CentoS 4.x server. Our current dedicated host provider is charging us by how much throughput we are using and I just want to see if their numbers add up to whatever I get using a throughput tool of some kind. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
6 Replies

4. SCO

SCO6: Upgrading nd: no intel gigabit drivers?

I just (re)installed SCO6 here from scratch because I am hunting a problem. So, I installed it, then got the SCO OpenServer Release 6.0.0 Maintenance Pack 4 Device Drivers Supplement .iso and installed the nd package. # mount -F cdfs /dev/cd0 /cd-rom # pkgadd -d /cd-rom Then elect the nd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dalek
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to improve throughput?

I have a 10Gbps network link connecting two machines A and B. I want to transfer 20GB data from A to B using TCP. With default setting, I can use 50% bandwidth. How to improve the throughput? Is there any way to make throughput as close to 10Gbps as possible? thanks~ :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewust
3 Replies

6. Solaris

SUN GIGABIT ETHERNET CARD

Hi, we have SUN Gigabit ethernet cards at the server, both have 2 lines connected but hiw can I found out which cable is on which port before I configure it: the cards has 4 ports , from right to left the cables are connected at the first right then 2 empty then the last at the left side. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manni2
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Throughput problems with solaris aggregation

Hello gurus, I have the following configuration in the server side: # dladm show-aggr key: 33 (0x0021) policy: L4 address: 0:14:4f:6c:11:8 (auto) device address speed duplex link state nxge0 0:14:4f:6c:11:8 1000 Mbps ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FERCA
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Issue with ns2 - no throughput data

Hello, First time poster here hoping to get some help with ns2. I've recently started using ns2(first time user) but I'm having difficulty getting the results I'm after. I am trying to set up a network with wireless nodes(5-15 nodes) and then use xgraph to display a timing diagram,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnicksMan
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

OID for Bandwith and Throughput Measurement

Hey Guys, Does anybody know, which OID's of Net-SNMP is used to collect throughput and bandwith usage of machine?? I got these OID's ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets ..1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bonding IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation : Bond showing less than desired throughput

Hi All, I have done IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation bond configuration with name bond0 which has 4 slaves (each 25GB/s) in it on cent os 6.8. Issue i am facing is bonding throughput is only 50GB/s not 100GB/s. below are the configuration files : DEVICE=bond0 IPADDR=xx.xx.xx.xx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies
DialogBox(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      DialogBox(3)

NAME
Tk::DialogBox - create and manipulate a dialog screen. SYNOPSIS
use Tk::DialogBox ... $d = $top->DialogBox(-title => "Title", -buttons => ["OK", "Cancel"]); $w = $d->add(Widget, args)->pack; ... $button = $d->Show; DESCRIPTION
DialogBox is very similar to Dialog except that it allows any widget in the top Frame. DialogBox creates two Frames, top and bottom. The bottom Frame shows all the specified Buttons, lined up from left to right. The top Frame acts as a container for all other widgets that can be added with the add() method. OPTIONS
The options recognized by DialogBox are as follows: -title Specify the title of the DialogBox. If this is not set, then the name of the program is used. -buttons The button names to display in the bottom Frame. This is a reference to an array of strings containing the text to put on each Button. There is no default value for this. If you do not specify any button names, no Buttons are displayed. -default_button Specifies the default Button that is considered invoked when user presses <Return> on the DialogBox. This Button is highlighted. If no default Button is specified, then the first element of the array whose reference is passed to the -buttons option is used as the default. -cancel_button Specifies the Button that is considered invoked when the user closes the DialogBox using the window manager's close button. If the -cancel_button option is not given, and if there's only one button configured, then this button is also used as the cancel button. Otherwise no button is considered as the cancel button; in such a case Show just returns "undef" when the user closes the DialogBox. -command A callback which is executed after invoking an action to close the DialogBox, but before restoring focus and grab information. The selected button is passed as the first argument. -focus Specify the widget to receive the initial focus after popping up the DialogBox. By default the -default_button widget receives the initial focus. -showcommand A callback which is executed before displaying the DialogBox and waiting for user input. The DialogBox itself is passed as the first argument. METHODS
DialogBox supports only two methods as of now: add(widget, options) Add the widget indicated by widget. Widget can be the name of any Tk widget (standard or contributed). options are the options that the widget accepts. The widget is advertized as a subwidget of DialogBox. The name of widget is lower-cased and used as the advertised name. If multiple instances of widget are created in the DialogBox, then only the last one gets the advertised name. add() does not automatically pack() or grid() widget into the DialogBox. Show(?-global?) Displays the Dialog until the user invokes one of the Buttons in the bottom Frame. If the grab type -global is specified, then Show uses that grab; otherwise it defaults to a local grab. Returns the name of the Button invoked. The actual Dialog is shown using the Popup method. Any other options supplied to Show are passed to Popup, and can be used to position the Dialog on the screen. Please read Tk::Popup for details. Exit() Close the dialogbox, by emulating a click on the default button. ADVERTISED WIDGETS
top The subwidget reference to the top half of the DialogBox widget, the Frame containing widgets added by the add method. bottom The subwidget reference to the bottom half of the DialogBox widget, the Frame containing the Button widgets. B_"button-text" Individual subwidget references to the Buttons in the DialogBox widget. The subwidget name is the string B_ concatenated with the Button's -text value. BUGS
There is no way of removing a widget once it has been added to the top Frame, unless you access the top subwidget and go through the child widgets. There is no control over the appearance of the Buttons in the bottom Frame nor is there any way to control the placement of the two Frames with respect to each other. AUTHOR
Rajappa Iyer rsi@earthling.net This code is distributed under the same terms as Perl. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 DialogBox(3)