Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find common lines using just one column to compare and result with all columns Post 302303298 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 10:15:35 AM
Old 04-02-2009
Looks like vgersh99 and I are equally confused...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find all common lines from 'n' no. of files

Hi, I have one situation. I have some 6-7 no. of files in one directory & I have to extract all the lines which exist in all these files. means I need to extract all common lines from all these files & put them in a separate file. Please help. I know it could be done with the help of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Observer
11 Replies

2. Ubuntu

How to compare two columns and fetch the common data with additional column

Dear All, I am new to this forum and please ignore my little knowledge :p I have two types of data (a subset is given below) data version 1: 439798 2 1 451209 1 2 508696 2 1 555760 2 1 582757 1 2 582889 1 2 691827... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evoll
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare a common field in two files and append a column from File 1 in File2

Hi Friends, I am new to Shell Scripting and need your help in the below situation. - I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - "Application handle" is the common field in both the files. (NOTE :- PLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHMENT "Compare files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two sample files and find common

Hi I have two sample files attached here one file contain entries in one column and second file contains entries in many columns I have to match entries of first file with entries in secon d file form secon column onwards and if matches write "match" in front of it. I tried several... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seperated by columns, merge in a file, sort them on common column

Hi All, I have 4 files in below format. I took them as an example. File 1: Cut from position 1-4 then 6-7 then 8-14 then rest left and make them as columns in one new file. Inserting character H to the initial of all line like HCTOT. CTOT 456787897 Low fever CTOR 556712345 High fever... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two columns and replacing it with value from third column!!

Hi, I am new to Unix and I am finding it hard to fix a particular logic. The context is as below. File 1 : This contains of 5 fields : Type | Bank Code | Account | Name | Date/Time 60|ABC123|TX123456|XXXX|YYYYMMDDHH:MM:SS 72|ABC123|MYD34561|XXXX|YYYYMMDDHH:MM:SS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJose
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 columns from the same file and print a value depending on the result

Hello Unix gurus, I have a file with this format (example values): label1 1 0 label2 1 0 label3 0.4 0.6 label4 0.5 0.5 label5 0.1 0.9 label6 0.9 0.1 in which: column 1 is a row label column 2 and 3 are values I would like to do a simple operation on this table and get the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksennin
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste columns based on common column: multiple files

Hi all, I've multiple files. In this case 5. Space separated columns. Each file has 12 columns. Each file has 300-400K lines. I want to get the output such that if a value in column 2 is present in all the files then get all the columns of that value and print it side by side. Desired output... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sort by record column, Compare with conditons and export the result

Hello, I am new to Unix and would like to seek a help, please. I have 2 files (file_1 and file_2), I need to perform the following actions. 1 ) Sort the both file by the column 26-36 (which is Invoice number) what is sort command with the column sort? 2) Compare the file_1.sorted and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Usagi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join columns across multiple lines in a Text based on common column using BASH

Hello, I have a file with 2 columns ( tableName , ColumnName) delimited by a Pipe like below . File is sorted by ColumnName. Table1|Column1 Table2|Column1 Table5|Column1 Table3|Column2 Table2|Column2 Table4|Column3 Table2|Column3 Table2|Column4 Table5|Column4 Table2|Column5 From... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nv186000
6 Replies
TLSMGR(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 TLSMGR(8)

NAME
tlsmgr - Postfix TLS session cache and PRNG handling manager SYNOPSIS
tlsmgr [generic Postfix daemon options] DESCRIPTION
The tlsmgr process does housekeeping on the session cache database files. It runs through the databases and removes expired entries and entries written by older (incompatible) versions. The tlsmgr is responsible for the PRNG handling. The used internal OpenSSL PRNG has a pool size of 8192 bits (= 1024 bytes). The pool is initially seeded at startup from an external source (EGD or /dev/urandom) and additional seed is obtained later during program run at a configurable period. The exact time of seed query is using random information and is equally distributed in the range of [0-tls_ran- dom_reseed_period] with a tls_random_reseed_period having a default of 1 hour. Tlsmgr can be run chrooted and with dropped privileges, as it will connect to the entropy source at startup. The PRNG is additionally seeded internally by the data found in the session cache and timevalues. Tlsmgr reads the old value of the exchange file at startup to keep entropy already collected during previous runs. From the PRNG random pool a cryptographically strong 1024 byte random sequence is written into the PRNG exchange file. The file is updated periodically with the time changing randomly from [0-tls_random_prng_update_period]. STANDARDS
SECURITY
Tlsmgr is not security-sensitive. It only deals with external data to be fed into the PRNG, the contents is never trusted. The session cache housekeeping will only remove entries if expired and will never touch the contents of the cached data. DIAGNOSTICS
Problems and transactions are logged to the syslog daemon. BUGS
There is no automatic means to limit the number of entries in the session caches and/or the size of the session cache files. CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS
The following main.cf parameters are especially relevant to this program. See the Postfix main.cf file for syntax details and for default values. Use the postfix reload command after a configuration change. Session Cache smtpd_tls_session_cache_database Name of the SDBM file (type sdbm:) containing the SMTP server session cache. If the file does not exist, it is created. smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout Expiry time of SMTP server session cache entries in seconds. Entries older than this are removed from the session cache. A cleanup- run is performed periodically every smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout seconds. Default is 3600 (= 1 hour). smtp_tls_session_cache_database Name of the SDBM file (type sdbm:) containing the SMTP client session cache. If the file does not exist, it is created. smtp_tls_session_cache_timeout Expiry time of SMTP client session cache entries in seconds. Entries older than this are removed from the session cache. A cleanup- run is performed periodically every smtp_tls_session_cache_timeout seconds. Default is 3600 (= 1 hour). Pseudo Random Number Generator tls_random_source Name of the EGD socket or device or regular file to obtain entropy from. The type of entropy source must be specified by preceding the name with the appropriate type: egd:/path/to/egd_socket, dev:/path/to/devicefile, or /path/to/regular/file. tlsmgr opens tls_random_source and tries to read tls_random_bytes from it. tls_random_bytes Number of bytes to be read from tls_random_source. Default value is 32 bytes. If using EGD, a maximum of 255 bytes is read. tls_random_exchange_name Name of the file written by tlsmgr and read by smtp and smtpd at startup. The length is 1024 bytes. Default value is /etc/post- fix/prng_exch. tls_random_reseed_period Time in seconds until the next reseed from external sources is due. This is the maximum value. The actual point in time is calcu- lated with a random factor equally distributed between 0 and this maximum value. Default is 3600 (= 60 minutes). tls_random_prng_update_period Time in seconds until the PRNG exchange file is updated with new pseude random values. This is the maximum value. The actual point in time is calculated with a random factor equally distributed between 0 and this maximum value. Default is 60 (= 1 minute). SEE ALSO
smtp(8) SMTP client smtpd(8) SMTP server LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) TLSMGR(8)