Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help--Using wildcards in string comparison Post 302303203 by deepae on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 05:56:36 AM
Old 04-02-2009
Help--Using wildcards in string comparison

Hi,

I want to compare two strings using wild cards.

In the file run_test i have

if [ "$1" = "*default*" ] ; then
cp ../stimulus/default_value.in ../log/$1.log
fi

When I issue the command run_test i2c_default_test in the command line, the cp command is not executed.
Whereas if i give the following code, the cp command gets ececuted.

if [ "$1" = "i2c_default_test" ] ; then
cp ../stimulus/default_value.in ../log/$1.log
fi

There are many tests with the "default" name. Hence i dont want to add if statement for every test. Can anyone tell me where i am going wrong in using the wild card comparison operator "*"

Thanks,
Deepa

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

string comparison

The script will read a bunch of names, and test if it contains "John", but as below apparently ~ does not work, so what is the easiest way to perform string comparison in bash shell script? thanks ... elif then echo "get John" .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

string comparison

Hello experts, (tcsh shell) Quite new to shell scripting... I have got a file with a single word on each line. Want to be able to make a comparison such that i can read pairs of words that are ROT13 to each other. Also, i would like to print the pairs to another file. Any help... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jatsui
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with String Comparison

I'm running the following script to compare string values to a regexp: for entry in $(lpinfo -v | cut -c 1-); do if then echo "blah" continue fi done Whenever I run it, each token of lpinfo is being interpreted as a command and I get errors such as: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hypnotic_meat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Comparison

Is there a way to compare the permission string of two files and output the string if they match? For ex: -rw-r--r-- 1 user newuser 0 2009-03-12 16:45 file2 -rw-r--r-- 1 user newuser 0 2009-03-12 16:46 fileone output: -rw-r--r-- If they don't match output will be just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: squardius
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find string in list with wildcards

I need to add code to a shell script to find out if a string matches any item in a list, where the list can contain a wildcard character. For example, if I have the following list: ok_versions="03-02-4, 04-01-*" Then I want to compare a particular string to see if it matches any item in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johan III
11 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need Help on String Comparison

Hi , My requirement is to read from a file into a variable. I need to check if the variable is equal to string "no rows selected". The sh script snippet is as follows: file=/data/lpgtwo/home/nikhilp/TriggerNames.txt echo $file var=`cat $file` echo $var if then echo "No... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MNG
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract string from main string and string comparison

continuing from my previous post, whose link is given below as a reference https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171076-shell-scripting.html#post302573569 consider there is create table commands in a file for eg: CREATE TABLE `Blahblahblah` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

passing letters from an array into a string for string comparison

attempting the hangman program. This was an optional assignment from the professor. I have completed the logical coding, debugging now. ##I have an array $wordString that initializes to a string of dashes ##reflecting the number of letters in $theWord ##every time the user enters a (valid)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lotsofideas
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String comparison

hi team, i want to compare the below string from logs, but its is not working. if ]; then echo "restart some process" fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfaizan40
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk string comparison unterminated quoted string andrule of thumb

I have the logic below to look up for matches within the columns between the two files with awk. In the if statement is where the string comparison is attempted with == The issue seems to be with the operands, as 1. when " '${SECTOR}' " -- double quote followed by single quote -- awk matches... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deadyetagain
1 Replies
PCSCD(8)							    PC/SC Lite								  PCSCD(8)

NAME
pcscd - PC/SC Smart Card Daemon SYNOPSIS
pcscd [options] OPTIONS
-a, --apdu log APDUs and SW using the debug method (see --debug). -c, --config file Specifies the file file as an alternate location for /etc/reader.conf.d/reader.conf. -f, --foreground Runs pcscd in the foreground and sends log messages to stderr instead of syslog(3). -d, --debug use the lowest log level. Any log message of this level or above will be sent to stderr or syslog(3) depending on the use of --fore- ground. --info use info log level. This is the default log level. --error use error log level. --critical use critical log level. The log levels are ordered as: debug < info < error < critical. Use a log level l will log this level and all the levels above it. -h, --help Displays information about the pcscd command line -v, --version Displays the program version number -H, --hotplug Ask pcscd to rescan the USB buses for added or removed readers and re-read the /etc/reader.conf.d/reader.conf file to detect added or removed non-USB readers (serial or PCMCIA). DESCRIPTION
pcscd is the daemon program for pcsc-lite. It is a resource manager that coordinates communications with smart card readers and smart cards and cryptographic tokens that are connected to the system. It allows applications to access smart cards and readers using the winscard API but without knowing details of the card or reader. pcscd coordinates the loading of drivers for card readers. SERIAL SMART CARD READER DRIVERS
Smart card reader drivers are placed in the /usr/lib/pcsc/drivers directory. Each driver is simply an .so file. pcscd locates the driver using the /etc/reader.conf.d/reader.conf file. See the reader.conf(5) manual page for more information. Drivers are available at http://www.musclecard.com/drivers.html. USB SMART CARD READER DRIVERS
USB smart card reader drivers are located in /usr/lib/pcsc/drivers directory as a bundle. You shall not add a USB driver in /etc/reader.conf.d/reader.conf file. FILES
/etc/reader.conf.d/reader.conf : Reader configuration file /var/run/pcscd/pcscd.pid : process id of the running pcscd /usr/lib/pcsc/drivers : directory containing bundles for USB drivers SEE ALSO
bundleTool(8), reader.conf(5), syslog(3) AUTHORS
David Corcoran <corcoran@musclecard.com> and Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau@free.fr> Muscle January 2007 PCSCD(8)